Walker and Godden (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Who else thinks When these 2 are fully fit and play up top together.(Surely they will)?

We have more than enough ammunition to keep us up.

Seen very promising signs from Walker last few games.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes. Robins said as much before the first game Godden and Biamou were paired together - Walker happened to be not fit.

Londonccfcfan

Robins doesn't favor 2 strikers, surely he has to Play 2 when Godden is fit.

My fear is Shipley will be still be favoured over one of the strikers.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why did he play last night at least Juggy can return the boots he bought him as unused.

I saw that Shipley girlfriend was defending him on Twitter this morning

Sky Blue Harry H

Why did he play last night at least Juggy can return the boots he bought him as unused.

I saw that Shipley girlfriend was defending him on Twitter this morning

May be difficult, but players and girlfriends/wives should stay off social media - it can be poisonous. Shippers didn't really get involved yesterday and when we are slightly struggling fans will always look at who is not performing. I think Jordan's problem is that you don't get many consistent 7/10 Performances from him, like you do from a Kelly or a Hyam. He is still young though, and come a long way in a short time. Having watched Cardiff and Millwall today, every player scrapped for the ball, and that is where Jordan doesn't always look comfortable. although he has really good technique and links play cleverly when he is on song.

Terry Gibson's perm

May be difficult, but players and girlfriends/wives should stay off social media - it can be poisonous. Shippers didn't really get involved yesterday and when we are slightly struggling fans will always look at who is not performing. I think Jordan's problem is that you don't get many consistent 7/10 Performances from him, like you do from a Kelly or a Hyam. He is still young though, and come a long way in a short time. Having watched Cardiff and Millwall today, every player scrapped for the ball, and that is where Jordan doesn't always look comfortable. although he has really good technique and links play cleverly when he is on song.

He still doesn’t look fit enough and gets overpowered in midfield

Mucca Mad Boys

We played 2 striker in L2 and our first season in L1...

Against Fleetwood, we switched to 5-3-2 that turned our season around - injuries forced us to adapt ‘the box’ formation’.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Looking forward to seeing them play together and develop an understanding. Hoping fans don’t judge their partnership after one game, or even one half. They look like they might quite suit each other to me, Walkers cross along the six yard area yesterday was just begging for Godden to tap it in.

Sick Boy

Walker looks decent, glad that we have him...we really do need to focus on getting in a couple of strikers in the summer, regardless of which league we’re in, especially as Baka seems to have been bombed out.

87 n all that

He only started playing in midfield for us last season and like you said has come a long way in a short space of time. Tackling is not his strong point and like most of our team can have a good game then a few shit ones. There’s always a chance of a goal from him because his finishing is pretty good. Looked foooked yesterday when he got subbed which isn’t surprising because he was out for a bit.

Warwickhunt

Moaning about people being nice to her and then slagging him off, it’s been deleted now I think. He was poor last night
Mccallum never had one outlet ball up the left side all the while until Shippers went off and then it opened up for him.

87 n all that

If the two are Godden and Walker then I think he’ll go for it. Walker looks good and Godden scored goals before his injury with one chance a game, sometimes playing upfront on his own which is a thankless task. Need him back quick.

AFCCOVENTRY

We are just missing that spark between the midfield and attack. Shipley and O’Hare have been poor this season and struggling with the step up.

87 n all that

That’s the key role if we go 2 upfront and the reality is we don’t have anyone to play that role.
If we stick with 343 with 2 midfielders playing either side of a striker we’ll get nowhere.

Londonccfcfan

We are just missing that spark between the midfield and attack. Shipley and O’Hare have been poor this season and struggling with the step up.

Ohare has had a couple of outstanding games though. Was Brilliant vs QPR and Forest. He ran the show vs Forest and should have had a couple of goals that second effort where he showed quick feet and took a couple of defenders out was brilliant.

I'm not sure what we are expecting of Ohare... he will have average games. But he will get better as season gos on.

cc84cov

Announce Bright 😁 I agree tho we don’t have a player who can link play O’Hare & Shipley currently not close to the level

87 n all that

Ohare has had a couple of outstanding games though. Was Brilliant vs QPR and Forest. He ran the show vs Forest and should have had a couple of goals that second effort where he showed quick feet and took a couple of defenders out was brilliant.

I'm not sure what we are expecting of Ohare... he will have average games. But he will get better as season gos on.
It’s consistency though. Apart from Hyam, Godden and perhaps Hamer (suspension apart), who has backed up anything from game-to-game? Harsh reality of moving up to the Champ where the gap is massive.

87 n all that

Announce Bright 😁 I agree tho we don’t have a player who can link play O’Hare & Shipley currently not close to the level
Bit of a maverick but could possibly do the job linking midfield and strikers. Problem is he’s not done anything since he left us and it looks like he’s had some good opportunities. Is it reached his level or attitude?

87 n all that

Sheaf has been our best midfielder so far. Hamer for what we paid has been disappointing
He’s scored a few though which perhaps covers it up and can deliver a decent corner. Sheaf plays some crazy passes out to opposition players from what I’ve seen but has had some decent games. Jury is out on both. That’s why I want Kelly in. Reliable and consistent (at least in L1 or L2) and covers the defence better.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Sheaf has been our best midfielder so far. Hamer for what we paid has been disappointing
Really? I agree Sheaf has been quality and is underrated by the ‘Facebook crowd’. Wouldn’t say Hamer has been disappointing though. He was fired up to the point of not being able to stay on the pitch for 90 mins when he joined, and he looked the opposite last night. Another one trying to find the balance.

Bear in mind we paid less for him than the likes of Bournemouth would pay for a development player. A lot for us maybe, but not a lot for a player at this level. He was quiet and ineffective in a wider position, but his overall game can be pretty good. Quite surprised you think he’s been disappointing overall.

cc84cov

Really? I agree Sheaf has been quality and is underrated by the ‘Facebook crowd’. Wouldn’t say Hamer has been disappointing though. He was fired up to the point of not being able to stay on the pitch for 90 mins when he joined, and he looked the opposite last night. Another one trying to find the balance.

Bear in mind we paid less for him than the likes of Bournemouth would pay for a development player. A lot for us maybe, but not a lot for a player at this level. He was quiet and ineffective in a wider position, but his overall game can be pretty good. Quite surprised you think he’s been disappointing overall.
Hamer right mid last night reminded me of Paul Telfer 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s still early but I was expecting him to be a bit more polished than what he is.

The chances created stats gets posted often but 6th on the list is Joe Jacobson - it’s heavily skewed by those who take set pieces.

larry_david

Don't even remember Hamer touching the ball last night. Biggest thing shippers did was moan to the ref just so it it looked like he was playing. He looks absolutely fucking terrified of the championship

Londonccfcfan

Hamer has been dissapointing????
Wow. That's your opinion. 2nd most chances created in the whole division.
Ridiculous stat considering he's missed 3 games.

Some of his passing yesterday 40 yard diagonals were ridiculous. Dabo just struggled to do basics of controlling some of them.

He's a class class act. Has everything and is an absolute steal.

Hamer was played out of his position yesterday out on wide right. That system didn't get the best out of anybody.

Will probably be first player out the door if we get relegated for about minimum double or 3/4 times what we paid for him.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hamer has been dissapointing????
Wow. That's your opinion. 2nd most chances created in the whole division.
Ridiculous stat considering he's missed 3 games.

Some of his passing yesterday 40 yard diagonals were ridiculous. Dabo just struggled to do basics of controlling some of them.

He's a class class act. Has everything and is an absolute steal.

Hamer was played out of his position yesterday out on wide right. That system didn't get the best out of anybody.

Will probably be first player out the door if we get relegated for about minimum double or 3/4 times what we paid for him.

Joe Jacobson of Wycombe who’s a left back is 6th for chances created

Users who are viewing this thread