Walsall match thread (1 Viewer)

stupot07

According to fisher and waggott we had the 4th highest budget in the league. Should have been a better season full stop

Due to being one of the teams relegated into the league, we were always going to have one of the larger wage budgets due to having players on championship wages.

CCFCDan87

Due to being one of the teams relegated into the league, we were always going to have one of the larger wage budgets due to having players on championship wages.

And without the deduction would currently be 10th. My concern is I can see us being a league one team now for the foreseeable future. Next few seasons in this league.

coundonskyblue

But isn't that more down to be relegated last season rather than this seasons performance?

Not really, we could have finished 1st and then it would have been our lowest finish since 1964.

To put it into perspective, we are currently in 14th, we have only ever finished lower than 16th twice in our entire history.

stupot07

And without the deduction would currently be 10th. My concern is I can see us being a league one team now for the foreseeable future. Next few seasons in this league.

He majority of teams take 2-3 seasons to comeback up. We need another overhaul of the squad, which is normal and something Wednesday and Charlton did.

stupot07

Not really, we could have finished 1st and then it would have been our lowest finish since 1964.

To put it into perspective, we are currently in 14th, we have only ever finished lower than 16th twice in our entire history.

And? Bigger clubs than us have been in the league in the last 10 years.

coundonskyblue

And? Bigger clubs than us have been in the league in the last 10 years.

Whats your point?

I was arguing against the post that this has been a 'good' season.

I don't really care less about what other, bigger clubs have done. Even so, do you think Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest would have described 14th in league 1 as good?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
jordan stewart says second was a soft booking, ref played to the crowd

I don't agree with what the ref done, but when your on a yellow, you can't go making rash challenges and giving the ref an opportunity to show red, and not expect the be punished. He had ample of warnings in the first half before his first ref so was always going to be pushing his luck.

And because of his actions, we're now gonna have to have Jordan Clarke at LB for atleast the next few games! **worried**

coundonskyblue

I don't agree with what the ref done, but when your on a yellow, you can't go making rash challenges and giving the ref an opportunity to show red, and not expect the be punished. He had ample of warnings in the first half before his first ref so was always going to be pushing his luck.

And because of his actions, we're now gonna have to have Jordan Clarke at LB for atleast the next few games! **worried**

Not really anything to be worried about, seasons over anyway.

Swiftlyon

Hello, Walsall perspective and probably my last post on your site until we play eachother again.

Was pretty even for about 30 minutes. Having got the all important first goal your players' heads seemed to drop and we should have got a second just before half time. You came out second half and gave it a go, then the pen which looked nailed on from our end quickly followed by the sending off. two important decisions but on both occassions your player was reckless and gave the ref a decision to make. After that, your players visibly slumped and to be honest we took the piss for the last 20 minutes or so.

I'm sure it was logictics that stopped you selling more than the 2,500 you brought. Noise-wise you got it together a bit in the first half but faded with your team in the second. I'm glad that there were around 20 of you behind the goal in your end that demonstrated the gallows humour that football fans are renowned for. We've been at some very low-ebbs in my 40 years of following the Saddlers and to be honest sometimes you just need to smile through it and know that there will be a defining moment of shit-ness where you can say "I was there and I still wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else in the world cos i love my club through thick and thin" - and to be honest the thin can provide as much of a good time as the thick - if you go with the attitude of the 20 or so I mention above.

So that's it from me. I've enjoyed contributing and watching as your drama has unfolded in the last few weeks. I hope that things get sorted for you but in a way that is fair to the rest of us and leaves Coventry with a football club that represents and reflects the dignity of its people. If that means you spend a few more seasons beneath where some of you obviously feel is your natural status then so be it. Just enjoy yourself - it is indeed later than you think.

deanocity3

Hello, Walsall perspective and probably my last post on your site until we play eachother again.

Was pretty even for about 30 minutes. Having got the all important first goal your players' heads seemed to drop and we should have got a second just before half time. You came out second half and gave it a go, then the pen which looked nailed on from our end quickly followed by the sending off. two important decisions but on both occassions your player was reckless and gave the ref a decision to make. After that, your players visibly slumped and to be honest we took the piss for the last 20 minutes or so.

I'm sure it was logictics that stopped you selling more than the 2,500 you brought. Noise-wise you got it together a bit in the first half but faded with your team in the second. I'm glad that there were around 20 of you behind the goal in your end that demonstrated the gallows humour that football fans are renowned for. We've been at some very low-ebbs in my 40 years of following the Saddlers and to be honest sometimes you just need to smile through it and know that there will be a defining moment of shit-ness where you can say "I was there and I still wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else in the world cos i love my club through thick and thin" - and to be honest the thin can provide as much of a good time as the thick - if you go with the attitude of the 20 or so I mention above.

So that's it from me. I've enjoyed contributing and watching as your drama has unfolded in the last few weeks. I hope that things get sorted for you but in a way that is fair to the rest of us and leaves Coventry with a football club that represents and reflects the dignity of its people. If that means you spend a few more seasons beneath where some of you obviously feel is your natural status then so be it. Just enjoy yourself - it is indeed later than you think.
nice black country accent too

jordan stewart says second was a soft booking, ref played to the crowd

Largely disappointed with Jordan Stewart, not for his sending off but his overall play and contribution. He doesn't seem to want to venture over the halfway line and when he does his final distribution is poor. I'd rather Jordan Clarke to be honest but think we are really missing Blair Adams for his attacking threat and burst of pace when bombing forward.

Grendel

Another assist by Fleck I see for goal number 4.

Grendel

Piss poor for goals 2 and 3 as well, mistakes from Martin and Murphy. The Martin one was particularly bad

The first didn't look great either -- half hearted challenges by Moussa and Edge.

aodea

Record away wins. One player scored 21, one player has scored 17 and one midfielder 14. Hardly poor.

What does that have to do with anything? if we beat a team 4-0 one week and lose one nil the next game the 4-0 means nothing. We should have been higgher up this year but with all that has gone on im just glad we are mid table to be honest. The most dissapointing thing for me was the JPT really tought that getting to wembley would have given everyone a huge boost.

Always next year come on you sky blues.

Users who are viewing this thread