Was it or wasn't it? (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

So you at least you admit you admit that CCFC are a distant second in your priorities and ACL are first - as PWKH's are quite rightly. Of course he has to - you also clearly value their interests above the club

Brave admission - you have my respect.

you don't half have a warped mind. its pretty clear your hatred is so blind for ACL that you have forgotten to hate our owners too, you see only what you want to see and make up what you don't.

how you come to the conclusion you did from that post is beyond logic and typical from you when you have no reasoning.

PWKH

So you at least you admit you admit that CCFC are a distant second in your priorities and ACL are first - as PWKH's are quite rightly. Of course he has to - you also clearly value their interests above the club

Brave admission - you have my respect.

Grendel: acting as a Trustee of the Alan Higgs Centre my priority is the Alan Higgs Centre, hence on behalf of the Trustees I approved the CVA, I am negotiating the return of the Academy. As a director of ACL my priority is ACL and therefore rejected the CVA and continue to work to protect the livelihoods of those employed at the Ricoh and to expand the business. As a Sky Blues supporter I will not go to Sixfields and want the return of the Sky Blues to Coventry. As a grandfather on 12 November my priority will be one of my grandsons' 6th birthday. It is about responsibility and honesty and an unfashionable word: duty.

Grappa

Grendel: acting as a Trustee of the Alan Higgs Centre my priority is the Alan Higgs Centre, hence on behalf of the Trustees I approved the CVA, I am negotiating the return of the Academy. As a director of ACL my priority is ACL and therefore rejected the CVA and continue to work to protect the livelihoods of those employed at the Ricoh and to expand the business. As a Sky Blues supporter I will not go to Sixfields and want the return of the Sky Blues to Coventry. As a grandfather on 12 November my priority will be one of my grandsons' 6th birthday. It is about responsibility and honesty and an unfashionable word: duty.

That's good to hear, Pete. Have you always been a Cov fan or did it come with the job? Did your dad take you to games as a kid? What was your first game?

Does ACL use the services of Weber Shandwick and if so is the rate you pay around £600 p/h?

Have ACL legally offered the £150k rent deal to Sisu/Otium/whatever? (I know you could probably tie me in knots with the wording of that but I think you know what I mean).

skybluetony176

i recon you need to get your priorities right mate. you should be kicking CCC in the balls at every opportunity until the give in and help a poor hedge fund get the opportunity to make lots off profit at the tax payers expense. ;)

PWKH

I am a glory supporter. My first game was not until 1989. My wife is a Diamond Club member and the whole of her side of the family has sky blue blood running through their veins. Her father started supporting just after the Second World war. Perhaps you are one of those who say that if you didn't go to St Peter's on Sunday you can't be a Sky Blue. If that is the case the gates will be even smaller, we could comfortably fit the 1st team in at the Higgs Centre.

Grappa

I am a glory supporter. My first game was not until 1989. My wife is a Diamond Club member and the whole of her side of the family has sky blue blood running through their veins. Her father started supporting just after the Second World war. Perhaps you are one of those who say that if you didn't go to St Peter's on Sunday you can't be a Sky Blue. If that is the case the gates will be even smaller, we could comfortably fit the 1st team in at the Higgs Centre.

You married into the Higgs family didn't you? I have a huge amount of respect for that family, my dad met Sir Derek a few times and speaks very highly of him.

Any chance of an answer to my other questions?

Samo

The dead horse is well and truly flogged! New thread?

dongonzalos

That's good to hear, Pete. Have you always been a Cov fan or did it come with the job? Did your dad take you to games as a kid? What was your first game?

Does ACL use the services of Weber Shandwick and if so is the rate you pay around £600 p/h?

Have ACL legally offered the £150k rent deal to Sisu/Otium/whatever? (I know you could probably tie me in knots with the wording of that but I think you know what I mean).

What a shame......

Grappa

That you started off sincere.
Then descended into the norm

Is there something wrong with asking questions? Am I being impolite?

I'd really like our team to be back playing in Coventry. Whether it sits comfortably or not in your mind, more than one party are to blame for this situation. It seems that some people want there to be a consensus that we all blame one party (guess who). All parties are playing the PR game and we, like good little doggies are supposed to buy into one story or the other. The truth is that everyone except us , the fans, are looking after themselves. PWKH tries to cast himself in the most favourable light, he's become a CCFC fan at the age of 42 after marrying into the Higgs family and getting a job with them and we're all supposed to believe that he really gives a fuck about us. But let's all totally take poor Peter's side, let's all ignore the fact he struggles to answer straight questions, let's all ignore the fact that his company have been consistently overcharging the club. Our club. ACL have refused to enter into arbitration. ACL have refused to consider a run-off period for the club.

And before you all start boring on about how shit Sisu have been -I AGREE! Absolute cunts! But just because they've been shite doesn't mean we should not question the council or ACL.

James Smith

It's interesting how most if the main protagonists in this debate were also slavish thorn worshippers.

Ah well you really did get that wrong didn't you.

The fact is I have remained consistent on this forum since i joined over two matters;

Thorn should have been sacked in September 2011. Few will argue against that now.

If the rental agreement remained in place the club would go bust. Oh right on that as well.

Sisu were a huge disappointment. They should have done this when they started. Coventry city are a far greater community assett than a lump of ugly concrete in Holbrooks. Yet the council just treated them as a tenant they could charge a fortune to to allow the management company to stay afloat.

Whenever PWKH is challenged on the arrangement he says he deals in fact and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Well here is a fact. The titanic was declared an unsinkable vessel. In hindsight captain smith shouldn't have hit an iceberg I assume.

Personally I think if captain smith had used some foresight the titanic would not be an historical reference. Do you agree?
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Titanic was never just described as "unsinkable" before the sinking, it was described as "practically unsinkable" by the White Star Line but then they were hardly unique in claiming that, other lines did that too. The builders Harland and Wolf in Belfast never claimed it was unsinkable and this is just a myth that has grown up.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_and_myths_regarding_RMS_Titanic

dongonzalos

Is there something wrong with asking questions? Am I being impolite?

I'd really like our team to be back playing in Coventry. Whether it sits comfortably or not in your mind, more than one party are to blame for this situation. It seems that some people want there to be a consensus that we all blame one party (guess who). All parties are playing the PR game and we, like good little doggies are supposed to buy into one story or the other. The truth is that everyone except us , the fans, are looking after themselves. PWKH tries to cast himself in the most favourable light, he's become a CCFC fan at the age of 42 after marrying into the Higgs family and getting a job with them and we're all supposed to believe that he really gives a fuck about us. But let's all totally take poor Peter's side, let's all ignore the fact he struggles to answer straight questions, let's all ignore the fact that his company have been consistently overcharging the club. Our club. ACL have refused to enter into arbitration. ACL have refused to consider a run-off period for the club.

And before you all start boring on about how shit Sisu have been -I AGREE! Absolute cunts! But just because they've been shite doesn't mean we should not question the council or ACL.

Without sounding like a stalker.
which I am sure I will imminently be called.

Whilst we are on the subject if answering questions.

When did you join SBT?

What provoked you to join?

Of the 300 plus posts since you have joined. In your joint proportioning of blame towards both SISU, ACL and the Higgs Charity.

How many of your posts may I ask do you aim your frustration towards SISU?

I assume 50-50, 60-40 ?

Last edited:

Samo

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Titanic was never just described as "unsinkable" before the sinking, it was described as "practically unsinkable" by the White Star Line but then they were hardly unique in claiming that, other lines did that too. The builders Harland and Wolf in Belfast never claimed it was unsinkable and this is just a myth that has grown up.

Never has the point been so remarkably missed!

Grappa

Stalker.

June 2013 by the looks of things but I had a previous account deleted because of a run in with one of the admins (la lucha?)

I'm a Cov fan, got accounts on GMK and TWT, first game I attended was at the age of 2 (my dad took me, George Best was playing) in 1968, is that a good enough reason to join?

Again, I'm a Cov fan, I have a natural affinity with the underdog. When Sisu took over I was in the minority who could only foresee problems with a hedge fund taking over, now the pendulum has swung the other way I'm trying to balance the scales, so to speak.

Go through my posts and count them yourself. Are you implying that I'm a Sisu plant? I could say you're an ACL plant, you bored on for months about ACL cross-invoicing the revenues to Sisu when that would never have been acceptable under the FFP rules. But bore on you did.

James Smith

Well no but then again when a certain person posts on here you take it at face value every time don't you? So it fisher posted on here it was a fact would you immediately like his post and accept it as gospel?

I've said it before but just because he appears to be a nice guy and as far as I know has never lied to us doesn't mean that we should take what he says at face value. PWKH represents the people and organisations that he's mentioned in this thread and as such can't be considered neutral in all this. We should check his claims just as we do Tim and Joy.

Grendel

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - that is hilarious

Grendel

When did you join SBT?

Of the 300 plus posts since you have joined. In your joint proportioning of blame towards both SISU, ACL and the Higgs Charity.

I assume 50-50, 60-40 ?

If we are to apply that logic to you we must surely conclude that you are the first child born from two men - Andy thorn and PWKH.

James Smith

Never has the point been so remarkably missed!
What the point where someone claimed something was a fact without any references or qualifying statement?

Grendel

What the point where someone claimed something was a fact without any references or qualifying statement?

LOL you do make me laugh -- you do it well I have to say

dongonzalos

Stalker.

June 2013 by the looks of things but I had a previous account deleted because of a run in with one of the admins (la lucha?)

I'm a Cov fan, got accounts on GMK and TWT, first game I attended was at the age of 2 (my dad took me, George Best was playing) in 1968, is that a good enough reason to join?

Again, I'm a Cov fan, I have a natural affinity with the underdog. When Sisu took over I was in the minority who could only foresee problems with a hedge fund taking over, now the pendulum has swung the other way I'm trying to balance the scales, so to speak.

Go through my posts and count them yourself. Are you implying that I'm a Sisu plant? I could say you're an ACL plant, you bored on for months about ACL cross-invoicing the revenues to Sisu when that would never have been acceptable under the FFP rules. But bore on you did.

So you had accounts kicked out?
Why was that may I ask?

I think you may have me confused with another poster, I have never used the term cross financing.

So you created another account in June?

Since then 90% percent of your 300 plus posts posts attack ACL and the council. Not quite the balanced blame apportioning approach i would expect of a man professing to blame all sides.

What were your prior names?

Grendel

So you had accounts kicked out?
Why was that may I ask?

I think you may have me confused with another poster, I have never used the term cross financing.

So you created another account in June?

Since then 90% percent of your 300 plus posts posts attack ACL and the council. Not quite the balanced blame apportioning approach i would expect of a man professing to blame all sides.

What were your prior names?

Why does he have to justify himself to you? Whenever I ask some people (like James for example) his credentials people get very stuffy. When I point out others like GPE never go to games I'm told that does not matter.

dongonzalos

Why does he have to justify himself to you? Whenever I ask some people (like James for example) his credentials people get very stuffy. When I point out others like GPE never go to games I'm told that does not matter.

Has James not answered your questions?
If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to.

I am sure Grappa will soon tell me if he doesn't want to answer mine.
He seems a very confident poster. All be it completely biased

Last edited:

skybluetony176

You married into the Higgs family didn't you?

boy don't you sound like somebody with an axe to grind. did peter's mrs give you the big elbow or something when she 1st met him. your post sound personal and nothing to do with football or related politics.

lewys33

If the rental agreement remained in place the club would go bust. Oh right on that as well.

I don't think that £1.3 million rent a year is the sole reason things went tits up, even if you consider lost revenue from F&B.

With regards to a previous post (which I can't seem to find) regarding the council and sisu agreeing to distress ACL - That did interest me quite a lot. If we take what Fisher/SISU said at face value then it appears the Council and SISU agreed together to distress ACL so that SISU could purchase the mortgage on the cheap. Then the council for some reason (or maybe their plan all along) went and purchased the mortgage themselves thus completely screwing over SISU with regards to having any value in the Ricoh. Of course this is from a let's say "less than reliable" source, however that does not suggest it was not true (if you think about it, it kind of makes sense). If it is true, and as much as the council may try and defend it, it was sneaky to say the least.

torchomatic

You've done this before, haven't you? Asked someone to explain themselves about why they joined SBT and their "motives" for doing so? Why? What's it got to do with you? Are you going to ask others who are naturally on your "side" the same questions?

When did you join SBT?

I assume 50-50, 60-40 ?

dongonzalos

You've done this before, haven't you? Asked someone to explain themselves about why they joined SBT and their "motives" for doing so? Why? What's it got to do with you? Are you going to ask others who are naturally on your "side" the same questions?

Oops didn't realise asking such questions was a crime.
Well officer Torch from the Internet Forum Police 'S' Division.
Grappa seemed happy to answer these particular questions.
Unlike the ones about his previous names and why he was kicked off.
He possibly didn't want to answer them which is fair enough.
It didn't seem to upset him like it has with you and Grendel.
Think you may find as long as it is not a crime I may even do it again sometime in the future.

I think it is a valid point though when someone says that they apportion blame to both sides.
Why is it 95% of their posts some 300 plus over 5 months attack one side.

Users who are viewing this thread