Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Blue Harry H

Surely actual sour, violent protests on the horizon if it turns out Richardson et al. have used the local community and bondholders to the tune of tens of millions + what could easily be the final nail for CCFC, and then end up with the stadium anyway?

That will be CCFC, CCC, local businesses, bondholders and original Wasps fans all fucked over for a duplicitous scheme that has probably been in the making for over a decade

Can't stomach the thought of it, but they'll be skint again within no time at all. No TV money/coverage/PL share/crowds probably all under 4,000 (except for the big fanfare of 'Wasps 2, the return' (where 4,024 turn up, including 3,999 free tickets). Wouldn't mind turning up at Cov RFC v Wasps to give them pelters (as long as it didn't clash with a City game). Let's wait for tomorrow, as I'm getting angrier by the second thinking about it.

Tile Hill Phil

There will be stories galore circling next week and speculation will be rife but my one hope in all of this is that Ann Lucas or any of her close associates read this forum, so they will hear our message “well done Ann, and in your moment of madness, look what a fuckin mess you made”.
Yes we’ll soon see now if the council support us or not. Not holding my breath considering their past track record

Gynnsthetonic

Could we be in a Derby situation with buyers for the club but owned by Mel Morris our own Derek Richardson who will want £20m for it to cover his losses

SkyBlueSam01

By who? Nobody gives enough of a shit. And suggesting violence is ridiculous.

Yeah I'm not suggesting violence at all don't worry 😂

I suppose I'm just trying to say the atmosphere simply wouldn't be workable if Wasps were to end up playing at the CBS as if nothing had happened as some have suggested... Simply not an option and surely the powers that be know this.

Nick

Administrator

Not as worried now. Same sort of thing as before.

Just have to see if we are still on that page at the end of December......

This has been combined with the Club providing initial finance for the pitch improvements, though overall we will not pay any additional costs on top of our rent agreement at the Arena.

Guess it isn't helping having to pay silly money for the game to be on yesterday too.

CCFC54321

Surely actual sour, violent protests on the horizon if it turns out Richardson et al. have used the local community and bondholders to the tune of tens of millions + what could easily be the final nail for CCFC, and then end up with the stadium anyway?

That will be CCFC, CCC, local businesses, bondholders and original Wasps fans all fucked over for a duplicitous scheme that has probably been in the making for over a decade
If Richardson things he can do this and not face the music he’s sadly mistaken

duffer

I think the best thing to do is stay calm, not react to rumours, positive or negative, and see how things play out tomorrow.

We’re one day away from things being much clearer. It isn’t worth losing our heads over and I don’t really fancy loads of idle speculation or another round of arguments about sisu.

Stay calm and not react to rumour?

Where's the fun in that! Nick would have to close the forum down (and I'd have to do some work too, I suppose). 😄

Nick

Administrator
They won't be able to play in the prem in the 23-24 season idiots.
Unless they appeal the RFU decision
Did I read something about Sarries having a potential administration as well yesterday?
I can see them appealing and blaming covid

TomRad85

Nothing would surprise me at all.
That's the worry.
I get it, I always expect the worst supporting this club but you'd have to be mentally unstable to think Wasps could come back to the CBS and suddenly make it work. They were an absolute disaster and I'd think anyone on the council with half a functional brain would want to just let them go quietly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

While I won't pretend to understand the majority of what's going on, if Wasps are saved now surely they can't be looking to still play here? Everything in the last few years has pointed to there being absolutely no appetite for a hobo rugby team in a 30000-seater so it must be their best chance for a rebirth somewhere they'd make sense

Nick

Administrator
People are wetting themselves about the transfer embargo....it will be long gone before the transfer window opens.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Exactly. Just have to check that EFL link in December to see if we vanish

duffer

Also confirmed the club paid for the pitch.....

Absolutely, which really pisses me off when you've got people like Clive on CWR point-blank denying it when it's mentioned by callers.

It might be that we'll get the money back later, but right now it's clear that the club had to put the money in up front. That's obviously an unexpected cost to the business.

File under more Wasps bullshit, basically.

Nick

Administrator
Absolutely, which really pisses me off when you've got people like Clive on CWR point-blank denying it when it's mentioned by callers.

It might be that we'll get the money back later, but right now it's clear that the club had to put the money in up front. That's obviously an unexpected cost to the business.

File under more Wasps bullshit, basically.
I read it as being discounted rent rather than money back

Nick

Administrator
If I read Boddy's statement correctly, CCFC paid up front for the pitch repairs but that's offset against our future rental payments. My concern is that agreement might now be lost and we may not see the discounted rent
That's how I read it too

I'm guessing the telegraph article was as I thought, from the wasps / ACL side

Look at sisu, not us. Again.

Although the club should have communicated it like that as soon as the embargo was added.

AFCCOVENTRY

Honestly think some fans are getting too worked up here. This is going 2 ways:

1) Sisu + a partner will be a preferred bidder for acl in administration.

2) Sisu fail with a bid or maybe won’t even bid. In this scenario any new owner of ACL will need CCFC to play at the arena.

With the later scenario, it might mean it’s only a game or 2 that has to be played elsewhere unless the administrator and potential new owner allow CCFC to play at the arena until all sorted.

Liquid Gold

Honestly think some fans are getting too worked up here. This is going 2 ways:

1) Sisu + a partner will be a preferred bidder for acl in administration.

2) Sisu fail with a bid or maybe won’t even bid. In this scenario any new owner of ACL will need CCFC to play at the arena.

With the later scenario, it might mean it’s only a game or 2 that has to be played elsewhere unless the administrator and potential new owner allow CCFC to play at the arena until all sorted.
Scenario 2 means we end up with sisu as owners in perpetuity as nobody will pay their asking price for a club without a stadium.

AFCCOVENTRY

Also regarding the pitch. It ends up cost neutral to us. We put in upfront costs which means the rent is reduced to compensate. Balances out.

Boddy - This has been combined with the Club providing initial finance for the pitch improvements, though overall we will not pay any additional costs on top of our rent agreement at the Arena.

Nick

Administrator
Scenario 2 means we end up with sisu as owners in perpetuity as nobody will pay their asking price for a club without a stadium.
I'm still hoping somebody will take us and ACL.

However I'm not sure how possible it's going to be.

I'll keep dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread