Waggott's been a success at City! (4 Viewers)

SonOfSnoz

Have to say, been impressed with SW. How much is he involved in Presley's young team?
Comes across very well in the media & like the way he distants himself from the politics!
Seems a really nice chap!

Don't know too much about him to be honest Snoz, but he brought Robbins in and he did ok until he left and now Pressley seems to be getting the youngsters ticking, so yes on my limited knowledge, I have to agree he's not done too bad.

CJ_covblaze

He's a down to earth bloke that is trying his best. Seems to know what he's doing too.

SonOfSnoz

Exactly, brough Robins here, now Pressley doing as good!
Unlike Ranson's Coleman & Deluded's Thorn.
Plus SP's had the most to deal with!

sportbilly

Yes, agreed. He did well getting Robbins in and so far so good with Pressley. Both appointments were handled well and thoroughly researched.

he seems to be very consistent, and rightful distances himself from the nonsense that has engulfed our club...

Pete in Portugal

Have to say, been impressed with SW. How much is he involved in Presley's young team?
Comes across very well in the media & like the way he distants himself from the politics!
Seems a really nice chap!

I agree. On the evidence available, I must admit that Steve Waggot appears to have done a good job in very challenging circumstances. In my opinion, he seems a more likeable human being than his unmentionable boss. Also very impressed with the achievements of Gregor Rioch and the Academy coaches.

Incidentally, I believe SP's 'youth player' approach is more appropriate under FFP rules than DR's 'loan player' strategy. Obviously, it also potentially increases the value of our own players. Something which Sisu will no doubt be aware of. Having said that, we clearly need more experience and depth in certain positions. And SP may have to resort to loans, depending on the timing of bomb squad players moving on.

Pete in Portugal

So he's not 'Faggott' anymore?

Well unfortunately it was me who first coined the switched the first letters of the two names. I wasn't that proud of it really, given the homophobic connotations, so happy to say he's back to being Steve Waggot as far as I'm concernerd.

Steve.B50

Waggot comes over well, just hope he does not change when he becomes a Director. Spends a lot of time with Fisher and that not a good sign.

jesus-wept

Yes he plays the nice guy well sort of good cop, bad cop. Clever at saying what people want to hear, but don't forget his function here is to sell players for sisu for more money than they have to spend to replace them. As we speak he will be hawking the likes of Clarke, Christie and anyone else who can makes his employers a quick buck.

we have won 2 games out of our 1st 4

Without the 10 pt deduction we would now be in 6th place, i.e the playoffs and have scored more league goals than anyone in the division. 2 wins out of 4? If we're talking about averages, that would give us 69 points for the season, a few draws would take that up to 75 or 80pts for the season. How many points made the play offs last season? Not bad considering the pessimists are tipping us for relegation. Some people will never be satisfied

ccfcway

Without the 10 pt deduction we would now be in 6th place, i.e the playoffs and have scored more league goals than anyone in the division. 2 wins out of 4? If we're talking about averages, that would give us 69 points for the season, a few draws would take that up to 75 or 80pts for the season. How many points made the play offs last season? Not bad considering the pessimists are tipping us for relegation. Some people will never be satisfied

there is a real difference between "satisfied" and...

"all hail waggott"
"will Preslley do "a robins""
"what happens when we get to the prem, Northampton wont be big enough"

etc etc

Sisued

ccfcway you seem almost gutted that cov are doing ok on the pitch.
Im gutted we had to move out of Cov to start playing decent footie.
Ive also seen City start well before so im not about to start proclaiming Waggott or pressley as the messiah just yet.

there is a real difference between "satisfied" and...

"all hail waggott"
"will Preslley do "a robins""
"what happens when we get to the prem, Northampton wont be big enough"

LOL, I said "he's not done to bad", Hardly hailing him. IF and when we get to the premiership, never mind not being big enough, Sixfields won't be up to premiership standards. Remember Blackpool? They had to play their first few games away while Broomfield Road was upgraded.

etc etc

jesus-wept

We are doing okay lets leave it at that for now and to use an old football saying take each game as it comes. For some reason every time we put a few results together some of our fans get euphoric about it. I happen to think given time and the tools for the job Steven Pressley will do well for us, I said Steve Pressley by the way not Steve Waggott. As for the latest signings there has been just 2 Webster is obviously a Pressley catch as they were together in Scotland and Mansett who knows but has only played two bit parts so far. But if it pleases and he becomes the next Didier Drogba we can let Waggott claim him as one of his.

ccfcway

ccfcway you seem almost gutted that cov are doing ok on the pitch.

not at all, it just doesn't feel like my team any more, thats what I am gutted about.

Having said that, we have won 2 games though...Its not like its March and we are top 6.

People on here were doubting pressley after the Orient game, blaming him for bomb squad, defensive tactics etcs.

ccfclinney

How can people say he's done better then ranson ..

Ranson - gunnarson, fox , dann, Westwood , cork (loan) , Eastwood (was meant to work out )

Waggot - couple half decent players, but not premiership class

Users who are viewing this thread