Walk-on music at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

"No Limits" by 2 Unlimited.

wingy

" Buck Rogers" ........Feeder. A nice little plug for Jaguar there as well ,might get some sponsorship out of it.

SkyBlueScottie

My entry to the "write your own competition"

Another day and hope is here..
together we march without any fear,
No defeat, no pain or hurt,
Fight for the right to wear the shirt
a glorious day whatever the weather
the journey better when we march together,
the road is long, but we'll have our day
play with passion and spirit - the sky blue way !

(To the tune of Sesame Street)

I have just wet myself at the bemused faces of the away fans as they think we come out to Sesame Street.....

WillieStanley

http://youtu.be/y4AelQt5Fv0

You might lose your faith in science.
You might lose faith in wealth.
You might lose your faith in Jesus,
or lose faith in yourself.

But, when I let you down,
look past your doubt.
Just, please, please,
don't lose your faith in me.

You could lose faith in music,
or lose faith in your friends.
You could lose your faith in breathing,
feel trapped in your own skin.

Oh, but I'll be right there beside you,
when the walls are caving in.
Oh, I'm not going anywhere.
look past your doubt.
Just please, please,
Please don't lose your faith in me.

Oh,Oh,oh....
I'm not going anywhere.
look past your doubt.
Just please, please,
Please don't lose your faith in me.

I'm not going anywhere.

Nonleagueherewecome

"Wind Of Change" by The Scorpions. Upbeat, eh?

spwaverley4916

it aint what you do it's the way that you do it _ fun boy 3 ( well they were local to an extent and it does mention results!!!)

skyblueman

Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

Bugger I am stuck in the eighties ... wish the fecking team was

Last edited:

Tonylinc

I know that we are all making light of this BUT I really do think that it makes a difference. I noted a few years ago (I am unable to attend games at the moment) that whenever they played Chumba Wumba prior to the game we never lost. Make of that what you will.

ampthill_sba

It would just be good if we could all sing a song together in unison when the players come out and create a wall of sound to cause the hairs on the back of the necks of our players to stand up and feel that there is passion for their success....

Nonleagueherewecome

"Nothing Ever Happens", Del Amitri.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and someone once told me that Lt. Pigeon have a Coventry connection, so given the general financial oblivion that surrounds us, it has to be "Mouldy Old Dough".

bamalamafizzfazz

Does anyone think it shouldn't be Mr Blue Sky? This song takes me back to Highfield Rd and what I consider great times of being in the Premiership. Gets me excited even now.

If we were to get anal about goal music then have the tune the fans sing anyway along to the drum. Don't know what it is called but it was the theme music for France '98.

The worse one for me was playing Temper Trap after the game. Usually after we lost what a depressing song.

Finally, my own personal opinion but all of this is pretty irrelevant as we have one of the worst PA systems I have heard at a football stadium. It just sounds so cheap and tinny and was very clearly low on budgeting priorities when it was built. Obviously it would not be improved now so we need to drown out that horrible sound and sing the Sky Blue Song at the top of our voices like we used to at the start of every game!
Does anyone agree?

Ever since Mr Blue Sky has been played City have gone waaaaaay down hill. When we played 'Be Somebody' we were playing decent football and we had a realistic chance of staying up. I'm not saying our decline is due to the music, but this song sounds cheap and its bloody awful. We need to go back to 'Be Somebody' because its a good song, its an inspiring song and it was sung by a band from the land of the Sky Blues :)

Users who are viewing this thread