Wasps downward spiral... (7 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

chiefdave

Does anyone know how insolvency actually works? At what point would they be classed as trading insolently because reading a definition I'm not sure how it doesn't apply, 'An insolvent company is defined as one which is unable to meet its financial obligations as and when they fall due'

We know they're losing money every year and that's being covered by the owner but they currently seem to have no way of paying a debt that is well past due.

Grendel

Does anyone know how insolvency actually works? At what point would they be classed as trading insolently because reading a definition I'm not sure how it doesn't apply, 'An insolvent company is defined as one which is unable to meet its financial obligations as and when they fall due'

We know they're losing money every year and that's being covered by the owner but they currently seem to have no way of paying a debt that is well past due.

The issue here really is what the proposal will be to the bond holders - as a guess a 12 month extension or foreclosure?

oldfiver

Fastcst who posted at 9 last night seems to have an idea of the likely scenarios

But you need to get at least 75% approval

Might flush out the large investors tho ? 🤔
The issue here really is what the proposal will be to the bond holders - as a guess a 12 month extension or foreclosure?

That sounds like the Trustees thinking

They need a Receiver to really manage the debt and asset

Grendel

The mood on that other wasps forum has changed. The likes of Neils are a lot less assured - Suggs remains the same of course and Steve from Cov says as they’ve bought a training ground the finances aren’t as bad as people say they are

Brighton Sky Blue

The mood on that other wasps forum has changed. The likes of Neils are a lot less assured - Suggs remains the same of course and Steve from Cov says as they’ve bought a training ground the finances aren’t as bad as people say they are

There are people like Shugs in the chess world. Usually the type to keep moving their king around against 5 queens hoping for a draw

Gynnsthetonic

But how are Wasps generating income now to pay for wages and the training ground, hardly any season tickets sold, chairman not putting money in and still losing £10m a year, that's without paying the bond, they have released a lot of players and don't seem to have bought any in but with no relegation they can just carry on and lose every game.

Philosorapter

But how are Wasps generating income now to pay for wages and the training ground, hardly any season tickets sold, chairman not putting money in and still losing £10m a year, that's without paying the bond, they have released a lot of players and don't seem to have bought any in but with no relegation they can just carry on and lose every game.

That is exactly the thing.

Any pot they can get for a future loan will dramatically shrink by around £10M a year, leaving another financial entity trying to reclaim their losses against similar stuff the bondholders have to claim against when it all goes tits up.

That, if there is not a miracle turnaround of biblical proportions.

jordan210

Remember when wasps fan thought HSBC would just give them the money.

Also every month that tickets by the BOE puts base rates up what will have an effect on the interstate from HSBC.

Kneeza

Shugs really is the Monty Python Black Knight isn't he?
"Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastards!! Come back here and take what's coming to you!"
A never ending source of amusement.

djr8369

It should have been obvious from the moment of default they were extremely unlikely to get all their money back.

Skyblueweeman

Love seeing this about them and their finances. I remember finance manager from the hospitality industry who lives in Kenilworth, telling me how great this bond scheme was when they did it and that some of his mates had signed up.

I told him at the time that it was shit.

Love how things are turning out.

Terry Gibson's perm

Always makes for a happy read that site, they seem like they are getting more desperate.

Peter Billing Eyes

Quote from Drunken Wasps “This thread is fast becoming like a Sky Blues Talk thread. Full of speculation and hot air with little fact. The difference here is that we don’t stop SBT posters airing their views here”. To which I replied, “Sky blues fans helping you out with attendance on here as well as at the stadium”. This was swiftly removed by their admin, which kind of makes the original post hypocritical.

Grendel

Quote from Drunken Wasps “This thread is fast becoming like a Sky Blues Talk thread. Full of speculation and hot air with little fact. The difference here is that we don’t stop SBT posters airing their views here”. To which I replied, “Sky blues fans helping you out with attendance on here as well as at the stadium”. This was swiftly removed by their admin, which kind of makes the original post hypocritical.

To be fair my posts never get removed from there

chiefdave

Shugs has got it into his head that anyone who doesn't bash Wasps on here is banned or has their ability to post throttled. As far as I'm aware the only person who got banned was Italia for his never ending advertising for which he refused to make a charity donation.

But on their site anyone who doesn't tow the Wasps PR line is swiftly dispatched.

Grendel

Shugs has got it into his head that anyone who doesn't bash Wasps on here is banned or has their ability to post throttled. As far as I'm aware the only person who got banned was Italia for his never ending advertising for which he refused to make a charity donation.

But on their site anyone who doesn't tow the Wasps PR line is swiftly dispatched.

Again it’s not entirely the case amazingly I seem pretty well tolerated at the minute

Users who are viewing this thread