Match Thread Walsall Away (Hot) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Will be a good test for fitness in this heat.

stay_up_skyblues

May do more harm than good - having played at Oxford, I think I'd be letting players do 45 mins max (except C O'H, who must play the full game to improve his fitness levels, and Dabo, who will need to adapt to his new attacking midfield role )

I didn’t see you come on mate. Hope you put a shift in 😉

Sky Blue Harry H

I didn’t see you come on mate. Hope you put a shift in 😉

Haha - even in my prime, you'd have been disappointed. The odd flick (that wouldn't have come off) but I would have nutmegged an Oxford player at least once (from 50 attempts!)

Sky Blue Harry H

From the Walsall forum re: potential stream (or lack thereof)

Can’t see it happening to be honest, we don’t usually organise our own streams when at home, we rely on Villa. Coventry recently played at Oxford and Oxford streamed on ifollow. I just can’t see Coventry arranging the stream at our place. Could be wrong but no mentions of a stream yet.

aloisiwouldhavescored

I can't see a link to it on their site
Found the link. Created new account, but didn't like that as it said my email address is already in use. Tried to just log in as existing account, but didn't recognise email or password.

Not sure what to do next. Anyone got any ideas?

larry_david

Cov tweeted saying it's not on ifollow but I'm just assuming they don't wanna point people to Walsalls website

pusbccfc

Cov tweeted saying it's not on ifollow but I'm just assuming they don't wanna point people to Walsalls website

It's not on there either. Shame.

aloisiwouldhavescored

That's a bit poor, isn't it.

On Saturday didn't realise until the last minute that the Oxford game was on ifollow, then couldn't be bothered trying. Listened to it on BBC Radio Oxford instead.

City are missing a trick not putting their matches on ifollow. I would certainly pay for it, particularly if the money went to City (and before anybody starts moaning, yes we have both got STs so do go to all the home games).

Nick

Administrator

On Saturday didn't realise until the last minute that the Oxford game was on ifollow, then couldn't be bothered trying. Listened to it on BBC Radio Oxford instead.

City are missing a trick not putting their matches on ifollow. I would certainly pay for it, particularly if the money went to City (and before anybody starts moaning, yes we have both got STs so do go to all the home games).

Pretty sure they can't rock up to away games and put it on?

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s as simple as they don’t have the resources to produce a live stream worth paying for, especially figuring it out an away ground.

Paxman II

It will be cooling this evening so it should be OK. This will be the b side predominantly I suspect and a run out for one or two others.
Portsmouth will be the team that will resmble the starting line up for Sunderland I suspect.

Nick

Administrator
I reckon they should announce the team now.

That way people can decide if they want to go out in this heat to watch it after a day's graft.

Gint11

Surely this game will be called off? Hottest day on record! Why are friendlies going ahead? Madness

Nick

Administrator
The club have just responded to say it will be the home kit..

Wish they would say if it's a second string or 2 teams or whatever.

No disrespect but I don't want to bust a gut to get over there and stand in the heat to watch U18 / U23s.

Nick

Administrator
Water filling stations around the ground

Can't take own bottle so there will be thousands of plastic cups instead.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Water filling stations around the ground

Can't take own bottle so there will be thousands of plastic cups instead.
Said on the website that you can take in your own plastic water bottles (without lids).

Users who are viewing this thread