Walker (3 Viewers)

long way home

Walker is the type of player that will always divide opinion, no matter what club, style, coach or manager he plays for it's a running theme with him. I don't think he is lazy or lacks ability in front of goal, I think he is as a decent athlete who has a bit of pace. But this is where it stops for me as a player and I believe L1 is his level as a pro.

Its my opinion, but he doesn't seem to have the movement or the smarts to create a tough day for a championship defender. He doesn't seem to get in enough right spaces or places to score more goals. It's more to do with his football intelligence, not so much his physical attributes.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think it’s a major confidence issue with Walker. I was looking at his goals last season and this season on YouTube and they were well taken. If he can recapture his mojo then we may have a decent player on our hands. He just has to put his head down, work really hard and get back to basics to win back the trust of everyone.
I think he can put chances away, the problem is if he's not getting the chances then his head drops and with his naturally languid style he's less likely to get in the positions to get the chances (or even get picked in the first place) and the problem intensifies.

That's the problem with players like Walker - if they're not getting the goals they don't add anything else to the team. I think that's why fans like players that work hard, because even if they're having a stinker they're trying to contribute in some way. With players like Walker you can normally tell within 15-20 minutes if you may as well bring him off.

no_loyalty

Let’s hope he has a decent pre season and gets his confidence back, as can’t see anybody wanting to sign him.

better days

Apparently Walker is on £7k a week...

Poor bugger having to read that
I honestly don't think Walker is lazy but he seems to lack the ability to do the unexpected
He makes plenty of runs but maybe they're predictable and not difficult to defend against
And of course the longer strikers go without scoring the less confident and anxious they become

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Poor bugger having to read that
I honestly don't think Walker is lazy but he seems to lack the ability to do the unexpected
He makes plenty of runs but maybe they're predictable and not difficult to defend against
And of course the longer strikers go without scoring the less confident and anxious they become
I don't think he's lazy either, but I don't think he adds anything to our team if he's not getting on the end of chances either.

SlowerThanPlatt

He needs to get his act together over the summer, wouldn’t be the first player who showed some promise to fade into obscurity.

long way home

To improve the squad both he and Waghorn need to be moved on. The only problem with that is neither are performing to the level which attracts club to compete with current contracts they are on. They have the right to sit it out and take the money,

It puts club in a bad position which will probably end up with us having to take a loss at some point. It just hasn't worked out and we need toove on and look at a better quality of player.

better days

To improve the squad both he and Waghorn need to be moved on. The only problem with that is neither are performing to the level which attracts club to compete with current contracts they are on. They have the right to sit it out and take the money,

It puts club in a bad position which will probably end up with us having to take a loss at some point. It just hasn't worked out and we need toove on and look at a better quality of player.
Waghorn is contributing
There will be takers for him, possibly on loan

Skybluebeliever

I think both will moved on with loans , if we can get 50% to 60% of their wages covered , this frees up a decent amount to bring in a young striker .From my understanding both players want to play and Vik and Godden above them so will be looking to move on

Colin Steins Smile

Yes I do not think the club will look to sell , he will be too hard to replace , unless a really high bid comes in , I think hamer will be the one
Alternatively, I could see a serious bid being made for Sheaf. My understanding is he’s being tracked by a number of clubs including one from PL

Users who are viewing this thread