Wasps breach agreement with bondholders (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

It reads to me that further independent appraisals aren't the same as the original one?

Why set a deadline for one they had done already?

Can anybody clear that bit up?

Simon is wrong - the extract is from the prospectus
the first such valuation date to be no later than 30 June 2016.

oldfiver

Failing to meet the covenants could be serious Nick.

The bondholders make their own individual minds up as to value of the bonds they hold and sell or retain accordingly

I expected a valuation 30-06-2016 it seems that from my last post it might not be the case

Nope:
the first such valuation date to be no later than 30 June 2016.

oldfiver

If I read it right.
If Wasps fail then CCFC couldn't run it either.
In that respect CCFC future would be tied in with Wasps surviving.
Even more important that we bite the bullet and try and get a decent long term deal with Wasps.

Sure you mean WASPS need to do a long term deal with CCFC?
Who hold the biggest financial risks - Bond holders or SISU?

Nick

Administrator
Simon's reply about it:

Not 100% what it means.

Reads to me he thinks nobody has seen it so dont need to bother.

Captain Dart

Sure you mean WASPS need to do a long term deal with CCFC?
Who hold the biggest financial risks - Bond holders or SISU?
Still got two turkeys.

stupot07

If I read it right.
If Wasps fail then CCFC couldn't run it either.

How do you work that out? The reason wasps are struggling is because they borrowed beyond their means and waht they needed. Pretty sure that wasps are paying more in interest than the former ACL were paying for interest and repayment on their loan. In sure they wouldn't be struggling to the extent they seem to be now had they had not done the bonds and just carried on with the existing loan. But Richardson wouldnt be £10m better off had he done that.

In that respect CCFC future would be tied in with Wasps surviving.
Even more important that we bite the bullet and try and get a decent long term deal with Wasps.

I don't think so. If it was tied in to wasps survival, they should drop the 'legal noise' pretence and get around the table.

If anything I would say this is a good reason for ccfc not to be tied in long term, keep the uncertainty going and not give wasps security. I doubt they will give us ang better deal long term as they would short term.

Worroed about your bonds are you? ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldfiver

If anything I would say this is a good reason for ccfc not to be tied in long term, keep the uncertainty going and not give wasps security. I doubt they will give us ang better deal long term as they would short term.

Worroed about your bonds are you? ;)

Well 45200 were traded today by someone;)[/QUOTE]

Terry Gibson's perm

Simon's reply about it:

Not 100% what it means.

Reads to me he thinks nobody has seen it so dont need to bother.

No need to worry social media will get the good news out there.

Simons response was not going to upset one of our biggest advertisers.

Captain Dart

Ah, 48 and a half grands worth.
Someone has made £6000 (including 1 years interest) if they were bought at issue price.
So when they fall to 95p will the value of the assets only have to be 1.4x£35Mx0.95 ~= £46.5M

oldfiver

Someone has made £6000 (including 1 years interest) if they were bought at issue price.
So when they fall to 95p will the value of the assets only have to be 1.4x£35Mx0.95 ~= £46.5M

The price will only fall if they holders feel at risk with the asset and not being repaid at 100.00. But unless WASPS planning to sell the Arena for £34m+ they must be relying on a re-issue backed by good results ( and the ability to pay )
The other factor is interest rates - if they bought at 100 the yield is 6.5%. At 95 they would get 100/95 x 6.5 = 6.8%. But the person who bought today @107 will yield 6.0%
So the seller either needed to get out , decided to cut and run or found a better investment

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe each free Wasps ticket has a cash value of 0.001p and he's managed to get a few of the ones lying around together to trade in.....

That's about the value of any of their tickets you would have to pay me to watch all that hugging they do

NorthernWisdom

Of course why the stadium company could succeed in CCFC hands but not Wasps could also be due to the fact that ACL was overpriced when sold, so picking it up at a more realistic price would give more disposable cash to play with.

Maybe Fisher was right that ACL was overpriced...

Plus Wasps as a club are gambling on quick growth whereas a strategy of slow, incremental growth could well be the way forward,

Captain Dart

Of course why the stadium company could succeed in CCFC hands but not Wasps could also be due to the fact that ACL was overpriced when sold, so picking it up at a more realistic price would give more disposable cash to play with.

Maybe Fisher was right that ACL was overpriced...

Plus Wasps as a club are gambling on quick growth whereas a strategy of slow, incremental growth could well be the way forward,

There is always a first time for anything.

NorthernWisdom

There is always a first time for anything.

He often has some very valid points, it's just... unfortunate they're shrouded amidst the bullshit.

I dunno, I may be against the grain but, if he was working for more... affable owners, I'd be reasonably comfortable with him as chairman.

(And yes, I do appreciate these are the same ifs that say if Richardson hadn't buddied up with Robinson, all may have been well!)

oldfiver

I have checked this out - the 107 price will include the accrued interest so it is not the Bond price plus £6000

Captain Dart

I have checked this out - the 107 price will include the accrued interest so it is not the Bond price plus £6000
So they are accumulating units and should bump up every time Wasps pays out?

oldfiver

So they are accumulating units and should bump up every time Wasps pays out?

This is not my territory but:
The price reflects the value of the bond and the current and future income from it
So the bond price does include the current accrued interim coupon. By definition as each period passes the value should get nearer to 100 - because the future income is getting less
The price also reflects the confidence in the bond holder they will get a full pay out on redemption

We need Italia's broker to clarify more

oldfiver

Time/Date Price Volume Trade Value Type
09:17:39 10-Nov-2016 104.00 9,500 9,880.00 Ordinary trade
09:17:25 10-Nov-2016 105.50 25,000 26,375.00 Automatic Trade
09:17:25 10-Nov-2016 105.65 25,000 26,412.50 Automatic Trade
09:12:54 10-Nov-2016 106.50 25,000 26,625.00 Automatic Trade
08:31:03 10-Nov-2016 107.00 1,800 1,926.00 Ordinary trade

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Few facts from the accounts of Wasps Holdings & ACL

Debt levels of combined Wasps and ACL (ignoring cash deposits)
2014 £36,377,068
2015 £37,290,846
2016 £43,641,600
increase in combined debt since 2014 £7,264,532.

Interest paid by combined Wasps & ACL
2014 £967,487 (pre Wasps purchase)
2015 £1,514,107
2016 £2,276,735
Increase in combined annual interest burden compared to 2014 £1,309,248

Capital expenditure combined Wasps & ACL
2014 £ 214,636 (pre purchase of Ricoh)
2015 £ 2,127,676 (including purchase of 250 year lease £1,048,000)
2016 £ 5,821,451
Combined spending on fixed assets at the Ricoh £7,949,127 for 2015 & 2016

Bond price down to £104 today and the next interest is due for payment tomorrow

fernandopartridge

Fisher may be proved right in the end. I don't think that ACL in itself is a failure as a company.

Its biggest problem since 2005 has been the Yorkshire Bank debt forced on it by the Council which despite refinancing has never gone away. Wasps have just refinanced it again through the bond issue.

Users who are viewing this thread