Walsall Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Fan behind took until now to realise Webster isn't playing. I'd be massively offended by that if I was Pennington ;)

SP is a tactical genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Pressley the man, the tactical genius. I love him.

Get in

Sky Blue Pete tactical genius

Wish I could remember this when Pennington is moved to rb to find a spot for Webster next game

wingy

Linnell certainly showing his goading side again tonight and one or two opinions re fan on fan slagging helpful I'm sure .

There are very good reasons for fan on negativity/pessimism .

If I was a conspiracist I'd venture Portland communications are getting a few texts In.

James Smith

Well when I left the action (because I had to stop having lunch and go and see to a disgruntled custome) O'Brien had just knocked one in and I was hoping we could hold on to that lead. Lovely to come back to it and see that we've got all three points and another goal to add to the difference. Sounds like we had a hard fought match and I hope we can continue with this throughout the rest of the season/year.

Covstar

Just seen JOB's goal on SSN. What.a.Goal. An absolute screamer from 25 yards out!! This guy was by far the best player on the pitch. Works hard, has bags of energy and can score 1 or 2 crackers as well. Tudgay had the best game in a Coventry city shirt despite the penalty miss and I hope he gets a run of games now. Only took him 3 months to put in an effort though... maybe trying to impress one or two scouts around? Who knows. Pennington was a rock at the back and hope he gets into the team as a CB ahead of Webster next game too. All in all good victory, lets keep this up city!

letsallsingtogether

Allsop cracking game today kept us right in it in the second half at least 5 cracking saves

Jackoskyblue

Excellent support from the sky blue army we did ourselves proud. Alsoop fantastic nouble awesome super jim .. Superb! 10/10's all round the effort and commitment was all there today. One of if not my favourite ever city game. I was in the pressley out camp he's won me over a little today another 3 points v Swindon and I'm firmly Pressley in

SkyBlue_Bear83

Great performance, all 11 superb. Special mention for Tudgay, great performance from him after not having the happiest time here

turlykerd

What a brilliant thread to read through !!!

Massive amount of praise and positivity regarding most of our players !!!!

Bloody fantastic win today

PUSB :):)

wingy

16 points from last 10 games

Road to the play offs

Yeah across a whole season guaranteed playoff form .

How many poor results did we have around 7 IIRC ,so compensate for that and It can be got back on track.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Need more than that to get in play off IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Probably depends how shit the other teams are, 1.6 points from now till May will give us 64-65 points. Sheffield Utd who are 6th are on course for 69 points at there current season rate of 1.5.

1.6 still isn't bad in a period where we've played pretty poor for 80% of that time. If we can continue keeping clean sheets we could go close.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we'd have even won only 1 game in that proper shit run we had before Peterborough mathc the table would be looking decent tonight, so frustrating.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we'd have even won only 1 game in that proper shit run we had before Peterborough mathc the table would be looking decent tonight, so frustrating.

Shows how little it would take for us to push up the table. Chesterfield are on the verge of the play-offs and were horrendous last week. No complaints about winning today though, fingers crossed Pressley sees the light and sticks with this more attacking approach.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know one game doesn't make a season but I'd probably be inclined to keep Tudgay till the summer as back up to Madine (assuming he signs) and as an experienced head to bring off the bench and help us see matches out.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Friday - Told he can leave
Sat - Starts up front and scores
Sunday - ????

"He chilled on Sunday,
He left us on Monday"?

skybluejelly

There manager is deluded... They did not deserve to loose ...coventry came here to time waste for 45 minutes..I sense sour grapes

wingy

Shows how little it would take for us to push up the table. Chesterfield are on the verge of the play-offs and were horrendous last week. No complaints about winning today though, fingers crossed Pressley sees the light and sticks with this more attacking approach.

Indeed that one win CCFC refers to was right there .

Penalty decision confusion ,hit the post ,clearance off the line etc and yes he's slow to learn and a little stupid to not have tried to replicate

last seasons exciting brand ,after all bums on seats are our major income stream .

Maybe those above should or shouldn't advise on this as they do on transfer deals .Ouch I can feel It coming .

Nonleagueherewecome

There manager is deluded... They did not deserve to loose ...coventry came here to time waste for 45 minutes..I sense sour grapes

Tbf, most weeks our pointless "pass it around just in front of our area" tactics also strike me as a waste of time...

sw88

Chief Commentator!

What a tool! Smith; not you ;)

Time wasting frustrated the hell out of you when it's done against you, but when your team does it, it feels great :)

And to be fair to us, towards the end we could have played pitter pitta football, or held it in the corner, but we didn't; we kept looking for a third. Not like us at all.

Swiftlyon

What a tool! Smith; not you ;)

Time wasting frustrated the hell out of you when it's done against you, but when your team does it, it feels great :)

And to be fair to us, towards the end we could have played pitter pitta football, or held it in the corner, but we didn't; we kept looking for a third. Not like us at all.

Smith talking out of his backside. You deserved the win. No question.

We had a big 20 minutes at the start of the second half but you should have been out of sight by half-time.

Thought your guy could have seen red for the challenge on Sawyers and luckily for us Sawyers was held back otherwise he'd have probably seen red himself if the look in his eyes had been allowed to follow through into action and quite what the linesman was up to for the Nouble incident was bizarre. Not that the officials had any baring on the result. The best team on the day won.

Good support again from you lot.

Unless something goes remarkably well or remarkably wrong for either of us, the M6 elclassico will play out again next year. Good - I quite enjoy them.

Taga

We had a big 20 minutes at the start of the second half but you should have been out of sight by half-time.

Thought your guy could have seen red for the challenge on Sawyers and luckily for us Sawyers was held back otherwise he'd have probably seen red himself if the look in his eyes had been allowed to follow through into action and quite what the linesman was up to for the Nouble incident was bizarre. Not that the officials had any baring on the result. The best team on the day won.

Unless something goes remarkably well or remarkably wrong for either of us, the M6 elclassico will play out again next year. Good - I quite enjoy them.

Thank you for a frank and honest assessment. You restore some faith in the wider football family.

For me today, we looked up and at it from the start and other than the first 20 minutes of the second half, looked pretty much in control. I'm not going to disagree with any of the suggested MOTM's, but I would add an honourable mention to John Fleck

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Thanks fella! Pretty even view from both parks it seems!

I couldn't believe how much intervention it took to calm the lad Sawyers down. He owes the fella who held him back a pint or tonight for that otherwise he could be facing a 3 match ban.

The Lino with the offside call was distracted I think. Not sure what by. Maybe a light or something pretty, but he sure as he'll wasn't watching the game. The ref even had his whistle at the ready knowing how offside Nouble was! Could have been very interesting had he put it away (can't believe he missed from where he did despite the eventual correct call).

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Users who are viewing this thread