Wasps current finances & hope (9 Viewers)

italiahorse

Make up your mind, it's getting boring tying you in knots.

You just chuck things in with no backup.
Your saying richest club in the world above yet no one actually said that.
IIRC they said it would be in terms of revenue which is slightly different as it depends on outgoings to whether you become rich.
I'm consistent in my info, you don't like it, so you then introduce something I never actually said and then say your tying me in knots.
As I said, YAWN !!

Nick

Administrator
IIRC they said it would be in terms of revenue which is slightly different as it depends on outgoings to whether you become rich.
I'm consistent in my info, you don't like it, so you then introduce something I never actually said and then say your tying me in knots.
As I said, YAWN !!

Where did I say you had said it? I was quoting Wasps and what they put out.

I didn't say richest club in the world, I said in Europe which is how they pushed it when the bonds came out.

Didn't they also say they would be in a very strong position financially? How's that looking?

Captain Dart

Didn't they purchase extra land at the Higgs from Severn Trent? Would that not make the 'it's too small' argument redundant?
I think that was for a housing scheme. No idea of its status.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
As I said, YAWN !!
Wasps to become richest rugby club in the world, says chief

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Not possible.
Wasps chief on £7m training centre plans and impact on CCFC

and ten months later -

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young has advised he is expecting to clear his desk at Broadstreet and move to pastures new before the end of 2017.
“The plan for us is to be in the new training facilities by next Christmas,” he advises.
“As I understand it, work is looking to start shortly and we’re hoping to be in there by the end of this year.
“The club will confirm it shortly, but as I understand it just one or two i’s that need to be dotted and t’s crossed.
“The plan is to build it and have it finished and right for us to move into around Christmas time, but certainly before the end of the year.”

Don't recall you challenging this with 'too small' or 'not possible' at the time Italia? If you did challenge anything Wasps said, just once, you might get an ounce of respect on here.

Liquid Gold

and ten months later -

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young has advised he is expecting to clear his desk at Broadstreet and move to pastures new before the end of 2017.
“The plan for us is to be in the new training facilities by next Christmas,” he advises.
“As I understand it, work is looking to start shortly and we’re hoping to be in there by the end of this year.
“The club will confirm it shortly, but as I understand it just one or two i’s that need to be dotted and t’s crossed.
“The plan is to build it and have it finished and right for us to move into around Christmas time, but certainly before the end of the year.”

Don't recall you challenging this with 'too small' or 'not possible' at the time Italia? If you did challenge anything Wasps said, just once, you might get an ounce of respect on here.
giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

and ten months later -

Didn't they even put rugby posts up at the Higgs for a short period?

rob9872

If Wasps are struggling, why don't Hoffman and his crew buy them instead. Could then either lease the use of the ground to CCFC for £1 per year or better still sell it to the supporters trust for £1 on the promise that it would be sold back for £1 when new owners were found. In the meantime they could move London Wasps back to London :)

fernandopartridge

If Wasps are struggling, why don't Hoffman and his crew buy them instead. Could then either lease the use of the ground to CCFC for £1 per year or better still sell it to the supporters trust for £1 on the promise that it would be sold back for £1 when new owners were found. In the meantime they could move London Wasps back to London :)

I like it, thinking outside of the box.

italiahorse

Where did I say you had said it? I was quoting Wasps and what they put out.

I didn't say richest club in the world, I said in Europe which is how they pushed it when the bonds came out.

Didn't they also say they would be in a very strong position financially? How's that looking?

Never said it was me saying it. Their you go again.
Correction then. Richest club in Europe was never said then. Highest revenue was what was said which is slightly different.
Certainly stronger position than they were a few years ago.
Improving accounts but you only pick up on a single negative that will be forgot.
Particularly as it shows the owner will chuck money in where it's needed.
However bonds recovering which is always a good guide on these things.

Nick

Administrator
Correction then. Richest club in Europe was never said then. Highest revenue was what was said which is slightly different.
Improving accounts but you only pick up on a single negative that will be forgot.
That's how it was pushed...

Are they at the target they set or not?

Ccfcs says sisu will support if needed, it's hardly a glowing reference is it?

italiahorse

and ten months later -

You are falling into Nicks trap.
The 'Not Possible' was in reference to being the richest club in Europe within months.
We are at cross purposes here.

I don't expect any respect on here as I'm putting my reasons why things are happening.
Otherwise you just have a board of backslappers when someone slags off Wasps.
I'm more concerned that people on here think getting rid of Wasps is the answer when IMHO it's exactly the opposite.
I would prefer the club to come to a long term deal, buy into the stadium when they can, increase their revenues and start to feel that we are part of the stadium setup, not just being there until we fold or we move to a 12,000 seater stadium somewhere outside Coventry which is the way I feel at the moment.

Grendel

italiahorse

That's how it was pushed...

Are they at the target they set or not?

Ccfcs says sisu will support if needed, it's hardly a glowing reference is it?

You will need to compare the revenues generated against Toulouse to work that out.
It was said at the time we were second but I have no idea or the incentive to find out.

italiahorse

Nick was wrong they did say the world

You are a gift truly

Wasps to become richest rugby club in the world, says chief

Loosing the will to live here.
I said world earlier and Nick said Europe.
Perhaps I need to check I was right in the first place before I get picked up.
Go back to his post and correct him.
You both are a gift to each other.

Even you know that when have the highest revenue generated that does not mean you are the richest.
Particular if your costs are higher than that revenue.
Read the article before salivating over the headline.

duffer

The response of someone who has clearly lost the argument but isn't man enough to admit it. The spin that you do here on Wasps behalf is staggering and your concept that CCFC need Wasps is frankly risible.

I'm sorry mate, but whatever credibility you might have had when it comes to this (and there wasn't much to start with I'm afraid) has completely gone. In fairness I still enjoy your posts for the comedy value and I genuinely respect the fact that being called out on the obvious bias of them doesn't seem to get under your skin too often.

Fair play - if you weren't already well on the way to being a PR professional I'd say that you might want to give it a go as a career. :)

Moff

Just a point on the bit in bold, didn't the owner take ten million out as opposed to putting money in when the bonds were issued. That doesn't appear to be someone chucking money in, rather taking his money back out.
It appears his pockets aren't that deep after all.

italiahorse

Just a point on the bit in bold, didn't the owner take ten million out as opposed to putting money in when the bonds were issued. That doesn't appear to be someone chucking money in, rather taking his money back out.
If someone puts in £10M and then takes it back, how does that mean his pockets are not deep ?
He's now got £10M in them and seems ready to put it back as required. ;)

italiahorse

The response of someone who has clearly lost the argument but isn't man enough to admit it. The spin that you do here on Wasps behalf is staggering and your concept that CCFC need Wasps is frankly risible.

I'm sorry mate, but whatever credibility you might have had when it comes to this (and there wasn't much to start with I'm afraid) has completely gone. In fairness I still enjoy your posts for the comedy value and I genuinely respect the fact that being called out on the obvious bias of them doesn't seem to get under your skin too often.

Fair play - if you weren't already well on the way to being a PR professional I'd say that you might want to give it a go as a career. :)
The yawn is because it’s the same old stuff.
He just drones on 24 hours a day.
People keep saying CCFC don’t need Wasps but never seem to be able to tell me what the plan is.
Your obviously another one.
If they go we return to where we were before with Sisu vs CCC.
Nope I’m sticking with my opinion that Wasps and CCFC need to co-exist.

Moff

If someone puts in £10M and then takes it back, how does that mean his pockets are not deep ?
He's now got £10M in them and seems ready to put it back as required. ;)

His pockets aren't that deep as he is now looking for a return on his investment. I know its not the whole amount but that is part of his return.
There is no evidence that he is willing to reinvest it back in the club. If there is I would be happy for you to post it, and be shown otherwise.
If he had wished to reinvest, why did he bother to take the 10 million back in the first place, and not allow that revenue to be retained within the club?

italiahorse

His pockets aren't that deep as he is now looking for a return on his investment. I know its not the whole amount but that is part of his return.
There is no evidence that he is willing to reinvest it back in the club. If there is I would be happy for you to post it, and be shown otherwise.
If he had wished to reinvest, why did he bother to take the 10 million back in the first place, and not allow that revenue to be retained within the club?
Evidence ?
Did you miss the £1.1M he just slipped in under the radar ? :)

fernandopartridge

Up to all the sort of stuff the council said SISU would do. Honestly, the Wasps wankers are the biggest bunch of brass necked hypocrites I've ever known. The sooner they either go bust or fuck off back to wherever their nomadic way takes them the better.

covmark

Up to all the sort of stuff the council said SISU would do. Honestly, the Wasps wankers are the biggest bunch of brass necked hypocrites I've ever known. The sooner they either go bust or fuck off back to wherever their nomadic way takes them the better.
Hear hear.
Hopefully they'll take the cretin Italia with them while they're at it. Although there'll probably be no money to be made for him wherever they'd end up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Hear hear.
Hopefully they'll take the cretin Italia with them while they're at it. Although there'll probably be no money to be made for him wherever they'd end up.

Can't believe people are not questioning Sisu on this.
What's the plan you are hoping for. Wasps to go and .............. ?
Wasps are going nowhere. You will need to sit back and watch them get even more established.
If I was you, and Sisu I'd get on board.

covmark

Can't believe people are not questioning Sisu on this.
What's the plan you are hoping for. Wasps to go and .............. ?
Wasps are going nowhere. You will need to sit back and watch them get even more established.
If I was you, and Sisu I'd get on board.
You constantly bang on with the same old crap that CCFC will not survive without the stadium thieves. How did we survive the 130 odd years before they were here?
I can't see it happening, but I sincerely hope that they go pop and they take all the happy clappers with them.

You are a one man PR machine that since your pockets have been swelled with stadium thieving money you can do nothing but peddle their crap.
You did the same with Sisu too. I'd suggest you're very easily bought and you should have a little more self respect.

italiahorse

You constantly bang on with the same old crap that CCFC will not survive without the stadium thieves. How did we survive the 130 odd years before they were here?
I can't see it happening, but I sincerely hope that they go pop and they take all the happy clappers with them.

You are a one man PR machine that since your pockets have been swelled with stadium thieving money you can do nothing but peddle their crap.
You did the same with Sisu too. I'd suggest you're very easily bought and you should have a little more self respect.

So what's the plan ?
I'm not saying I'm happy with the situation I'm saying IMHO it's the only way CCFC can progress.
We built a stadium we couldn't afford, we gave up half of the incomes that we required and then Sisu came along and upset everybody that could help.
Are situation hasn't changed to improve that position and our league position makes our ability to make the Ricoh work almost impossible.
Wasps are just about making it work but it's a risk.
That's why I'm saying they need CCFC to minimise the risk and CCFC should use that in any long term deal to their advantage.

italiahorse

What 1.1 million? I don't follow Richardson's every move so what and when was this?
(I did ask for evidence to the contrary)
He slipped it in as an income so as to make sure one of the bond conditions was met.
It's what all the accounts fuss is about, hence under the radar comment.

duffer

The yawn is because it’s the same old stuff.
He just drones on 24 hours a day.
People keep saying CCFC don’t need Wasps but never seem to be able to tell me what the plan is.
Your obviously another one.
If they go we return to where we were before with Sisu vs CCC.
Nope I’m sticking with my opinion that Wasps and CCFC need to co-exist.

That would be fine if I could see that your opinion was based on some kind of facts rather than self-interest.

The plan would be that we'd be a football club, kind of like we are now, but probably not paying our rent to Wasps. Ideally that might give us a way back into owning the Ricoh or at least getting a part share of it. Without Wasps we end up with a stadium that apparently can't make enough money for the Council to hold on to it, and a club that needs a ground to play in. Maybe in time they'd be able to come to some sort of mutual arrangement that would suit both parties - a bit like the plan before they sold in secret to a franchise rugby club. In the meantime perhaps we could just rent on a short-term deal.

We get nothing out of Wasps being here other than having their logos all over the stadium, getting 30 or so big lads shredding the pitch every couple of weeks, and watching them seemingly get preferential treatment from the council.

I can see why Wasps might need CCFC, we bring them and some of their other tenants some much needed income via the footfall that we draw, and more exposure to the their stadium sponsors. But I couldn't give a toss about doing them favours - I'm a CCFC fan.

duffer

Evidence ?
Did you miss the £1.1M he just slipped in under the radar ? :)

The evidence is the 10 million he took out.

Putting the 1.1 million in (and attempting to describe it as income rather than a loan) is better described as an act of desparation to stop the whole house of cards around the bond issue falling down. If he had sufficient funds and the willingness to invest a load more then:

a) Why take the £10m in the first place? And...
b) Why tie Wasps into an expensive bond offering when he could just front the money or at least leave what was already there in place?

Try harder, spinmeister... ;)

italiahorse

That would be fine if I could see that your opinion was based on some kind of facts rather than self-interest.

The plan would be that we'd be a football club, kind of like we are now, but probably not paying our rent to Wasps. Ideally that might give us a way back into owning the Ricoh or at least getting a part share of it. Without Wasps we end up with a stadium that apparently can't make enough money for the Council to hold on to it, and a club that needs a ground to play in. Maybe in time they'd be able to come to some sort of mutual arrangement that would suit both parties - a bit like the plan before they sold in secret to a franchise rugby club. In the meantime perhaps we could just rent on a short-term deal.

We get nothing out of Wasps being here other than having their logos all over the stadium, getting 30 or so big lads shredding the pitch every couple of weeks, and watching them seemingly get preferential treatment from the council.

I can see why Wasps might need CCFC, we bring them and some of their other tenants some much needed income via the footfall that we draw, and more exposure to the their stadium sponsors. But I couldn't give a toss about doing them favours - I'm a CCFC fan.

Would Sisu take on the stadium if Wasps left though ?
They are saying that Wasps didn't pay enough and should pay a lot more. £30M more I think so a total of £48M
Are you saying that if Wasps go that Sisu should pay similar or are you saying they should try and get it for less which is what they have taken everybody to court about?
It does not stack up how it would work.

italiahorse

The evidence is the 10 million he took out.

Putting the 1.1 million in (and attempting to describe it as income rather than a loan) is better described as an act of desparation to stop the whole house of cards around the bond issue falling down. If he had sufficient funds and the willingness to invest a load more then:

a) Why take the £10m in the first place? And...
b) Why tie Wasps into an expensive bond offering when he could just front the money or at least leave what was already there in place?

Try harder, spinmeister... ;)

He took £10M of the £35 million.
The other £25M was used to payoff the loan and improve the facilities at the Ricoh, an amount which he doesn't have.
Facts as always, not spin ;)

Users who are viewing this thread