Was keoghs foul a blatant push for the penalty? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

yeh it was a pen imo too,fans got on refs back but keough went through him like a freight train,it was a sloppy mistake from otherwise consistent player

also wtf was cranie doing in lead up to foul? we only lost the pen cos cranie ran AWAY from the ball whilst it was in the air...fucking so many individual mistakes this season

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Without a doubt it was a stone wall penalty, and how Thorn can say otherwise, even after reviewing a replay, is beyond me! Yet more evidence he doesnt seem to know what he is on about!

TBH, I thought that was Keogh's worst performance in a City shirt (although there were many players who were equally as bad, if not worse).

I certainly didnt understand why the crows suddenly turned on their number 11 (was it?? I think he wore 11)

JazzCat

I was in the Telegraph stand right behind the run and you could see the pushing from both players but as soon as he got in the box and changed slight direction Keogh should have stopped but instead went through him.

Sloppy but blatant pen for me :(

zimmerman

yeh i thought it was a pen; keough had a chance to win the ball just before hand but hesitated shame because he's a cracking season so far.I also thought there was similar shout at other end when nimley was blocked

coop

Didn't think it was a pen but was miles away from it so will accept wot others are saying but what about nimleys blatant pen

JazzCat

I thought they just ran into each other. I didn't think it was a pen, If it was it would have been harsh.

Johnnythespider

Looked like a blatant dive from my viewpoint at the front of 18, will have to check replays to confirm either way

Waycov

Can't agree it was a pen at all, sorry. I thought it was a blatant dive from Martin. He'd lost control of the ball and fell over. He was waiting for a touch and Keogh kindly obliged. I think he was auditioning for Superman 6! (Martin not Keogh)

georgehudson

no pen for me, was in block 17, martin was tumbling before keogh went to challenge'
as for the nimely challenge, i assume a forearm smash is ok for n.miller,
his (miller-ref), performance was an utter disgrace, i counted 6 ccfc players who at important incidents, queried vital decisions,
all of those were treated (body language) by miller with contempt,
i would be relieved to never see miller ref a city game again,
accept our shortcomings,
but cannot accept such a dire performance from someone like him,
he has previous with ccfc,

pusb

Didge76

Got to admit I think it was obvious!

Ball was out of play before the diving little prick went down. Was in line with it and if there was any contact it was minimal to say the least. I think that Martin bloke thought he was superman going by his sh*t hairstyle and by god he sure dives like him.

pusbccfc

From the back of block 15 looked a very easy fall, did he get a yellow?
Cause if he's through on goal he should be off?

gouldberg

Definite penalty for me. Martin certainly sold the foul with his comical fall but Keogh put his hands on the guy and there was a slight push. Keogh should never have given Martin a chance to make the most of any contact and should have just let the guy run out of play which he would have done had there been no contact.

I think it can be said that we should have had at least 1 stone wall penalty in the second half and didn't but that doesn't change the fact that the Ipswich penalty was a deserved one.

la-ccfc

For me it was never a penalty, they were shoulder to shoulder and the way he went down by flying forwards is not how you go down if it was a shoulder barge.

ccfcrob

It also happened outside the box and he fell in the box shoulder to shoulder apparently is a penalty but a blatant clothesline on nimely is allowed

Sutty

Thought it was very soft myself, Martin hoofs it out of play and goes down. They say you can tell from a player's reaction, Martin looked embarrassed to get a penalty for that.

Either way, Chopra was incroaching and it shouldn't have counted.

pusbccfc

He pushes keogh, keogh gives a little back and he goes diving all over the floor!
Poor decision!

Otis

Just seen it again on the Beeb. Very, very soft and he goes down all too easily.

For me it should have been a yellow ..... for Martin, for diving.

Martin threw himself to the floor as soon as he got in the box and lost control of the ball and I thought the ref was going to book him for blatant cheating. The behaviour of the Ipswich players was disgusting and an embarrassment to football. Emmanuel-Thomas in the first half was even worse. It was made even harder to take by one of the most incompetent refereeing performances I have seen for years.

It is time the FA grew some balls and instructed refs to issue straight red cards for diving in the same way it is a straight red for stopping a goal scoring opportunity.

stnomskyblue

Wow. Reading all these comments, I almost start to pity refs. I generally hate them and think we get the worst ones all the time. But so many people here at the game see the same thing yet have such polar opposite views.

EleanorRigby

The question should be why were we asleep for Chopra's follow up, to hit the bar bounce down and for the ball to be put in by another player without one of ours anywhere near is criminal.

Users who are viewing this thread