Wasps Again (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
When has that happened? Or are you just making excuses as to why we shouldn’t even try?

Erm, pretty sure you were trying to discredit for starters by saying I got free season tickets and your dad was telling you I had links to SISU so he won't come on here?

Look at how desperate your dads mates are to discredit views on here. Why?

It's almost as if part of your brain ignores a lot of things that have actually happened and just processes them as excuses or conspiracies.

Grendel

Again. I have no fucking clue who Tim Kalns is.

Oh God I forgot you can’t understand nuance. By you I didn’t literally mean you I meant the collective of SBT posters who whine about the Trust at every opportunity but refuse to do anything to change or nullify them.

You are becoming tiresome and making an idiot of yourself - take time out

Nick

Administrator
Again. I have no fucking clue who Tim Kalns is.

Oh God I forgot you can’t understand nuance. By you I didn’t literally mean you I meant the collective of SBT posters who whine about the Trust at every opportunity but refuse to do anything to change or nullify them.

Nope, you clearly tried to make out it was me. More bullshit from you.

I have told you who Tim Kalns is, strangely you keep ignoring this? It is a prime example.

Grendel

I have told you who Tim Kalns is, strangely you keep ignoring this? It is a prime example.

Bet he’s never heard of Roger Ellis either

shmmeee

Erm, they were relevant then because they were working with ACL and Haskell.

They have no interest in listening to the members they claim to represent.

What have you done to get a different view in the media?

shmmeee

No I didn’t mate. I used you as a generic for everyone shouting at me en masse in this thread and others when I don’t just blow smoke up your arses. I clearly said it was Grendel earlier and got jumped on for mentioning his name when I’ve got him blocked.

Well if you know all I know about Kalns is what you’ve told me what do you want me to say? Go read your own post.

covcity4life

you mention grendel when hes on block
he quotes you all time when he is blocked by you

maybe unblock? give it another go!

shmmeee

Erm, pretty sure you were trying to discredit for starters by saying I got free season tickets and your dad was telling you I had links to SISU so he won't come on here?

Look at how desperate your dads mates are to discredit views on here. Why?

It's almost as if part of your brain ignores a lot of things that have actually happened and just processes them as excuses or conspiracies.

You having a senior moment?

You’re replying to a comment of mine which was in reply to someone saying that if SBT tried to put a group together X would happen. I was pointing out that SBT hadn’t tried to put a group together so it was just more excuses as to why not to try.

What the ever loving fuck is the relevance of your comment to that?

And I’ve never said my Dad said you had links to Sisu. He doesn’t come on here cos he thinks it’s biased towards Sisu. I also apologise if I’d misremembered about the free tickets as soon as you corrected me. I swear half your problems could be solved with a decent course on reading.

More made up bullshit from you. Every accusation is an admission with you.

Last edited:

shmmeee

you mention grendel when hes on block
he quotes you all time when he is blocked by you

maybe unblock? give it another go!

I mentioned Grendel because he was the one who looked like actually getting off his arse and trying to do something instead of just whining on here that others won’t do it for him (fair play), but then he bottled it (boo).

I have no wish to feed the trolls. If he wants to talk to me one of his fan boys will relay the message, clearly I don’t see any value in talking to him, hence the mute.

Grendel

I mentioned Grendel because he was the one who looked like actually getting off his arse and trying to do something instead of just whining on here that others won’t do it for him (fair play), but then he bottled it (boo).

I have no wish to feed the trolls. If he wants to talk to me one of his fan boys will relay the message, clearly I don’t see any value in talking to him, hence the mute.

You do realise you are the epitome of a troll you lunatic?

usskyblue

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Love how the telegraph refer to the indemnity clause as “a so called indemnity clause”

That aside it’s a pretty good article.

Seems the state of play is Linnells a knob, no one is talking on the record.

Just missing the key bit really which is about Wasps wanting the legals dropped. Reading between the lines of the CCFC statement saying “they wanted to restrict our legal rights” I’m wondering if the state aid isn’t the issue but instead an agreement to not appeal or start any new proceedings. Which would make more sense all round.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just missing the key bit really which is about Wasps wanting the legals dropped. Reading between the lines of the CCFC statement saying “they wanted to restrict our legal rights” I’m wondering if the state aid isn’t the issue but instead an agreement to not appeal or start any new proceedings. Which would make more sense all round.
I gather they’re happy not to pursue wasps - it’ll be the council they go after if the EC finds something wrong. Something they’re not willing to give up

Sky Blue Pete

Hasn’t an agreement been signed hence the talks starting

shmmeee

I gather they’re happy not to pursue wasps - it’ll be the council they go after if the EC finds something wrong. Something they’re not willing to give up

I suspect that’s where you’re right. And also where I diverge from the SBT view. I don’t think this is worth the damage to the club personally. CCC will certainly appeal should any of the legal stuff go against them and Sisu will if it doesn’t. As I said years ago I expected this to happen when the JR was thrown out and then my next guess is a civil suit if that’s possible (IANAL). THis isn’t wild speculation, it’s Sisus stated strategy.

Some think it’s OK to have the club outside Cov for a decade or more while it plays out. I don’t. Hence why I want a new ground ASAP.

RegTheDonk

The trust and shmmee need to realise that getting to the Albany isn’t practical for everybody for multiple reasons. Rather than singling those fans out, they should be looking to integrate them. I won’t hold my breath though.
Many organisations are using agile working. Meetings via Skype, document sharing via Sharepoint, collaborative whiteboards etc.

If the Trust want to really connect with their members there are plenty of options out there, many cheap or free. They don't seem to have an issue with technology. They are quite apt at using social media.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That’s what I thought but then what’s that line in the clubs statement about?
See that’s where I think SISu have been sneaky - they’ve agreed to stop legals against wasps.

wasps got wind and for some reason want to stop proceedings full stop. I don’t get why wasps need to defend the council

Grendel

That’s what I thought but then what’s that line in the clubs statement about?

Your twitter feed is hilarious “mate”

MalcSB

Due to this thread, I thought i'd check the Trust website and find out when they are next due to meet up... Shock horror, there's nothing on there.

No doubt the next meeting will be announced two days before it actually takes place, adding further complications to those who would/could attend if given notice to arrange their other life around.
No minutes since March 19 for their board, no AGM minutes since 2018. They are inactive to all sense and purpose except for media soundbites.

MalcSB

Oh dear. You know I’m going to have to start charging for reading comprehension lessons at some point, but here’s another free one:

I asked why people don’t get involved, Grendel, through you, said it was because meetings were held in a pub in Coventry on a Monday.

That implies there are three barriers to access: it being in a pub, it being in Coventry, it being on a Monday. I asked you how many people you think one of these barriers applies to. You shat yourself and wiped it all over the keyboard.

Happy to help.
What meetings. No evidence of meetings on their website.

shmmeee

See that’s where I think SISu have been sneaky - they’ve agreed to stop legals against wasps.

wasps got wind and for some reason want to stop proceedings full stop. I don’t get why wasps need to defend the council

I don’t know. OSB was saying something about something financial I didn’t understand. But surely it’d mean they either have to give back the Ricoh or pay money they can’t afford? You could equally ask if it doesn’t impact Wasps then what’s the problem with the indemnity clause?

This is why I don’t think it was smart to make this play. Once we broke the lease all the power was in the hands of people who aren’t CCFC. That’s always a risk. We should’ve kept the lease and said we will build our own ground (or possibly waited a year or two of what Nick says about Wasps already being planned is true as a joint tenancy was more viable). We couldn’t have been kicked out and we’d have had a united and active fan base to pressure the council for land with.

Literally my only problem with this. We were in control of our own destiny and we’ve handed that to a bunch of politicians with other concerns and yet another faceless hedge fund, this time involved in egg chasing.

The rent was high. Neither party could find a deal that suited them both. That was the point to make noises about HR2, not when we’d clearly fucked up and it just looked like an attempt to distract from said fuck up.

Strategically Sisu have shit the bed here.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No that’s bollocks. The only people who get to vote are the ones who go to the pub. Also questions for the meeting are approved by the secretary
I don’t go to many meetings now but when I do I ask questions and have never told them in advance what the questions would be. So how could they be approved or not?

shmmeee

Which one specifically?

“Following agreement on commercials, Wasps demanded a further agreement to be signed both by the Football Club and SISU.

“This agreement introduced conditions that would unreasonably restrict the Club and SISU’s basic legal rights and would commit the Club and SISU to underwrite Wasps’ costs and any future damages.

Users who are viewing this thread