Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglej13

Not convinced by that since he joined in mid 2020 and Hyam joined 2017, and he continued posting for a while after the sale. He seemed to be a bit higher up the chain and was either told to keep quiet or decided to himself.

His age is the same as Fisher's...
Agree. Knew about things that a player wouldn't.

Senior Vick from Alicante

In the event of liquidation of ACL, how much control would the bond holders have over the inevitable fire sale of the stadium? Could the bond holders take control of the stadium from liquidators and form a newco running the stadium for the benefit of the bond holders?

The gift of the lease would fall back to the council, i believe someone posted that previously.

slowpoke

So who ended up paying for the pitch repairs in the end? Cause if that was us then that’s a right piss take getting booted out when us as tenants paying for somebody else’s ground to be fixed so we can actually play on what we pay to rent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An individual fan put up the money so I have been told

pusbccfc

They didn’t

They did and it's been kept quiet.

It's why it took so long. Wasps literally couldn't pay and we made it very clear we weren't. If we had paid for it, it would have been done within days and not the weeks we had to wait. CWG didn't want the legal issues/bad press.

Sky Blue Pete

It's why it took so long. Wasps literally couldn't pay and we made it very clear we weren't. If we had paid for it, it would have been done within days and not the weeks we had to wait. CWG didn't want the legal issues/bad press.
Ok not what I’ve been told

Grendel

Overson I assume funded it

chiefdave

What legal issues could the CWG have possibly had? They hired a venue, used the venue, returned the venue. Its not their responsibility to ensure the pitch is fit for professional football after their use. That's the reason other venues pulled out.

skyblu3sk

Well folks, looks like the end game is upon us. If Sisu manage to pick up the stadium fairly cheaply and at least put it in a parent company of CCFC the dream of owning a stadium and becoming a viable asset to sell becomes so much more realistic. Sisu could get the exit cash they need and the new buyer can finally have a go at running a more settled club. The other option is with more potential revenue streams Sisu could make a more sustained effort at getting us in to the play offs but I worry this would increase the exit cash they need especially if they failed to do so. If it falls in to a 3rd parties hands I just don't see an exit route for Sisu that gets what they want.

Sbarcher

Someone at Tuesday night’s game told me Roy Orbison paid for the pitch, but he shouted it during a noisy goal celebration and I may have misheard.
Heard he wanted to attend but was still 24 hours away.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not sure why that’s a shock - ACL isn’t going to be bought before administration. Nobody in their right mind will buy it with 35m owed to bond holders, millions owed to compass and 20m in repairs.

it’ll probably liquidate before anything happens.

pusbccfc

What legal issues could the CWG have possibly had? They hired a venue, used the venue, returned the venue. Its not their responsibility to ensure the pitch is fit for professional football after their use. That's the reason other venues pulled out.

Because they quite literally destroyed the pitch due to their wrongdoing. The damage wasn't wear and tear, they used a toxic substance which destroyed the roots of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread