WAGGOTT: We are ready to act... (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Coventry City Development Director Steve Waggott has looked to reassure fans that they are ready to act when the transfer embargo is lifted.

An embargo is currently in place at the club meaning Sky Blues manager Andy Thorn has been unable to bring in new players for the 2012/13 League One campaign.

Waggott, who sat down with Sky Blues Player this week in an exclusive interview, says they are working hard to make sure the club 'doesn't have a standing start' for when the embargo is lifted.

The City Director said: "We have been looking at a whole host of targets and Andy (Thorn) wants to bring in players who will be hungry for success next season.

"We should never forget that Coventry City, despite being in League One, is a huge club. Whenever someone visits the club, they can't help but be impressed by the facilities and the history.

"We have to plan accordingly and you have a chance to get what I call the first group of players which you target. Of course, we can't actually sign anyone until the embargo is lifted so behind the scenes Tim Fisher (Chief Executive) is working really hard to make sure the accounts are filed.

"When everything is done and dusted, we can get the embargo lifted and that would be a huge relief to everyone at the club and the fans.

"It is still business as usual but it is in ever changing circumstances. We can't let things drift like when the embargo is lifted, we say; right we'll go and look for players now.

"It can't be a standing start as me and Andy (Thorn) just wants to get on with the job at hand."

Waggott went on to assure fans that they are working hard to make sure the club can 'reap the rewards' of the hard work next season.

He added: "It is difficult from the communication point of view when the fans will be thinking, what's happening and is anything actually being done.

"Well I can categorically say, yes, there is a lot going on and hopefully we can reap the rewards as soon as the embargo is lifted.

"That needs to be done ASAP. We need to implement the plan which we have discussed and start turning the rhetoric into a reality over the next few weeks."

Sub

more speal and crap to sell tickets to watch a team we havent got :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Last edited:

Ashdown

'Over the next few weeks'...............Is it correct that no accounts by June 2nd means 10 point deduction?..........If it does and we cop for it, that will be another nail in the coffin for ticket sales?!
I fear its just more bullshit from another wheeled out bullshitter, if this so called due dilligence is to take a minimum of 60 days, it will take us up to the brink of the season, by then what squad will we have left??
Its basically more SISU blackmail !!

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm "ready" to give up smoking and get fit: I have no intention of actually doing it.

TheRoyalScam

'Over the next few weeks'...............Is it correct that no accounts by June 2nd means 10 point deduction?..........If it does and we cop for it, that will be another nail in the coffin for ticket sales?!
I fear its just more bullshit from another wheeled out bullshitter, if this so called due dilligence is to take a minimum of 60 days, it will take us up to the brink of the season, by then what squad will we have left??
Its basically more SISU blackmail !!

Just picked up on the 'Over the next few weeks' in this statement, Ashdown..................in my post it refers to the embargo being lifted, and that was 12+ weeks ago!
:blue::blue::blue:

Nonleagueherewecome

Oooh, get how they accentuate how they actually sat down and had a face to face interview with Steve Waggott: see, a real human being, in the flesh: no pre-prepared statement! It kinda loses all meaning when you consider that it was with Sky Blues Player, an official news outlet of the club! He's basically doing an interview with himself and dressing it up as open communication. When all he really says is ~"keep calm & carry on (buying season tickets)".

sky_blue_up_north

I think the keys is 'when the embargo is lifted', that could be December for all we know, useless

cloughie

Ready to act means ready for pretend ,

my grandaughter likes to act in her pretend games

DazzleTommyDazzle

I haven't had a chance to read Waggott's whole statement, so I was wondering if we've "left no stones unturned" again this year?

If so, I can breathe easy at last..........

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
it has all become an amateur pantomime, full of double meaning, poor performers, missed lines, dubious direction, and on the cheap ...... so being ready to act is spot on! :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't want to hear another statement from the club until it's one of the following:

1. The accounts have been filed and approved by the FL and our transfer embargo has been lifted.
2. The club has paid its outstanding rent.
3. Courtesy of (1), the club has signed ________.

Otherwise, I'm not interested. Also:

Wives
And
Girlfriends
Going
On
The
Town

Could this be the action behind the scenes he's talking about? :thinking about:

Sterling Archer

Why release a statement like this? It offers nothing factual, no hints towards when the embargo will be lifted and just gets fans hopes up. He's just making a rod for his own back.

Its quite obviously an ill thought out attempt to shift some more season tickets but surely the board aren't stupid enough to think anyone is going to believe this tripe when we've sold 4 zillion players over the past 12-18 months and not been bothered to replace them.

dadgad

Blind faith makes fans gullible.
However, Sisu ran out of credit a long, long time ago.
This statement is risible.
They really are deluded if they think people will swallow such obvious crap.

Lost for words really. Shut the f##k up until you have something credible to say. Is there another club in the country that is currently being as badly run as ours is? I don't think so. I'm not a violent man but right now I'd be happy to pop one in the faces of these lying, croocked vermin who are destroying not only our football club, but also our supporters passion. Hang em high!

ccfcway

Blind faith makes fans gullible.
However, Sisu ran out of credit a long, long time ago.
This statement is risible.
They really are deluded if they think people will swallow such obvious crap.

people are swallowing it

3500 sold so far, up on last year !

Lord_Nampil

To be fair to him the interview is fairly interesting, something that are not on the site are that players who were signed before the end of September last season do not fall under the 65% bracket (I think this includes Bell and Mcpake) He was fairly honest and i recommend if you have Player you give it a listen, hes only saying what he thinks should happen not what's going to happen!

Nonleagueherewecome

it has all become an amateur pantomime, full of double meaning, poor performers, missed lines, dubious direction, and on the cheap ...... so being ready to act is spot on! :facepalm:

Told you it sounded like a cracking play when you listed the "cast" last night, OSB!

Ashdown

people are swallowing it

3500 sold so far, up on last year !

This means nothing though, its just a bunch of die hards thinking they are making a difference by buying early and showing willing. In truth unless SISU feck off, it probably won't get much more than this. If they do go however, we could easily sell another 5000.

Nonleagueherewecome

To be fair to him the interview is fairly interesting, something that are not on the site are that players who were signed before the end of September last season do not fall under the 65% bracket (I think this includes Bell and Mcpake) He was fairly honest and i recommend if you have Player you give it a listen, hes only saying what he thinks should happen not what's going to happen!

I can see what you mean-we are a bit frisky right now, and ready to jump down the throat of people who talk as if everything's fine..which he kinda does. Problem is-it's not fine, is it? We're not just being cynical. Old hippy saying: "just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not after you!"

And ultimately, if Waggott is going to say "we" are ready to act, he needs to be a little bit more specific. If he means "Andy and me have done all we can, targets are lined up and negotiations completed, we just need the accounts signed off and we will sign 'em up"-that's fine, it's putting clear Sky Blue water between his position and SISU's. But the generic "we" implies that Team SISU are well on-message with what he and Thorn want and their plans. This is clearly not in the least bit true! "Tim Fisher is working hard behind the scenes to get the accounts signed off" is a gem of a statement: unpick what that means if you can..he can work as hard as he wants, but if that merely comes down to "going to SISU with the begging bowl" like Ken did/claims he did, we know the answer already, don't we? And it's not very hard work, actually!

Their claim that the accounts cannot be filed until the budget is agreed for next year is absolute rubbish..........

The budget and last years accounts (well almost 2 years ago now) are not linked.

The only possible reason for delay is that the auditor has noted that the Directors (that's you SISU) are running the club whilst it is insolvent, which is illegal (probably why we have had so many Directors resigning). The only way they could get around this is if they could offer a forecast for next year showing that there is a likelihood of turning the club around financially, hence the sudden rush to buy the Ricoh and develop around it.

SISU have been incurring fines on a monthly basis both from Companies House for late accounts and probably from the Football League. No doubt these debts incurred through their incompetence will be added to the amount they claim to have loaned the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jack Griffin

3500 sod so far, up on last year !

Well I ain't bought one this year & ain't going to.
Has anybody audited that number BTW?

The link between the accounts and next year is the same restriction they had last year, that they have to prove the club can finance itself before last years figures can be signed off.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725#16 I think this covers it, but I can't be arsed to read AND understand, too damn hot..

16.16 By 31st March in each Season, each Championship Club shall submit to the Executive in respect of itself (or if the Championship Club considers it appropriate or the Executive so requests in respect of the Group of which it is a member) future financial information ('Future Financial Information') comprising projected profit and loss accounts, cash flow, balance sheets and relevant explanatory notes commencing from its accounting reference date or, if it has submitted interim accounts pursuant to Regulation 16.11, from the date to which those interim accounts were prepared and expiring on the next accounting reference date after the end of the following Season. The projected profit and loss accounts, cash flow and balance sheets shall be prepared at a maximum of six-monthly intervals.

16.17 The Future Financial Information shall:

16.17.1 be prepared in accordance with the accounting principles adopted in the preparation of the Championship Club's annual accounts (except where the accounting principles and policies are to be changed in the subsequent annual accounts, in which case the new accounting principles and policies should be followed);

16.17.2 be approved in writing by the board of directors of the company to which they relate;

16.17.3 include in the explanatory notes thereto principal assumptions and risks; and

16.17.4 include for comparison profit and loss accounts for the period covered by the Annual Accounts and interim accounts submitted pursuant to Regulation 16.2 and 16.11, a forecast for the current financial year and a balance sheet as at the date of the interim accounts submitted pursuant to Regulation 16.11.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

westcountry_skyblue

As Johnny Rotten said in the last Sex Pistols gig in 1978 in San Fransisco "This is no fun at all,Ever get the feeling youv'e been cheated?"

SkyBlue_Bear83

Their claim that the accounts cannot be filed until the budget is agreed for next year is absolute rubbish..........

The budget and last years accounts (well almost 2 years ago now) are not linked.

The only possible reason for delay is that the auditor has noted that the Directors (that's you SISU) are running the club whilst it is insolvent, which is illegal (probably why we have had so many Directors resigning). The only way they could get around this is if they could offer a forecast for next year showing that there is a likelihood of turning the club around financially, hence the sudden rush to buy the Ricoh and develop around it.

SISU have been incurring fines on a monthly basis both from Companies House for late accounts and probably from the Football League. No doubt these debts incurred through their incompetence will be added to the amount they claim to have loaned the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm probably wrong but I thought the dispute/negotiations over the rent was the reason the accounts couldn't be filed, haven't we withheld 2 months rent?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

with respect the budget is linked to the accounts to be filed because there has to be proof of going concern for at least 12 months from signing the accounts off. A budget or forecast call it what you like will and does form part of that proof. They can produce a budget with or without the Ricoh trouble is I strongly suspect that still leaves a hole in the finances for at least 12 months that SISU have to fill to file accounts or get the Charity shares

Sisu_Cockroaches

Thinking about it the die hards will buy straight away anyway so the figures will probably be the same as last season at this point. Convincing the rest of the fans is not going to happen this year. We will average between 10,000 - 18,000 depending how the team performs with 5000 ish season tickets in my opinion.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not strictly true.

What I said was the accounts are not dependant on the budget, unless they are trading insolvently.

the accounts have to be audited they cant complete the audit without the budget because the auditors have to audit it and the directors have a legal responsibility to produce a budget for at least 12 months after the date the accounts are signed off. Can not be filed without the auditors report, which cannot be signed off unless going concern is confirmed. Of course they need a budget.

Any company that is audited (insolvent or not) is required to prepare a budget and/or other evidence as proof of going concern or the auditor report is required to be qualified. In these circumstances the evidence that can be provided first is the budget because the auditors need it, the directors need it and SISU need it to help prove there is a going concern to back or sign off.

Cant rely on promises of future finance from SISU because they wont give them until they see a budget that says the club could be viable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread