Wasps downward spiral... (6 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

They just want to bleed us dry, they’re deluded if they think they can set any conditions. They’ll be bust before long.

Reactions: AOM

fernandopartridge

Looking at the consultation responses there is a far bit of work that Wasps need to do in order for permission to be fully granted, that might be what is holding things up. The council environmental health team want a proper survey done on the extent to which the land is contaminated and the noise levels from the nearby industrial estate.

The chances of them getting this done and it approved and constructed by next year look very slim indeed.

Nick

Administrator
Looking at the consultation responses there is a far bit of work that Wasps need to do in order for permission to be fully granted, that might be what is holding things up. The council environmental health team want a proper survey done on the extent to which the land is contaminated and the noise levels from the nearby industrial estate.

The chances of them getting this done and it approved and constructed by next year look very slim indeed.

Could they not steal all the stuff the other application did? ha

Terry Gibson's perm

If we are promoted we’d need the space - the ground is a nightmare for large crowds

Considering it is a fairly new ground getting away is ridiculous I really think they thought people would get buses etc to it, I remember my parking spot was at Jaguar Whitley so I had to drive past the ground to get to it.

skyblueinBaku

Considering it is a fairly new ground getting away is ridiculous I really think they thought people would get buses etc to it, I remember my parking spot was at Jaguar Whitley so I had to drive past the ground to get to it.
They didn't expect people to use buses, they expected them to use the wonderful train system!

CCFC88

They probably thought most would drink in town and get the train out. Wouldn't that be bliss...

chiefdave

Is there any reason they've decided to build on the car park, when spaces are already limited, rather than the wasteland between Tesco and the Ricoh?

jordan210

The road network around the Ricoh was always crap. It did get slightly better but carpark A,B & C are all a nightmare to get out off.

When C used to be left-hand turn only so you had to go round the round about into traffic and foot traffic to get back towards city centre was ridiculous.

wingy

Think it's the council's .
Didn't they take land back from ACL in the refinance?
£1M value I think.

jordan210

They really are deluded

"CCFC are in a much worse financial position than Wasps at the moment, as wages will rise by 200% in the championship and so will the bill from Birmingham is my guess. The policing costs will also go up.

Can CCFC afford to invest in level 2 players? I think not, so likely to get battered and go down again."

in response to us wanting to play at Ricoh

"Of course they will so they need to give way on everything for ever. Plus pay us loads for the years of hassle."

Liquid Gold

They really are deluded

"CCFC are in a much worse financial position than Wasps at the moment, as wages will rise by 200% in the championship and so will the bill from Birmingham is my guess. The policing costs will also go up.

Can CCFC afford to invest in level 2 players? I think not, so likely to get battered and go down again."

"Of course they will so they need to give way on everything for ever. Plus pay us loads for the years of hassle."
Do they think all your wages just go up?

CCFC54321

They really are deluded

Shit this is news to me! I never knew we were fast approaching £50m of debts. This w#@ps financial expert needs to get onto the waspsagraph and let the Coventry public know ASAP!

How the fucking heck did we not know! :)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Anybody who doubts we don’t have the upper hand only has to look at this. Ricoh is trending purely because of us

Attachments

• 7FE21C96-E977-428D-9221-AF5AC757EDCB.png
    7FE21C96-E977-428D-9221-AF5AC757EDCB.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 54

Nick

Administrator
Wasps accounts now saying they want us back because our attendances will be higher and they need the money from it.

Leeches.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps accounts now saying they want us back because our attendances will be higher and they need the money from it.

Leeches.

Despite them having a totally stacked deck, unlimited council support, and money coming in from ourselves, they have been a complete failure. If Saracens hadn't imploded they may well have gone down this season. Now it's back to asking CCFC for more financial help because more people want to watch Championship football than shit rugby.

We need to negotiate hard for as favourable a deal as possible with a one way break clause.

ccfcchris

I don't want us to give them a single penny. I know it's cutting off the nose to spite the face but I really want them to die and feck off.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't want us to give them a single penny. I know it's cutting off the nose to spite the face but I really want them to die and feck off.

Yeah, but we can't last at St Andrews indefinitely especially if we want to be vaguely competitive in the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread