Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefdave

How many are actually employed by wasps and not the caterers etc?
Wasn't there an article recently that they'd cut staff to the minimum and some positions were being replaced with volunteers.

chiefdave

Hasn’t their season already started? How are they going to sort out relegation?
some people suggested they were desperately trying to string things out until they'd played their first game to prevent automatic relegation but surely with only a handful of games played you just void those results if needed.

Grendel

Up until May I didn't think it would happen. They should have been able to sort something but it would seem piss poor management means they carried on regardless. The situation must have gone significantly worse since June 2021

Clearly in the end I was wrong.

Won't shed not one tear for them. I don't feel sorry for them at all. Should never have been here.

I do feel sorry for the ordinary stadium staff who won't get paid and could lose their jobs. The staff who had to find out about it on social media, couldn't even tell the staff first, that's a disgrace in its self

I do wonder if this has been planned to clear the debts then carry on .... a pre pack situation. Some twists and turns to come I think.

Richardson will be protecting his interests this isn’t over yet

SheafIsGod

Personally don’t get the joy over this. We won’t own the stadium as a result. We were a mess long before Wasps arrived and we’ll be a mess long after they’ve gone

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Acl owe something like 23m of the bond to wasps finance who then owes the bondholders 35m

Acl however jointly and severally secure the bond so could be held responsible for all of it

duffer

Personally don’t get the joy over this. We won’t own the stadium as a result. We were a mess long before Wasps arrived and we’ll be a mess long after they’ve gone

Quite possibly, but if you haven't already understood the visceral dislike of (London) Wasps pitching up here, fucking over the local rugby and football club, and disenfranchising their own supporters, I guess it's a bit late for me to try to explain.

Legia Sky Blue

Have never really understood the machinations of the administration process, but could notifying an 'intention' to enter administration still be part of Wasps negotition strategy with their bond holders in the hope that the bond holders might then accept a lower settlement, rather than risk the outcome of administration?

torchomatic

My thoughts are with the Sky Blue Trust at this incredibly difficult time.

Philosorapter

It's like mud wrestling. Don't care who wins as long as it goes the distance.

CCFCSteve

It potentially puts the stadium/long lease on the open market for sale, which as suggested before might attract offers for CCFC and stadium

Nick

Administrator

These are the duties of an administrator. Yes to get best benefit for the creditors but also if best for creditors to save the company

Wonder if some assets have moved location
How does that work if things are secured on them? Doesn't it work like car finance etc etc that if you get rid with something secured on it, it can still be claimed back?

chiefdave

Go on then Wasps forum, give me a semi

View attachment 26272
If, and its still a big if IMO, Wasps lose control of the ground to the bondholders, is there a strong case for them staying at the CBS? 5K in a stadium that holds over 30K isn't fun as we've experienced when we've had some cold nights in the early rounds of the paint pot cup and will only get worse if the current results are maintained and we head into winter. Would that be the point at which they admit the experiment has failed.

Of course that leaves the question of where they would go. Brentford would be the obvious answer being literally minutes from where the club was previously based but having told their supporters that wasn't an option as rugby wouldn't be allowed there London Irish have moved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread