Walker (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Robins is turning Walker into JCH 2.0.

A great penalty box striker that MR has no idea how to use because our strikers have to work out of possession and be involved in build-up play. Watch us sell him to League 1 and instantly turn back into a 20-goal striker because he'll finally get service.

PVA

A great penalty box striker that MR has no idea how to use because our strikers have to work out of possession and be involved in build-up play. Watch us sell him to League 1 and instantly turn back into a 20-goal striker because he'll finally get service.

If he instantly turned into a 20 goal striker it wouldn't be because he's finally getting service, it'd be because he's playing at a level below. Like JCH isn't a 20 goal striker this season.

steve cooper

If he instantly turned into a 20 goal striker it wouldn't be because he's finally getting service, it'd be because he's playing at a level below. Like JCH isn't a 20 goal striker this season.
Yes, JCH only has 3 goals this season, and I believe 2 of those were penalties

clint van damme

I said Walker was probably number 4 striker at the start of the season and got laughed at. I think we need to see more of Waghorn to be sure, but Godden and Gyokeres are quite a bit ahead of Walker for sure.

Waghorns contribution has been vastly under rated in my opinion.
Him and O'Hare were a two man army pressing from the front. I think you're right about Walker being 4th choice and he's too good for that so will need to move on.
No reflection on him, the other 3 just suit our style more. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

pusbccfc

JCH has done nothing in the Championship. We've improved since he's gone

Mucca Mad Boys

Flip that on its head. Perhaps Walker can’t fit himself into the way we play. Godden finds a way and he’s a similar poacher type striker.

I like Walker and think he gets a lot of undue stick. We’re 5th in the league, so if anyone or thing needs to change, it’s Walker not the way Robins sets up the team. The team takes precedence over individuals and ultimately the players need to fit into our wider team structure.

A great example is JCH. He has not pulled down any trees in his Championship career so far.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

Exactly. 20 goal league 1 strikers aren't much use to us now

Legia Sky Blue

To do well in the Championship you need a minimum of 4 potential 1st team strikers to take account of injuries, suspensions, tactical variations and fluctuations in form. Getting rid of Walker would be madness, unless we have some top PL loan to bring in to replace him. We certainly shouldn't be releasing him to rely on the unproven Tavares as our 4th striker.

Walsgrave

To do well in the Championship you need a minimum of 4 potential 1st team strikers to take account of injuries, suspensions, tactical variations and fluctuations in form. Getting rid of Walker would be madness, unless we have some top PL loan to bring in to replace him. We certainly shouldn't be releasing him to rely on the unproven Tavares as our 4th striker.
Agreed with the caveat that this is if you want to be able to play two up top. which we do. Three good strikers would suffice for a team that plays one up top every game, which we don't.

CDK

Think 2 seasons ago if anybody has said we would be where we are that we would have round the 1st team 4strikers for 2 places I would have bit there hand off so you have to play out of your skin to keep your place and gyo with 9,godden with 7 walker should be straining at the leash when on the pitch to leave an impression a lasting impression.

Liquid Gold

The trouble is keeping all four happy.

At the moment one of the four is injured so all three should theoretically be getting decent minutes but one is being given 2 mins here and there. I don’t see a player that left his boyhood club in order to play regularly being happy with that.

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

blunted

Worry Waghorn may break down again with his shoulder. A risk not having an operation at this stage as his game is based on physicality. Think Walker will get his chance as suspensions and injuries kick in and there is always the FA Cup. Unfortunate for Walker that Gyo and Godden are playing so well. Feel Walker would have done better to have joined us on loan in league 1 instead of opting for Lincoln. Would have been a year further on fitting in with our style of play.

Evo1883

To be fair though , there aren't many forwards that get away with being just a box striker these days .. yea you have the odd 1 in some leagues that are exceptional .

Evo1883

Flip that in its head. Perhaps Walker can’t fit himself into the way we play. Godden finds a way and he’s a similar poacher type striker.

I like Walker and think he gets a lot of undue stick. We’re 5th in the league, so if anyone or thing needs to change, it’s Walker not the way Robins sets up the team. The team takes precedence over individuals and ultimately the players need to fit into our wider team structure.

A great example is JCH. He has not pulled down any trees in his Championship career so far.
This is 100% correct very well said .

It's Walker that needs to change , he's found himself at the back of the queue at 2 clubs now .. he needs to adapt to what the club want now and if he cant he will go

Paxman II

Walker will be just fine. he's a good striker and finisher who will get plenty of game time before the season ends.

fernandopartridge

On the flip side of Robins not playing Walker much is Godden's excellent form and Gyokeres' overall contribution even when he's not scoring.

slowpoke

His goal scoring record is good compared to his minutes on the pitch, he is third maybe even fourth choice but it wouldn’t bother me if he started games.

Cov kid 55

His goal scoring record is good compared to his minutes on the pitch, he is third maybe even fourth choice but it wouldn’t bother me if he started games.
Agree, I’m not saying he should start, but if he did play a full game, you wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him score.

Cov kid 55

And, how sure are we that we’d be able to upgrade if we moved Walker on. It’s a long season, hopefully he will get more game time and will take his opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread