Walker to pompey (1 Viewer)

False9

On loan.

According to Sky's Pete O'Rourke...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Doesn’t make sense unless it’s to free up wages for another signing
If he's unhappy hardly playing and getting a couple of minutes here and there, with Waghorn nearing fitness he might become even more dissillusioned. Better to not have someone hanging around who doesn't want to be here and let the guy get some games and, hopefully, goals.

But I would hope the money would be used to fill a squad position (preferably AM)

SBT

Don't really understand why we spent all that money in the summer on a fourth striker if we were just going to farm one out on loan now.

Decent chance that Walker never plays for us again, but I'd probably prefer to keep him on the books for the next couple of years than Waghorn.

Ccfcisparks

Don't really understand why we spent all that money in the summer on a fourth striker if we were just going to farm one out on loan now.

Decent chance that Walker never plays for us again, but I'd probably prefer to keep him on the books for the next couple of years than Waghorn.
We spent all that money because last year we struggled at times to even have 1 fit striker?

Jamieb87ccfc

I can only imagine we are either bringing someone better in or Robins wants to give Tavares more time and is freeing up wages for another area of the pitch. I am pleased with Bidwell but we still need another Attacking Midfielder and if Walker does go maybe a 4th striker.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am fine with Walker going, but only if we are going to sign an AM. We desperately need one, and we can make do without Walker if that was the case. Will be good for him to go somewhere else and get some game time anyway.

If Bidwell and an AM came in, but Walker went out, I would be pretty happy with that business.

PVA

Expensive luxury to have him sat on the bench getting 5 mins here and there.

He's clearly 4th choice so I'm guessing they see Tavares as capable enough of a couple of 2 or 3 mins cameos when needed.

Obviously if we suddenly lose two of Godden/Gyo/Waghorn to injury then we're a bit fucked.

SBT

We spent all that money because last year we struggled at times to even have 1 fit striker?

That's not really as big a problem as it sounds when you routinely play with one up front. I'm all for beefing up the squad, but when one of your most expensive signings of the last two years has to go out on loan because you can't even fit a fourth striker on the bench, is that a particularly good use of our limited resources?

NorthernWisdom

I dunno, he obviously wants to be playing more, the manager doesn't agree with that!

So, he goes on loan, gets his wish, shows what he can do and either proves the manager wrong for next season, or puts himself in the shop window so he gets a move to a decent club, and we get a decent fee.

Hoofhearted

I am fine with Walker going, but only if we are going to sign an AM. We desperately need one, and we can make do without Walker if that was the case. Will be good for him to go somewhere else and get some game time anyway.

If Bidwell and an AM came in, but Walker went out, I would be pretty happy with that business.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Jamie Paterson as an AM, not happy with contract on offer from Swansea and supposedly refused to play at the weekend. Although I'm not sure we particularly want someone who thinks refusing to play is a good idea!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Show us your evidence.

You remind me of covcity4life before he grew up. You add very little of any value and just attempt to troll and wind people up, but it is predictable and boring.

In fact, you must have one of the lowest mental ages on this forum, which is quite an achievement.

Didn´t you say we should sell Godden the other day before deleting your posts? Embarrassing.

Sick Boy

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Jamie Paterson as an AM, not happy with contract on offer from Swansea and supposedly refused to play at the weekend. Although I'm not sure we particularly want someone who thinks refusing to play is a good idea!
Why would you want to sign someone who’s refusing to play elsewhere?

pusbccfc

As others have said, a good move if we can use the wages for an attacking midfielder.

A loan works well as I still think he could have a future here and being able to recall him is vital.

It's just a shame with such a tiny squad, we can't keep hold of players like Walker as a back up if we have Covid issues.

AOM

Shame, but guess he's not going to get his match sharpness back sitting on the bench here so probably for the best.
Hopefully not the last we've seen of him

steve cooper

Walker has been unlucky here, Gyo's early form and Godden's form now is keeping him out.
To be honest I don't think he really suits the style of play we aspire to, high energy pressing, but he is a good player who will do well in the right circumstances.

RegTheDonk

Signing players, deciding they are surplus, then loaning them out.

We're either skint or becoming a big club 😉

SkyBlueSoul

He was shown the door last summer apparently but still missed it

Users who are viewing this thread