Wasps downward spiral... (15 Viewers)

oldfiver

company voluntary arrangement

A company voluntary arrangement (CVA) is a procedure that allows a company: To settle debts by paying only a proportion of the amount that it owes to creditors. To come to some other arrangement with its creditors over the payment of its debts.

Liquid Gold

Going bust, going bust London Wasps
Going bust, going bust I say
Going bust, going bust London Wasps
Give our stadium back today

Grendel

It’s ok Shugs says that they have to raise a CVA or they can’t talk to bond holders / new one on me

chiefdave

So what odds are on this being the demise of wasps?
I would imagine that as with our administration they've got everything lined up so they can control the process and get the outcome they desire. The bond holders are potentially the issue, can't see that they'll just accept a part payment when they have the security of the stadium, well lease, unless of course its not worth as much as Wasps claimed and doesn't actually cover what they are owed.

Kneeza

I read it and thought it perfectly fitted my perception of Wasps and rugby fans in general.....management consultants who probably attend "Twickers"
Oi. Wasps maybe. I've been to Twickenham three times (many many years ago, never again) and I'm an ex dirty stinky milling machine operator, so you can fuck right off with the rest of that.
Nicely, of course.

chiefdave

How would administration or CVA work with the bond? If they just turn round to bondholders and say, for example, we'll give you 50p in the £ why would they accept when they have security? Unless there's not enough security to cover the bonds you're not accepting less are you?

tisza

How would administration or CVA work with the bond? If they just turn round to bondholders and say, for example, we'll give you 50p in the £ why would they accept when they have security? Unless there's not enough security to cover the bonds you're not accepting less are you?
Also with a CVA wouldn't the management that have created this situation remain in place? Wouldn't appeal to me as an investor

Grendel

They don’t have actual security it’s not that straightforward

Grendel

They think they have,

There are I thought I read somewhere 3,000 bond holders exist - most I’d assume have £2,000 in it purchased through a broker. It’s difficult to get a collective response through a vast amount of people

fernandopartridge

The security though isn't the actual lease is it? just the proceeds from the sale of it

chiefdave

They don’t have actual security it’s not that straightforward
The way security was written about in the prospectus always seemed a bit off to me but I assumed it was just going over my head and as I wasn't about to hand them thousands of my own money not an issue.

How would it work in practice? Wasps say we're going to offer you 20p in the £, to pick a random figure, the bondholders say hold on we've got security. They then try and enforce that security and get the lease sold to recover their money, what happens then?

Users who are viewing this thread