Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (2 Viewers)

tisza

Ian Bell is out for the rest of the season.
We basically need a win to be pretty safe. Key concern is if Sibley puts himself into Ashes contention. Hain needs to hold recent form.
38.pts is a big gap with 4 to play. Avoid defeat against Notts in Sept and we should be okay.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hasssem Hameed will be released by Lancashire in the summer not that long ago he has England’s big hope we are a county who take players that are not performing and improve them

tisza

Hasssem Hameed will be released by Lancashire in the summer not that long ago he has England’s big hope we are a county who take players that are not performing and improve them
He's a project. Talent is there maybe just needs a fresh start. Still very young. Got to be worth a look.

Terry Gibson's perm

He's a project. Talent is there maybe just needs a fresh start. Still very young. Got to be worth a look.

He should be funded by the ecb to see if he can find form, maybe take some of Moeen Ali wage off him as he can’t play for England but straight back playing 20/20 for Worcester absolutely no benefit to England.

Terry Gibson's perm

His 20/20 technique same as his Test batting :)

He may as well have had a net and worked on his problems rather than slogging spinners around the ground.

It made me laugh when he pulled Brookes for four and the commentators said 87mph is no problem for a player like him yet he doesn’t seem to be able to play 87mph in the test arena to well

tisza

He may as well have had a net and worked on his problems rather than slogging spinners around the ground.

It made me laugh when he pulled Brookes for four and the commentators said 87mph is no problem for a player like him yet he doesn’t seem to be able to play 87mph in the test arena to well
He's done this before hasn't he? Been dropped for lack of form, smashed a few white ball runs and everyone says his form. Is back. He's just not a very intelligent batsman.

tisza

injury-hit Warks going well against Essex whilst Notts surrendering against Kent. Bears draw and Notts defeat basically keeps us up.

SBAndy

Sibley ticking over to 1000 runs for the season. Get him in the test side.

Nice to see Matt Lamb doing well also. Big score from him.

tisza

Bears avoid relegation.
Quite an achievement with the horrific injury problems over the season. never seen the like.
promising youngsters gained some valuable experience.
Interesting to see where they go from here with Farbrace's influence.

chiefdave

Bears avoid relegation.
Quite an achievement with the horrific injury problems over the season. never seen the like.
Wasn't expecting them to stay up to be honest. Hope they can build on this.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bears avoid relegation.

Cracking first season for young Yates, certainly one to watch

tisza

When the injured players are back it's a big squad next season.
Thought they'd be relegated with the early injuries but they have finished strongly.
Going to need another opener though as Sibley could be playing Tests next summer.

pipkin73

Just signed Tim Bresnan for 2 years, looking at his latest figures not sure he will be worth the big wages i expect him to be on. Seems to have dried up and another Ian Bell at 35 and past it, hope i am wrong.

tisza

Just signed Tim Bresnan for 2 years, looking at his latest figures not sure he will be worth the big wages i expect him to be on. Seems to have dried up and another Ian Bell at 35 and past it, hope i am wrong.
Knee deep in bowlers. Paying for an experienced batsman I could understand

pipkin73

Seen as an allrounder and they have said they want his experience to rub off on the younger players. Like i said before, same reason for keeping Bell and Trott on. Great for the experience but they need to contribute on the field as well or else you might as well just pay for the worlds best coaches.

covcity4life

Test matches start this week. Counties are back in training, well Warwick are not sure about anyone else, and the season should be starting on 1 August. There will need to be a new format & fixture list which should be sorted in the next week or two.

Will try follow it more this year. I do miss the bears

But that damn name change. One day isn't a possibility :(

tisza

What a shower if shit that performance has been, pathetic batting the lack of bringing in an experienced batsman is showing.
Hain just not cutting it at 3 in red ball cricket. Hain & Bell at 3 and 4 should be as good as there is in CC cricket but just not happening.
Plus so many bowlers being rotated doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread