Walker (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

He feels like the odd one out at the moment and must be frustrated being 4th choice with 5 minute cameos here and there.

Odd as I rate him but have we moved away from a style that suits him and would it be sensible to try and cash in on him in Jan?

He moved here to get first team football so I could see him being tempted by Hull/Posh or Sunderland/Pompey.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

He feels like the odd one out at the moment and must be frustrated being 4th choice with 5 minute cameos here and there.

Odd as I rate him but have we moved away from a style that suits him and would it be sensible to try and cash in on him in Jan?

He moved here to get first team football so I could see him being tempted by Hull/Posh or Sunderland/Pompey.
No
No
No

stupot07

I dont think we can afford to offload unless we bring in a replacement. We play 2 up top now, 1 injury or covid you're literally have 1 striker on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Like most players he’ll want first team football but there’s three (IMO) better strikers ahead of him. However, we need the depth and he needs to fight for a place. It’s a long season, he may get a chance through injury or suspension… I wouldn’t move him on

CCFC54321

Doesn’t work hard enough to be a regular start. Good finisher thought but doesn’t fit how we play at the moment.

would cash in if we could get are money back.

SAJ

If he gets a decent run and can keep off the physio’s table I think he will end up playing a key role for the team.

South West Sky Blue

I know this could be considered heresy by some and my opinion could change, but…… I’d be tempted to have Walker ahead of Godden.
Like that Waghorn appears more to have an all round game so to me is best as a 2nd striker. Walker and Godden are better finishers IMO than Waghorn.

cc84cov

I just find it hilarious that this season after gyokores has established as no 1.

The other 3 have rotated in popularity or choice on a game by game basis.

We have 4 good strikers all have different styles attributes and we need them all.

Walkers chance will come.
When the chance comes he needs to be taking it the others are doing their bit but your right his chance will come with injuries etc

slowpoke

Depending on the injury situation and form in January I think Walker might move on because he could be unsettled and sought after. I do like him but if cashing in on him gives MR some power in the transfer market that might dictate things. But things can change in football sometimes out of the blue, take Matty Godden today his performance has surely moved him to second choice behind Gyo.

shmmeee

Depending on the injury situation and form in January I think Walker might move on because he could be unsettled and sought after. I do like him but if cashing in on him gives MR some power in the transfer market that might dictate things. But things can change in football sometimes out of the blue, take Matty Godden today his performance has surely moved him to second choice behind Gyo.

Because he had one good half?

stay_up_skyblues

Odd we always need to cash in or move on players who have had a run on the bench. As is proven season in, season out, we need a squad of players. Walker is one of four strikers and we play two up top. He will get plenty of football and play his part this season. Most would have moved Jamie Allen on when he wasn’t starting which would have left us short.

Any interest in Walker in jan would be coming from the bottom five clubs at best anyway and they’re not stumping up the money mid-season. Even if he did go, do we want an unproven Tavares potentially coming in for a run of what may be crucial games?

Skybluedownunder

We need strength in depth, our problem in seasons before is we don’t have depth when someone is injured. I’m liking all the options we have when someone picks up a suspension or an injury. Once you’ve got the shirt, earn the right to keep it. Your time will come but make the most of it when you get it like Allen has done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brylowes

I really hope that he is frustrated, it’s a long season ahead and everyone in the squad is likely to be called upon sooner or late.
Hopefully when he gets his chance he grabs it with both hands and makes feeling frustrated bye being left out someone else’s problem.

harvey098

I thought Walker would be a regular starter this season (and I thought Gyok would be fourth choice lol). Feel for him a bit but I’m sure he’ll play his part. Still a very decent finisher.

CovBrummie94

Waghorn still second choice for me. Godden a close 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

From one decent half? No way; Waghorn will be ahead of Godden still.

Users who are viewing this thread