Wake up, lads. (1 Viewer)

A few things that some seem to be missing on here:

SISU want to buy the Ricoh.

That will cost approx £40m?

Their accounts show assets of under £1m.

SISU are not buying the Ricoh, there are a bunch of faceless investors buying the Ricoh via loans....a bit like how the Glaziers purchased Man Ure?

All monies generated (not a lot judging by Ricoh's own accounts!) will go back to the 'investors'.

Therefore, whether SISU or their capitalist leeches mates buy the Ricoh or not, all they will be doing is mortgaging it to the hilt...and any monies raised will not be seen by the footballing side of the operation (if there is one?!).

Of course the Higgs lot want to sell, they want their money to move onto other things, but the Council cannot have such a short-term view. If this went belly-up with SISU (and their track record ain't great, is it?) who would pick up the pieces?

Yup...the people of Coventry....!

Sell the Ricoh to Joy and the Boys? You must be facking mad!!!! :jerkit:

Last edited:

CJparker

Not sure - presumably it would be in CCFC's name, so all the profits would go to the club? But yes, those profits then get creamed back to the investors...

Loughborough Sky Blue

Assets mean nothing in a company like sisu. They are an investment vehicle for wealthy people. All they do is take those peoples money and invest it for them.

Any money they use to purchase the Ricoh would be an investment from their clients, not from sisu themselves.

dongonzalos

That I have to say, is why I agree with the councils stance. I just hope they get these or similar conditions.

1) all revenue from stadium has to go back into Ccfc
2) hotel has to be built within 2 years
3) council maintains power to veto any future sale of their share by sisu.

If the council force sisu To abide by these conditions coventry city football club could become an awesome club.

I would encourage anyone who cares to email their view on this to cllr mutton. Even though he gives generic replies he does read them.

Well worth letting him know cov fans may not trust sisu but such a deal maybe acceptable

Assets mean nothing in a company like sisu. They are an investment vehicle for wealthy people. All they do is take those peoples money and invest it for them.

Any money they use to purchase the Ricoh would be an investment from their clients, not from sisu themselves.

Agreed, but the bottom line is that whether the Ricoh is 100%, 50% or 1% owned by 'the people that SISU know, but we don't know, but will be buying the Ricoh, with money we don't know where it is coming from, and have no guarantees where this money will go'......NONE OF THIS MONEY WILL SUPPORT THE CLUB......and therefore, the purchase of the Ricoh is irrelevant to the future of our club.

Whilst SISU are here, CCFC are fooked. End of.

Cllr Mutton is getting slated on here for asking the question that ALL CCFC fans should be asking....IF SISU GET THEIR THIEVING MITTS ON ALL/PART OF THE RICOH WILL THIS HELP CCFC....and anyone with half a brain, or a history stretching back to December 2007 knows that while there is a hole in my arse, our club is fooked under these people.

Saviours? Yes, for wealthy investors.

That I have to say, is why I agree with the councils stance. I just hope they get these or similar conditions.

1) all revenue from stadium has to go back into Ccfc
2) hotel has to be built within 2 years
3) council maintains power to veto any future sale of their share by sisu.

If the council force sisu To abide by these conditions coventry city football club could become an awesome club.

I would encourage anyone who cares to email their view on this to cllr mutton. Even though he gives generic replies he does read them.

Well worth letting him know cov fans may not trust sisu but such a deal maybe acceptable

I disagree, Dongy......can SISU be trusted?

How much bullshit have we heard previously?

Do they stick to their word?

On that I agree, Dongy.....how anyone can trust these people with what they have done...let alone say....in the last 4 and a half years is beyond me.

Hence why my opinion of Thorny has gone down in recent weeks...he must be deluded or desperately want a pay packet, no matter how shitty the circumstances.

Keep your list handy, Andy!!!!! :thinking about:

I'd add a fourth clause Dongozalos: That the stadium, or Sisu's share of it, may not be mortgaged or used as security on a loan or debt.

Absolutely...because that is how these wankers will get their hands on the Ricoh.

They will take the profits, whatever they may be, and simply manage the Ricoh like they have CCFC.

'History is the key, it tells you the future, not mere words muttered by failed individuals' ......what do we all know of SISU's history?

dongonzalos

On that I agree, Dongy.....how anyone can trust these people with what they have done...let alone say....in the last 4 and a half years is beyond me.

Hence why my opinion of Thorny has gone down in recent weeks...he must be deluded or desperately want a pay packet, no matter how shitty the circumstances.

Keep your list handy, Andy!!!!! :thinking about:

I have mixed views on that. If they are saying to him we think you are doing a great job, despite the situation we are putting you in. It would be a big gamble for him to quit the club where the board support him. Then hope to pick up another job. Maybe he would be better not making any comments other than discussing tactics and the players he currently has. I am not one who agrees with those who say should quit a job on principal though like others have suggested.

But i agree with you talking about targets seems a bit futile. Maybe he should say I have rd the owners what I need and who I want. It is over to them now to deliver

cloughie

A few things that some seem to be missing on here:

SISU want to buy the Ricoh.

That will cost approx £40m?

Their accounts show assets of under £1m.

SISU are not buying the Ricoh, there are a bunch of faceless investors buying the Ricoh via loans....a bit like how the Glaziers purchased Man Ure?

All monies generated (not a lot judging by Ricoh's own accounts!) will go back to the 'investors'.

Therefore, whether SISU or their capitalist leeches mates buy the Ricoh or not, all they will be doing is mortgaging it to the hilt...and any monies raised will not be seen by the footballing side of the operation (if there is one?!).

Of course the Higgs lot want to sell, they want their money to move onto other things, but the Council cannot have such a short-term view. If this went belly-up with SISU (and their track record ain't great, is it?) who would pick up the pieces?

Yup...the people of Coventry....!

Sell the Ricoh to Joy and the Boys? You must be facking mad!!!! :jerkit:

At last !!!!!!

Your saying what I have been saying for ages, and i was beginning to think i was the only one who could see these leaches for what they are

torchomatic

I don't think SISU are unique in this. The same will happen when/if Hoffman takes over. He hasn't got the cash, his ''investors'' have. They will want returns, they won't be giving us bundles of cash because Hoff happens to be a City fan. They will want something back. Remember how desperate Hoff was to keep those investors "faceless" and unknown?

The important question is do we want our current faceless investors or Hoff's faceless investors. You mentioned the Glaziers; Utd are half a billion in the red.

Only a stupid billionaire is the answer.

Last edited:

wingy

And there is one backing up Joy .Trouble is she was the one propping up SISU through this season,then in march she said not a penny more,same time as the ARVO debenture was set against the club.The name of this individual i don't know but joy's other career is as a ""MANAGER"
with HUNTSMAN INDUSTRIAL /ADVANCED MATERIALS.This individual is the wife of the man @ the top of this conglomerate,an $11B.a yr business
first quarter profits this year circa $400m. .I do believe we saw published somewhere that they are tied to one of the five funds ,on here i think
affraid i don't remember the thread.SO is this where the money will come from ,is this Joy using her social connections to try and get some return for her colleagues,imagine her stock is pretty low with them now ,they will want a return.LBB you're very late to the party ,this is why we were all protesting ,their history will show us the future ,there is nothing benign about them.

Tank Top

I disagree, Dongy......can SISU be trusted?

How much bullshit have we heard previously?

Do they stick to their word?
"A big NO on all counts"
36_1_30.gif

J

Jack Griffin

And there is one backing up Joy .Trouble is she was the one propping up SISU through this season,then in march she said not a penny more,same time as the ARVO debenture was set against the club.The name of this individual i don't know but joy's other career is as a ""MANAGER"
with HUNTSMAN INDUSTRIAL /ADVANCED MATERIALS.This individual is the wife of the man @ the top of this conglomerate,an $11B.a yr business
first quarter profits this year circa $400m. .I do believe we saw published somewhere that they are tied to one of the five funds ,on here i think
affraid i don't remember the thread.SO is this where the money will come from ,is this Joy using her social connections to try and get some return for her colleagues,imagine her stock is pretty low with them now ,they will want a return.LBB you're very late to the party ,this is why we were all protesting ,their history will show us the future ,there is nothing benign about them.

I don't think she is married into the Huntsman dynasty, though I believe she is a protegee of Jon Huntsman Sr.
Another Jon Huntsman was a Republican Candidate & formerly govenor of Utah (guess the religion folks) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.

I think this is her wedding notice http://www.nytimes.com/1994/05/01/style/weddings-joy-v-seppala-w-j-florence-3d.html

Last edited by a moderator:

wingy

Confusion in the way i wrote it Jack,The individual being huntsmans wife.Good head up for the Wiki stuff.Pennsylvania state university features alot does,nt it ,they're certainly no smallfry,wonder how many wives he's got though.;)

Wingy, I've been questioning these pricks since early 2008...ever since they used their bully boy tactics to get the shares they needed ask anyone who was on the CET forum....never been late to any party, old boy...:facepalm:

I don't think SISU are unique in this. The same will happen when/if Hoffman takes over. He hasn't got the cash, his ''investors'' have. They will want returns, they won't be giving us bundles of cash because Hoff happens to be a City fan. They will want something back. Remember how desperate Hoff was to keep those investors "faceless" and unknown?

The important question is do we want our current faceless investors or Hoff's faceless investors. You mentioned the Glaziers; Utd are half a billion in the red.

Only a stupid billionaire is the answer.

I agree, Torchy...but SISU have run their course.

RR stated a 4-year plan...that is now dead in the water.

Whoever comes in next can do no worse than what SISU have done in the last 2-3 years.

Yes, a stupid billionaire is needed...however, they are seduced by the SKY-loving Premier League...not many takers for 'on their knees' L1 club, I suspect.....:thinking about:

torchomatic

Well, let's hope when eventually someone is stupid enough to take us on that we aren't jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

cloughie

Well, let's hope when eventually someone is stupid enough to take us on that we aren't jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Whose ever pan we end up in it counldn't get any hotter than the sisu furnace of melt down

Users who are viewing this thread