Walsall Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

People are more interested in bitching about the owners and wasps. I'm afraid the football plays second fiddle nowadays.

Sick of both, tbh. The off-field stuff is depressing, boring, repetitive, pointless and debating it is the biggest waste of your time that you can find outside of Candy Crush. Whereas the on-field aspect(!)..well, it's the worst City side in my lifetime. Say no more.

It would be interesting to see some stats on average weekly views/posts on here compared to, say, two years ago.

Nonleagueherewecome

2 games undefeated!

You joke, but that probably is our second best run of the season!

Just checked: we also went "two unbeaten" with the P'boro and Ley O matches.

Grendel

Pressley has to go soon, this is dire

Well in terms of squad depth and ability it would be difficult to argue ours isn't superior.

Its narrow defensive and tentative. Players like fleck are going backwards and finch and Haynes look out of their depth - playing both in midfield is very odd.

If Swanson hadn't come on and provided some guile it would have been a shocking display.

stupot07

Pressley and Linnell must have watched a different game to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Well in terms of squad depth and ability it would be difficult to argue ours isn't superior.

Its narrow defensive and tentative. Players like fleck are going backwards and finch and Haynes look out of their depth - playing both in midfield is very odd.

If Swanson hadn't come on and provided some guile it would have been a shocking display.

Apparently It's Walsalls fault for the way they set up.

Ooh that and the pitch,well according to the pundits anyway.

ecky

THATS NOT WHAT STUART LINNELL IS SAYING!!!

The guy shoots anyone down who doesnt agree with him, supposed to be neutral in a phone in?

Nonleagueherewecome

Apparently It's Walsalls fault for the way they set up.

Ooh that and the pitch,well according to the pundits anyway.

It's so unfair that Walsall were allowed to use a different pitch, thus enabling them to keep possession much better...

Grendel

THATS NOT WHAT STUART LINNELL IS SAYING!!!

The guy shoots anyone down who doesnt agree with him, supposed to be neutral in a phone in?

He just says things to wind people up. The pitch wasn't great but wasn't as bad as it looked and can't be responsible for fleck passing to the opposition all the time and it didn't seem to bother Swanson who played really well for 15 minutes before seeming rather worryingly to run out of steam.

As for Linnell remember his infamous quote "if you think Andy thorn is a bad manager you no NOTHING about football" - ok Stuart.

Nonleagueherewecome

Was this guy on? Wasps is a good thing, Pressley our best manager in years? I'm all for a bit of positivity, but he must be on uppers...

SkyBlue_Bear83

First 60 minutes was dross, last 30 was ok.

Haven't heard Pressley interview but heard CWR describing the last 30 as tremendous. This idiots even got the radio station believing his delusions.

I notice Colchester were beaten 6-0 today yet Pressley thinks he's some sort of genius for masterminding a 1-0 last week.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Was this guy on? Wasps is a good thing, Pressley our best manager in years? I'm all for a bit of positivity, but he must be on uppers...

Talking shit about us being down to the bare bones, probably be heralding Pressley as a football genius if he leads to a 5th from bottom finish and we don't get relegated.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

What a load of rubbish.

The football is just absolute dire under Pressley.

He's too busy falling out of players, checking their piss colour and creating multiple bomb squads.

Does Pressley actually have any idea on how to set up a team and adjust a team tactically?

Godiva

You joke, but that probably is our second best run of the season!

Just checked: we also went "two unbeaten" with the P'boro and Ley O matches.

The last 5 league games is 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss (Notts County). Not too bad and could be seen as a turn-around after the 7 games w/o wins (Reda and Nouble sidelined).
But I suppose that would require a positive mind-set.

Nonleagueherewecome

Talking shit about us being down to the bear bones, probably be heralding Pressley as a football genius if he leads to a 5th from bottom finish and we don't get relegated.

At least bear bones might have a bit of bite. Sorry.

wingy

If you want to join In with sensible viewpoint ,the Is the Number.
"Nigel,you're making a fool of yourself on Twitter ",condescending Yam yam.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The last 5 league games is 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss (Notts County). Not too bad and could be seen as a turn-around after the 7 games w/o wins (Reda and Nouble sidelined).
But I suppose that would require a positive mind-set.

Pressley has already ensured Nouble and Johnson won't be here for much longer by his public criticism.

Football genius

ecky

If you want to join In with sensible s=viewpoint ,the Is .
"Nigel,you're making a fool of yourself on Twitter ",condescending Yam yam.

just heard him, the guy is a clown on the air waves..surely his producer should be warning him?

D

Deleted member 4439

Pressley and Linnell must have watched a different game to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I know Linnell has not always been flavour of month, but I've tended to let the various comments and views wash over me. But he's finally got to me today. Haven't felt this pissed off for a very, very long time. Yes, we were worse against Notts, but this was arguably the strongest team we are able to field, against a very average (but better than us) Walsall side. It was crap, and I don't see any way forward with Pressley.

stupot07

First 60 minutes was dross, last 30 was ok.

Haven't heard Pressley interview but heard CWR describing the last 30 as tremendous. This idiots even got the radio station believing his delusions.

I notice Colchester were beaten 6-0 today yet Pressley thinks he's some sort of genius for masterminding a 1-0 last week.

Yeah, the last 30 were ok but within that we only really had 5-10 minute spell when we were on top. Pressley and linnell said we dominated possession lol.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, the last 30 were ok but within that we only really had 5-10 minute spell when we were on top. Pressley and linnell said we dominated possession lol.

We "dominated" it by 46% to 54% according to the beeb website.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea heard the word tremendous threw around by Linnell, laughable and it's an insult to the fans to claim it was. Just constantly blaming the pitch.

This team is going nowhere under Pressley.

Kingokings204

Bloody awful today. Just got back. Decent last 30 mins. Swanson added some much needed pace. We are a biggish team but no pace and adventure whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread