waggott pledge (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Reading the press release by waggott, right at the end he said that 60p of every pound will go to Steven pressley and the team, could he be speaking the truth or more lies

D

Deleted member 4232

I think this was in relation to 'if' we were to take ownership of the ricoh, 60% of income generated will go to presleys team

JulianDarbyFTW

On the Sky Blues Phone-in:

Linnell:
"How does FFP now affect the club, now that you're back at the Ricoh Arena, because the fans contribute to that, don't they, when they buy their tickets?"

Waggott:
"The most simplistic way - although, technically it's slightly different - but I say every pound that's spent on tickets, in the club shop , and we've got a shared position on different revenues with Chris Robinson and ACL, but every pound that comes in, sixty pence goes on the pitch for Stephen Pressley - allows us to go on the pitch - for Stephen Pressley, so it's vital that every element of the club is supported because that makes us more competitive on the pitch."

ccfclinney

Yes season tickets and tickets for games goes to the club that's common knowledge. Still noone knows about the catering though ?

lifelongcityfan

SISU will bank c 1 to 1.5 mill in season ticket sales...lets see if 60 % of that is "invested" in players...Great to be back at the ricoh; but sisu, includung waggot, have a long way to go before I trust them

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Without wishing to be cynical on this but the 1 million plus will be heading straight off to Arvo.

J

Jack Griffin

Without wishing to be cynical on this but the 1 million plus will be heading straight off to Arvo.

Probably.. because that services the loans they made. I guess OSB will find out what has happened assuming he analyses the next club accounts due end Feb.

Sky Blue Kid

On the Sky Blues Phone-in: Linnell: "How does FFP now affect the club, now that you're back at the Ricoh Arena, because the fans contribute to that, don't they, when they buy their tickets?" Waggott: "The most simplistic way - although, technically it's slightly different - but I say every pound that's spent on tickets, in the club shop , and we've got a shared position on different revenues with Chris Robinson and ACL, but every pound that comes in, sixty pence goes on the pitch for Stephen Pressley - allows us to go on the pitch - for Stephen Pressley, so it's vital that every element of the club is supported because that makes us more competitive on the pitch."
Does anyone read this as I do?....."sixty pence goes on the pitch for Stephen Pressley - allows us to go on the pitch - for Stephen Pressley,"......The money is going to pay "Pitch fees" or am I reading it wrong?

Nick

Administrator
Does anyone read this as I do?....."sixty pence goes on the pitch for Stephen Pressley - allows us to go on the pitch - for Stephen Pressley,"......The money is going to pay "Pitch fees" or am I reading it wrong?
I heard it as football money

Sky Blue Kid

To follow up on my last post...It is paying for Police,Stewards, etc. In fact everything, before SP gets any? if any!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick......This is the bit that sticks in my throat.......- allows us to go on the pitch -..........Our owners and their mouth pieces, should be politicians, They disguise their words in a manner that is totally opposite to what they're saying.

skybluejelly

The way I heard it was that under ffp we are allowed to spend 60p in the pound on the players .. Not that we are going to

shmmeee

You're reading it wrong.

He's just talking about FFP (SCMP in case OSB is watching).

Here's the question: is the Jackson signing (and our new CB that's supposed to be coming) from the original wage budget or has it been increased because of the move? Would explain why we didn't sign Jackson earlier.

JulianDarbyFTW

@ Nick......This is the bit that sticks in my throat.......- allows us to go on the pitch -..........Our owners and their mouth pieces, should be politicians, They disguise their words in a manner that is totally opposite to what they're saying.

I had to listen to that part a few times to work out if there was something to read between the lines. His tone of voice didn't change, but he did seem to correct himself to say 'allow us to go on the pitch'. From that I assumed it meant that the 60p contributed to the footballing pot rather than entirely to the team.

rupert_bear

So me, as a pay on the gate fan, paying lets say £25 a match is better than a season ticket holder paying something like £13 a match as I am contributing £15 per game to Steve Pressleys' "on the pitch" activities as opposed to the average season ticket holders 8 quid a game. Always new I was a better supporter than any season ticket holder !!

Noggin

all he is doing is stating the scmp rules and not pledging to invest 60% of any money on players. The weasely words continue unfortunatly.

chiefdave

Its unreasonable to expect 60p in every £ spent to be given directly to SP, we'd have no money left to run the club! For me I'll be happy if money generated is going into the club and not to pay SISU management fees, interest charges, lawyers etc. Of course that is going to be hard to tell until we get this seasons account which will be couple of years down the line.

M&B Stand

The more punters through the door, the bigger the budget at SP's disposal. Ultimately, only results will bring in the fans.

Terry Gibson's perm

The more punters through the door, the bigger the budget at SP's disposal. Ultimately, only results will bring in the fans.

Emotion for a few weeks but then it is down to results and I still believe this squad could see us in a lot of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread