Wasps downward spiral... (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The other people are going back in for planning!

djbooth

Has anyone written to these guys. https://www.lgo.org.uk/

I
t would be better if it was from a business and and residents affected by the hotel and raises the point that other hotels have been denied permission from the council due to reason xxxx

Nick

Administrator
the council 'misapplied policy' in it's first refusal!
Sounds like dim Jim O'Boyle is going a little off message as well.

Interesting how the Wasps one is always accompanied by statements bugging it up from the council bums.

It is going to get tricky for them now if they approve Wasps.

Their fans already think everything is OK because of some pictures in the paper.

Nick

Administrator
What's that?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

“The NPPF (National Planning Policy Framework) is clear that a planning application should only be refused on impact grounds if a proposal is likely to have a significantly adverse impact on either town centre vitality or viability or investment in that centre.

“This is clearly not the case here and therefore there is no retail impact reason why the current proposal should not be allowed.”

The applicant said the scheme will make use of an “underused brownfield site”, provide “significant” employment, and generate £4.9m in ‘economic output’ for the area.

This bit?

clint van damme

Interesting how the Wasps one is always accompanied by statements bugging it up from the council bums.

It is going to get tricky for them now if they approve Wasps.

Their fans already think everything is OK because of some pictures in the paper.

that's my reading of it, they're either both goers or both get refused. I can't see how it can be one or the other.

Nick

Administrator
that's my reading of it, they're either both goers or both get refused. I can't see how it can be one or the other.

The telling bit is that this application says it will be ready in time for City of Culture as well.

Some quotes from Wasps fans

Wasps have an excellent relationship with the City Council so I cant see there being any delays.

This is good news for the city and the City Council as it will increase the number of visitors to the area and their spending.

The City Council will do whatever they can to ensure the success of the Ricoh.

As there's as big need to get the economy going and growing over the next few years lets hope it doesn't get bogged down in petty planning arguments and objections.
I have a feeling that the financials within Wasps are not as gloomy as some might think. The 2 nd hotel has been talked about for a few months. A very positive move.

clint van damme

The telling bit is that this application says it will be ready in time for City of Culture as well.

Some quotes from Wasps fans

got to be honest, I think it's a shit location, especially for more than one hotel but I thought Premier were making a mistake opening the one at the Butts and it's always pretty full so what do I know.

Nick

Administrator
got to be honest, I think it's a shit location, especially for more than one hotel but I thought Premier were making a mistake opening the one at the Butts and it's always pretty full so what do I know.

I don't exactly know where this one is, I think it is the blokes who own the scrap yard? Used to love going down there back in the day to find bits for my car, health and safety didn't exist.

There is also the Novotel just down the road, is that fully booked all year round?

clint van damme

I don't exactly know where this one is, I think it is the blokes who own the scrap yard? Used to love going down there back in the day to find bits for my car, health and safety didn't exist.

There is also the Novotel just down the road, is that fully booked all year round?

no idea how the Novotel does.
I'm on a booking app and when I log on for some reason it gives me details of the hotels nearest to me of which the Butts Premier is one.

Grendel

the first line is a quote from the company wanting to build the other hotel.
O'Boyle seems to be banging the drum for their hotel to be built, be interesting to see how this re-submission to get on.

It was the same council officer for both applications which looks a bit embarrassing- the council will I suspect use special powers to push the wasps application through without a formal sitting using the pandemic as the reason - they have form

Coronavirus: Coventry council accused of using pandemic to approve homes without consulting residents

Nick

Administrator
It was the same council officer for both applications which looks a bit embarrassing- the council will I suspect use special powers to push the wasps application through without a formal sitting using the pandemic as the reason - they have form

Coronavirus: Coventry council accused of using pandemic to approve homes without consulting residents

Didnt they use the same powers to stop the original application from going to a panel as well? Basically just an individual saying no.

Terry Gibson's perm

Using a brownfield site which gets rid of the eyesore scrap yard and adding parking rather than reducing and also ready quickly, I can’t see how they can reject it oh it goes against wasps so get the shredder ready.

fernandopartridge

Wasps haven't got an investor have they? They're not going to get one either and as for the ready for 2021

Grendel

Wasps haven't got an investor have they? They're not going to get one either and as for the ready for 2021

That’s what makes no sense. Getting permission is one thing building it another. Their lunatic fringe seem to believe that it’s a sign they have money as they are going to build it themselves!

clint van damme

Loved the bit “I put another £25k into the bonds.”

Yeah of course you did you bare faced pathological liar!

In what way are wasps bonds attractive to an investor, particularly at the moment? He's either a fantasist or a cretin.

jordan210

Loved the bit “I put another £25k into the bonds.”

Yeah of course you did you bare faced pathological liar!

Why would you invest in bonds that isn't relevant to the hotel.

I know we have some deluded fans but they have a lot more.

Has anyone seen the training ground application amount of objections

Around about 165 comments with less than 5 on wasps side (with most being from out of area people)

I don't think the public option of wasps is positive as some would think

My other half pointed out (from a FB message) that the application has gone live. It is apparently attracting the normal vitriol associated with anything "Wasps". She noted from the FB comment that supporters can also voice their support. Anyone able to get the link?

So have wasps been telling fans to support the application.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread