Wasps downward spiral... (6 Viewers)

chiefdave

Ultimately host cities / areas get a very good return from hosting the games. I’m not suggesting that’s directly related to CBS but the games are certainly a good investment for host cities.
Care to enlighten us with how many millions of public money have been handed to Edgbaston, the NEC, Birmingham Arena, Cannock Chase, Victoria Park etc because as far as I can tell they haven't had a penny.

Maybe you can also tell us exactly why events couldn't be held at the CBS without millions of public money being handed over. As far as I can see events have been held regularly, including the Olympics, without issue.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
what businesses have been refused funding by WMCA ? … genuinely interested to know.
That's ironic considering you don't appear to be 'genuinely interested to know' the last 8 years history that led us here...

Anywho, minutes from a YMCA (sic) finance meeting here. Interesting to see what they consider when reviewing an application. Though I can't seem to find any minutes from meetings since March, so that doesn't bode well for transparency...

chiefdave

perhaps they do feel they are special or perhaps they are a business applying for funding in a frame work or mechanism that makes that possible.
I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who have their own business. Can you maybe tell them how they get over £5m of public money, with the potential for a further £13m for work on their premises.

Personally I'm not sure why the Commonwealth Games needs a Commonwealth Convention Centre, I thought it was a sporting event. Not really seeing the need for exhibition space. Its almost as if Wasps have just chucked the word Commonwealth in so people don't look too closely at the money they are getting and what its being spent on.

Nick

Administrator
Care to enlighten us with how many millions of public money have been handed to Edgbaston, the NEC, Birmingham Arena, Cannock Chase, Victoria Park etc because as far as I can tell they haven't had a penny.

Maybe you can also tell us exactly why events couldn't be held at the CBS without millions of public money being handed over. As far as I can see events have been held regularly, including the Olympics, without issue.

Yeah but he will just reply asking to see the bank statements of the NEC.

He has no interest other than to try and dilute things.

chiefdave

Have they asked for special treatment or to be treated as a special case ?
You would have to be blind to not see that Wasps get special treatment. We've had representatives of this board meet with the council and plead with them to assist the football club only to essentially be told to go away yet when Wasps are yet again asking for money they're falling over themselves to help.

Do some research and you’ll soon see how much a host city usually benefit from hosting the games.
I’m not sure I said other arenas had been directly given money, but as often happens you like to suit your own narrative with out of context replies.

Nick

Administrator
Do some research and you’ll soon see how much a host city usually benefit from hosting the games.

That doesn't answer the question.

Quick , try and move the goalposts.

Ironic really that you tell others to "do some research" when time and time again you know nothing about the situation.

How about you fuck off back to the Wasps forum with the other gimps with their fingers in their ears?

Ah yes, you only respect the views of people who agree with you. You not 'genuinely interested to know' about posters meetings with SISU/Wasps/CCC then?...

I respect anyones views and happy to engage with anyonE who wants to be constructive.

The thing about disagreeing works both ways … just because I don’t sing the same song as everyone many don’t like it.

The problem here is that many jump on the bandwagon of insults and a pack mentality to impress their mates and get likes, which bleeds over those who have something constructive to offer.

Nick

Administrator
The thing about disagreeing works both ways … just because I don’t sing the same song as everyone many don’t like it.

You aren't discussing things, you just have your fingers in your ears and try to move the goalposts when you get responses. You get asked if anybody else has public money from the WMCA and reply about money generated from hosting.

You have posted absolutely nothing constructive at all.

That doesn't answer the question.

Quick , try and move the goalposts.

Ironic really that you tell others to "do some research" when time and time again you know nothing about the situation.

How about you fuck off back to the Wasps forum with the other gimps with their fingers in their ears?

There you go …,. One of many articles.

I can’t make up my mind what is funnier …. Your posts or the fact that it winds you up so much that I post. 😂

Nick

Administrator

I can’t make up my mind what is funnier …. Your posts or the fact that it winds you up so much that I post. 😂

That doesn't answer the question you were asked, does it? The question wasn't "How much money does hosting the Commonwealth games bring in?".

Your fellow Wasps fans might be thick enough to fall for it though.

duffer

No worries, a few minutes with a belt sander should get that right off for them.

Failing that, there's always the angle grinder... 😁

Hmm. The report you're quoting about how much money the Commonwealth games brings in, is paid for by the people who run the commonwealth games!

Forgive my cynicism, but we've seen all this before with the Olympics. They're so profitable and beneficial to a city that these days they're struggling to find places to host them...

chiefdave

I’m not sure I said other arenas had been directly given money, but as often happens you like to suit your own narrative with out of context replies.
We're hardly hosting the Commonwealth Games, we're hosting a few events that are such money spinners for the local area the originally selected venues pulled out. The judo and wrestling were originally scheduled for the NEC and the Rugby 7s at Villa Park.

It takes seconds of looking at the link you posted to see its clearly nonsense. Or do you truly believe that the Commonwealth Games were solely responsible for a 23.5% drop in unemployment in Manchester and an 18% reduction in crime in Glasgow?

The question was solely about how much money has been given to other venues. Even if we assume that report you posted is correct that applies to all venues so surely all venues should get the same funding, why is it just Wasps that need to be handed millions?

Last edited:

oldfiver

Hosting? There is about a week's judo and wrestling plus some 7 aside on an unused pitch

Don't the Game's organisers also pay to use the facilities?

ccfcchris

The problem here is that many jump on the bandwagon of insults and a pack mentality to impress their mates and get likes, which bleeds over those who have something constructive to offer.
You really are deluded. No one is posting for likes. We're posting because a substantial percentage of people here hate Wasps and can't wait until the day they go bust.

It may not be for while yet but it will happen. And a lot of people will raise a glass and celebrate that.

Grendel

You really are deluded. No one is posting for likes. We're posting because a substantial percentage of people here hate Wasps and can't wait until the day they go bust.

It may not be for while yet but it will happen. And a lot of people will raise a glass and celebrate that.

in truth it would be better if they carried on bleeding money and we remained on the sub lease for as long as we can

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

in truth it would be better if they carried on bleeding money and we remained on the sub lease for as long as we can
Would it though? I know the council are tossers, but If wasps were to go tits up, I can’t imagine there’s a queue of sports teams willing to by a loss making stadium in the arse end of Coventry?

Wouldn’t they be more reasonable to the club?

Grendel

Would it though? I know the council are tossers, but If wasps were to go tits up, I can’t imagine there’s a queue of sports teams willing to by a loss making stadium in the arse end of Coventry?

Wouldn’t they be more reasonable to the club?

both clubs would remain anyway

oldfiver

Bond Trustee on ADVFN he is acting on own discretion to not call in the loans from WASPs

Would take 25% of Bonds to change that

shepardo01

Bond Trustee on ADVFN he is acting on own discretion to not call in the loans from WASPs

Would take 25% of Bonds to change that
OF, in layman's terms, what does this mean!?
Edit...
OK... if I understand correctly, if holders worth 25% of the full amount owed decide, they can call for immediate payment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread