Transfer Rumour Walker to Lincoln (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

He’s finished here we know this...

No idea why robins chased him for 2 years parting with a reported £1m tbh

higgs

He's a proven goal scorer in league one if we didn't get promoted to the championship when we did Walker and Godden would have been seen as the pair to fire us back to the championship

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatso

Well no it’s coming from optimistic Lincoln fans who see he isn’t getting much look in here
Unfortunately, when we have a full squad to choose from, he's fourth choice striker.
And with MR reverting to 1 up top away from home (on occasions) he's not even guaranteed a place on the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if he looked to get away in January to further his career, but I think he will get a championship club.

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s way too good for that level surely?. He’d walk into our squad and be one of the better options up front.
This as to be bollox
Unfortunately, when we have a full squad to choose from, he's fourth choice striker.
And with MR reverting to 1 up top away from home (on occasions) he's not even guaranteed a place on the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if he looked to get away in January to further his career, but I think he will get a championship club.

He'll do that and score plenty and some other club will make the profit we didn't.

stupot07

Problem is we often play with 2 up top, if anyone injured (like waghorn has been) then selling Walker and not bringing in a replacement means we have no other striker.

People will say Tavares, but I would rather he's pushed himself into contension because he is too good to leave out and a better option than one of the 4 strikers, than have to play because we have no one else.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Problem is we often play with 2 up top, if anyone injured (like waghorn has been) then selling Walker and not bringing in a replacement means we have no other striker.

People will say Tavares, but I would rather he's pushed himself into contension because he is too good to leave out and a better option than one of the 4 strikers, than have to play because we have no one else.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Up front is one of the few parts of the pitch where we have some actual depth. Seems to me some people forget that you need more than 11 players and a bench to last a whole season in this league

Offhegoes

Both Godden and Walker are good finishers but Godden is more physical and offers more for the team. Never been sold on Tyler to be honest, and he didn’t make it at Forest in the Championship, and I don’t think he’ll make it here. No doubt he’ll score goals in League 1, but if we can make some money on him, I’d move him on. Godden, Gyks,Waghorn, Tavares should keep us competitive this season.

Liquid Gold

Well no it’s coming from optimistic Lincoln fans who see he isn’t getting much look in here
I had a look on their forum and there wasn't a word about it. It's only come from here.

If I say - Barcelona are going looking at bringing Shipley in so I hear from some Catalan friends - then that has enough weight as this rumour

Brighton Sky Blue

I had a look on their forum and there wasn't a word about it. It's only come from here.

If I say - Barcelona are going looking at bringing Shipley in so I hear from some Catalan friends - then that has enough weight as this rumour

I assumed the OP had seen it on there

SkyblueSC

I wanted him to do well but the biggest thing for me is what others have said. Just doesn’t look like he enjoys it. Fans need to see that.

Possible theories:

being Des’ son has walked him into football from day 1
Living in his dad’s shadow. Chip on shoulder
Has lived wealthy life and not got the hunger / desperation to succeed

covboy9

His old man was an absolute workhorse how does he allow his sun to put in such little effort, I believe he’s good enough to make it in champ but my god needs a rocket up his arse, pitiful efforts from the bench

fatso

His old man was an absolute workhorse how does he allow his sun to put in such little effort, I believe he’s good enough to make it in champ but my god needs a rocket up his arse, pitiful efforts from the bench
Walker's game is playing off the shoulder of the last defender.
Now if we are dominating possession and creating chances, he will look dangerous.
If, however we are struggling to get possession, and we are under the cosh, he looks uninvolved and lazy. That's what some fans don't understand.
Since he's been here he has upped his work rate and started closing defenders down and chasing lost causes etc, but the fact remains he's still fourth choice, and he can't be fourth choice for ever.
His career is drifting away, and he needs a move.

skyblue1991

His old man was an absolute workhorse how does he allow his sun to put in such little effort

9bec9c1b99112589bcd12483a257d98a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rob9872

The one attribute I would've said he stood out in was finishing, but some of his attempts in cameos off the bench lately have been dreadful and his shot at Huddersfield had no conviction at all, looked like a back pass. I'm not seeing enough to suggest he can cut it at this level with any consistency, but I hope if he does stick around that he proves me wrong.

baldy

I wanted him to do well but the biggest thing for me is what others have said. Just doesn’t look like he enjoys it. Fans need to see that.

Possible theories:

being Des’ son has walked him into football from day 1
Living in his dad’s shadow. Chip on shoulder
Has lived wealthy life and not got the hunger / desperation to succeed

Where are you getting these theories from & why? Just because he doesn’t come over to you & has a laugh & a joke before every game?
He doesn’t have to smile at all if he doesn’t want to

no_loyalty

The Cowley brothers were in charge of Lincoln when Walker signed for them. I can’t see Walker going back there with them being near the bottom of league one, however I could see him going to Portsmouth where the Cowley brothers are currently in charge.

Liquid Gold

The Cowley brothers were in charge of Lincoln when Walker signed for them. I can’t see Walker going back there with them being near the bottom of league one, however I could see him going to Portsmouth where the Cowley brothers are currently in charge.
Pompey are a strange club at the moment. It’s hard to believe they finally got out of L2 when we were relegated to it and now we’re in our second championship season while they are still knocking around mid-table L1.

slowpoke

Good shout, but I don’t see Walker for example leaving unless there is someone lined up to come in.

Users who are viewing this thread