Wasps downward spiral... (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Wasps are doing a really great job of investing in training facilities, management, players, the brand and navigating the crisis. I think they are doing a superb job. The arena is located in a very prosperous part of the UK.
This is all pure fantasy.

Travs

They seem to be getting results on the pitch though... two crunch matches coming up against the teams immediately below them, which look like they will either see them secure in the top 4 (Europe?), or mid-table obscurity...

oldfiver

They seem to be getting results on the pitch though... two crunch matches coming up against the teams immediately below them, which look like they will either see them secure in the top 4 (Europe?), or mid-table obscurity...

They lost last night though
It is going to be an odd season as teams rotate their squads to give them both rest and game time

shepardo01

They lost last night though
It is going to be an odd season as teams rotate their squads to give them both rest and game time
Worryingly, up until last night they have been flying and I think, were the form team of the Premiership.
Hope that the defeat signifies the proverbial wheels falling off.
Have no idea of their squad depth in comparison to others.

Gynnsthetonic

From the Bond's Board

aringadingding
: I have checked out the prospectus and there is nothing in there that bothers me greatly. CC2014 some background reading re trustee processes here: hxxps://www.icmagroup.org/assets/documents/About-ICMA/APAC/ICMA-NAFMII-WG-International-Practices-of-Bond-Trustee-Arrangements-031218.pdf The £5m is mostly government grant to get Britain building and not income, agreed, but obviously will add to the stadium value. There is a whole load of detail we could go into if we wanted to but at this stage the dynamic, I think, is that the football club wants to play there but they don't want to pay a lot for that, and probably hope that if the club goes bust they can pick up the stadium cheaply (the low public market valuation helps them think this might happen). Wasps are doing a really great job of investing in training facilities, management, players, the brand and navigating the crisis. I think they are doing a superb job. The arena is located in a very prosperous part of the UK. Rugby as a sport is growing in value as evidenced by private equity investment. Wasps just need to see out this awkward few years when they have got involved in retail security markets, then ideally bring the football club back to the table, but otherwise just keep growing the business and think long term. I think they can do it but as stated above I am a holder
Utter Bullshit!

stupot07

bf6bc15ff66604175a9e63050d0c14c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

They don't make it easy for people to understand what they are on about and get on side, do they?

It's all cryptic.
Its this he's referring to which is basically a lawyers letter on behalf of Wasps saying the council should ignore all of the issues raised by Sport England and claiming again the centre is unviable despite the fact there's a community group prepared to take over and retain community use.

Attachments

• 973beb45-1148-cd9c-39e6-08d84042d292.pdf
    961.6 KB · Views: 32

Terry Gibson's perm

They are total hypocrites always telling sisu to stop playing lawyers and then as soon as they don’t get what they want get in the lawyers.

fernandopartridge

That is such a poor letter from Wasps' lawyers, no attempt at all to address concerns raised by Sport England. No actual evidence provided for the benefit of a rugby union team moving in (what are they?) it's a private facility so it is irrelevant.

pipkin73

watched today they were awsome
I know, what the fuck is going on. They lost key players and the kids kicked in (last i heard) but suddenly they are second and winning by bonus points. What the hell!! please someone tell me how to help kill these insect c··ts at bay.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know, what the fuck is going on. They lost key players and the kids kicked in (last i heard) but suddenly they are second and winning by bonus points. What the hell!! please someone tell me how to help kill these insect c··ts at bay.

Agent Dai was prematurely removed from his post-he needs to be smuggled back in

Kneeza

What's going on, they are hammering everyone left right and centre - absolutely flying!!......
They are up against extremely demotivated sides like Leicester (nothing to play for apart from treating it as a pre-season shakedown) and sides like Bristol who are putting out very much second/development teams.
On Saturday, they were a bonus point up in the first quarter against Bris, yet still managed to concede four tries when Bris eventually settled.
I wouldn't read too much into it, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't get past the first play-off stage.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ticket Refunds
Discussion started by Garym , 15 September, 2020 09:29
Ticket Refunds
Garym 15 September, 2020 09:29
Anybody know when Wasps are going to move on this? I have had refunds from Exeter and Worcester but nothing from Wasps since they acknowledged my choice on 31/7

Cashflow issues?

djbooth

Ticket Refunds
Discussion started by Garym , 15 September, 2020 09:29
Ticket Refunds
Garym 15 September, 2020 09:29
Anybody know when Wasps are going to move on this? I have had refunds from Exeter and Worcester but nothing from Wasps since they acknowledged my choice on 31/7

Cashflow issues?
I won’t say cash flow. I would like to know how you get a refund on a free ticket.... 🤣🤣🤣

Peter Billing

chiefdave

Interesting to see Exeter Chiefs chairman Tony Rowe is quoting monthly losses for Exeter of £1m since lockdown. Amazing to think that's almost the same as Wasps monthly losses before lockdown.
If you take that at face value and assume crowds aren't returning anytime soon that would put Wasps on course for losses of something approaching £15-20m before you even consider the additional impact of the exhibition side of things.

And its now less than 20 months until they have to repay or refinance the bond.

Even the most optimistic Wasps fan must have serious concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread