Walkabout - Wolverhamton last saturday (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

I do the foodservice for walkabout pubs amongst others and I'm in the one in wolvo most weeks. Before the game last week the manager and staff had been told to expect big numbers by police etc. I went in this week, expecting some banter as they know i'm cov, and the manager told me that they have never had so many fans in the pub in her 3 years working there. She said the behaviour was impeccable, after everyone had left the staff were all saying how polite everyone was. As it's the designated away pub, some weeks they have to put up with some right idiots as I'm sure you can imagine. The duty manager Bree said Coventry fans were a credit to their club and City. If she is still there when CCFC play at wolves again she said a free buffet will be laid on for City fans. Just thought I'd mention it on here. Credit where its due and all that.

slyblue57

Nice to hear. I was in the Hogs Head as the Walkabout was packed. Hogs Head was supposedly Wolves only but had no bother and a nice chat with some Wolves lads. Have nt seen or heard of any away day pre match trouble as yet.

SkyBlueBlood2

I was in there after the game. No draught beer of any kind and only cider in bottles was a bit shite for a big chain bar like walkabout.

Norman Binns

It's nice to hear positive feedback and a nice gesture to lay on a buffet next time. Can you tell them to ensure draught beer is available next time though? The time bar staff spent opening bottles and then pouring the contents into plastic glasses was exasperating. It took me 30 mins plus to get my first drink! I'm surprised a few tempers didn't fray but full credit to city fans.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

They had to go to get more beer brought up from the birmingham walkabout.....city fans drank it dry

SkyblueBazza

Brilliant feedback. It's nice to make a positive difference to other's lives - makes you feel good! If only everyone did it...always.

Sba180

i was in the goose which was home fans only but got in before the bouncers got there. kept a low profile and had no trouble. although did kindly get asked to leave molineux by some dingle, who didn't really appreciate me cheering our goal in their end. whoops

LB87ccfc

Excellent feedback although I was in there from 11am ( after being in the spoons for 9am) and there was only a max of 40 cov in there all day, as the majority was kept over in the Litten Tree in Coventry by the transport police.

No trouble pre match, however, there was trouble in Birmingham after the game with West Brom.. one Baggie pulled out a blade and managed to cut open a Coventry fan's hand.. so much for idiots not carrying weapons these days, terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread