Waggott: We have missed our first target (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

The threat from Joy(less) is not keeping us under an embargo but actually shutting the club all together and leaving the City without a team, the Ricoh without an anchor tenant and ACL(the council/Higgs charity) with a huge hole in its revenue. The council realises the value of the team to the City, economically and spiritually and the value of the team to the Ricoh and the potential for the redevelopment of north Coventry. She doesn't give a toss if the fans of some provincial football club hate her - check out her business dealings and her record is not exactly that of a caring philanthropist - all she cares about is minimising the cost to her investors and blackmailing the council is her latest tactic.

Make no mistake the deal on the table is sell SISU the 50% of ACL and reduce the rent or we shut the club and stop losing even more money - they have long given up on recouping their "investments" in full and will simply get what they can from selling any remaining assets - the players and the bag of balls at Ryton - and then get the hell out. Alarmist? No - realistic I'm afraid.

Totally agree that is the overall threat.

However keeping the embargo in place, not submitting the books. Releasing staff and serving redundancy notices. Are all steps on the ladder designed to focus the mind of the Higgs charity and the council whilst negotiations are going on.

She really does seem to be a nasty piece of work. I hope Higgs and the Council ignore her tactics and stick to doing what is right. As painful as that maybe for us.

Bullying tactics should not be rewarded.

Wrenstreetcarpark

Totally agree that is the overall threat.

However keeping the embargo in place, not submitting the books. Releasing staff and serving redundancy notices. Are all steps on the ladder designed to focus the mind of the Higgs charity and the council whilst negotiations are going on.

She really does seem to be a nasty piece of work. I hope Higgs and the Council ignore her tactics and stick to doing what is right. As painful as that maybe for us.

Bullying tactics should not be rewarded.

Totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread