Wasps downward spiral... (4 Viewers)

oldfiver

Probably didn't word it correctly
Whenever the outfit i work for is valuing a company for sale we don't use EBITDA. it only really makes sense for huge corporations and even then it's a bit dubious

EBITDA is only part of the valuation but a starting point The smaller business tends to have special nuances and it is the "profit" figure that requires tweaking

duffer

The bond price is a pretty good indication of whether the bond holders see it as a good thing.

Personally, I can’t see any way that a company that’s already massively leveraged taking on more debt is a good thing, but maybe that’s just me.

I’m also struggling to see how a stadium and exhibition centre somehow maintains its current valuation when there’s no market for public events, and the primary tenant is struggling to meet the terms of its other financial commitments.

In short then:

Wasps Bonds: Sell
Smoke & Mirrors; Buy

:)

Skyblueweeman

Some wasps fans are pinning hopes that rugby might get some money from the government. If this does happen it will open up a whole can of worms on other sports asking for the same help.

I was speaking to a sporting industry expert the other day who said that the IOC are bailing out a number of global sporting governing bodies. Whilst those are global governing bodies, there doesn't appear to be much appetite for the UK govt to bail out professional sport in the UK.

I therefore cannot see them bailing out Rugby Union as they would then have to look at the EFL, the ECB etc as well.

Peter Billing

I was speaking to a sporting industry expert the other day who said that the IOC are bailing out a number of global sporting governing bodies. Whilst those are global governing bodies, there doesn't appear to be much appetite for the UK govt to bail out professional sport in the UK.

I therefore cannot see them bailing out Rugby Union as they would then have to look at the EFL, the ECB etc as well.

Yes and they're not likely to do that if those sports don't have their house in order. As we saw with several airlines the government were not making handouts on demand but expected them to explore every other avenue of possible financing first.

jordan210

I do love the wasps forum.

"600 replies from 15000 residents isn't what I would call representative. That's only 4%, or just 3% of residents voiced opposition. It's about time the council just got on with it. Highly likely they will REJECT, then we can appeal and so on. I would hope this if it gets rejected, Wasps renegotiate the price in view of Covid"

"The reality is that most of the vocal dissenters are angry CCFC supporters who live outside of the area.

The College sold the facility because it was losing money - it was a no brainer."

djbooth

"600 replies from 15000 residents isn't what I would call representative. That's only 4%, or just 3% of residents voiced opposition. It's about time the council just got on with it. Highly likely they will REJECT, then we can appeal and so on. I would hope this if it gets rejected, Wasps renegotiate the price in view of Covid"

"The reality is that most of the vocal dissenters are angry CCFC supporters who live outside of the area.

The College sold the facility because it was losing money - it was a no brainer."
There is only 2400 residents in Henley in Arden. 15000 is Henley on thames

Nick

Administrator

Haven't they bought the land yet then? How can they renegotiate the price in view of COVID? ha

chiefdave

The objections on the planning portal have people's addresses on them which shows they are locals. The survey they've referring to was only open to locals. They really are clueless.

There's an objection from Sport England as well, are they angry CCFC supporters?
Haven't they bought the land yet then? How can they renegotiate the price in view of COVID? ha
Pretty sure they have as didn't they shut everything down and then claim they should be allowed to use it as a training centre as nobody else was using it?

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure they have as didn't they shut everything down and then claim they should be allowed to use it as a training centre as nobody else was using it?

Some of the Wasps fans are banging on about it being unused and just rotting. I am pretty sure people were using it when they could.

chiefdave

Some of the Wasps fans are banging on about it being unused and just rotting. I am pretty sure people were using it when they could.
Which was exactly what the Henley Group flagged up on day one. They'd close it and then claim it was out of use.

jordan210

If anyone on here has an Endole account. Could they do a check to see if the rumour that DR has put in 16million true ?

Grendel

If anyone on here has an Endole account. Could they do a check to see if the rumour that DR has put in 16million true ?

I doubt it - I think he’s confusing the overall loan of £18m - wasps lost £17m in the latest accounts it seems

stupot07

.lol
819c00a71a11609d91370b1a98ebbdcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jordan210

I doubt it - I think he’s confusing the overall loan of £18m - wasps lost £17m in the latest accounts it seems

Will be interesting to see as to date DR put 16m in. I cant see enrode sending a notification for something in old accounts.

unless he has added say 2million with a new interest rate.

I guess we need someone to see the new information

Last edited:

oldfiver

:16dandigirl: Well, we will not be voting in favour of these proposals which are a big dilution of bondholders security. There is only one element that we can support being (a) (iii) - early redemption at par. IMV these bonds should be redeemed and there should be a new issue incorporating any changes WASPS wish to bring in. They should not be foisted on existing holders. There are only downsides here for current holders. If that brings about early liquidation, better sooner rather than later when bondholders would have weakened their current position. Don't just accede to these proposals for they are not what they seem. Let Richardson arrange redemption and then he can do what he likes.

Sick Boy

They’re a bunch of nasty scumbags, genuinely would be happy to see them go out business and the club return to its rightful home for their real fans.

shepardo01

They’re a bunch of nasty scumbags, genuinely would be happy to see them go out business and the club return to its rightful home for their real fans.
They are having their game on in the hospitality lounges at the Ricoh today.
The game is being played at the Ricoh....

Regulations state that the game should not be watched. (Eg through the windows)....

Bet they do.....

Wonder if anybody might make a complaint.....

jordan210

An additional £18m?

I dont think the additional one will even show in the next accounts. due to timings. if there was one of 16m will be in accounts next year.

I guess we need to see what the notification from endole was to see if something new

Grendel

When you look at the accounts the real problem has always been the Rugby side of the business. Pretty much all the losses are attributed the them.

The entertainment side isn’t exactly great but it probably just about breaks even. The irony is Richardson would be better off selling the rugby club and making it a tenant along with the football club

Brighton Sky Blue

When you look at the accounts the real problem has always been the Rugby side of the business. Pretty much all the losses are attributed the them.

The entertainment side isn’t exactly great but it probably just about breaks even. The irony is Richardson would be better off selling the rugby club and making it a tenant along with the football club

Couldn’t imagine many takers in such a scenario

Liquid Gold

Couldn’t imagine many takers in such a scenario
The only way it could possibly work is if he wrote off all his debt then paid off the bond holders himself for the arena.

The thing has been a shit show from the start of its build and will only ever potentially work without a mountain of debt around it but nobody has ever managed to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread