Waggott on twitter (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

"We'll hire the best man we believe is best for the role and can take this club forward. But we need to make it clear we are not in a financial position to be able to hire manager who wants to bring in his own coaching staff. The manager will have to come in and work with Richard Shaw, Lee Carsley and Steve Ogrizovic."

Sounds to me like 1 or 2 candidates are already out of the running. I reckon Wise is out for sure, maybe Wilder as well.

torchomatic

Mmm...not sure why we just can't get rid of our current coaching staff and let the new man bring his own in. Surely, we won't be any worse off that way. The club make it clear that we pay X to our current coaching staff and that's what we'll pay the new staff. We're restricting our choices already by saying they have to work with what we already have.

Clean sweep for me.

smileycov

Facebook User
"We'll hire the best man we believe is best for the role and can take this club forward. But we need to make it clear we are not in a financial position to be able to hire manager who wants to bring in his own coaching staff. The manager will have to come in and work with Richard Shaw, Lee Carsley and Steve Ogrizovic."

Sounds to me like 1 or 2 candidates are already out of the running. I reckon Wise is out for sure, maybe Wilder as well.

i doubt wise will have an issue, he has been out so long he will not really have a team!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mmm...not sure why we just can't get rid of our current coaching staff and let the new man bring his own in. Surely, we won't be any worse off that way. The club make it clear that we pay X to our current coaching staff and that's what we'll pay the new staff. We're restricting our choices already by saying they have to work with what we already have.

Clean sweep for me.
We will have to pay off Shaw, Carsley if we sacked them.

I really hope wise gets it he is greatly needed right now. Dennis, do the right thing and do it quickly as me and literally thousands of others are at our wits end regarding CCFC. It really is a matter of do or die.

torchomatic

Oh yeah, never thought of that! Might be worth it though in the long run.

We will have to pay off Shaw, Carsley if we sacked them.

skybluedaze

That's probably put a third of the candidates off, possibly more. Most managers like to bring in their own backroom staff these days.

Monkeyface

I want to know exactly who is involved in picking the next manager and qualifications they have for the job!

Mucca Mad Boys

Clean sweep for me.

Costs too much, and Carsley, Shaw and Oggy are good staff + totally loyal to CCFC!

torchomatic

SkyBlueScottie

This news is nothing new, and personally I feel its the right way to run a club, invest in your coaches, support them, they in turn have an affinity with the club, they become attached to it, they want to achieve high standards and tolerance of others who dont i given short shrift.

Fisher often talks of the club being "disenfranchised" from the fans, I actually believe the club became disenfranchised with the game a long time ago. Why should we accept the likes of Adrian heath being paid by the club purely because he has a certificate and is mates with Peter Reid.

No longer should we accept "it's Coventry innit" the club needs to be rebuilt from within.

CovLis86

I like the idea of standing by our coaching staff, particularly ex players. Let's get the feeling of an actual football club back, built from the bottom up. That said, really hope this doesn't put off whoever the top candidate may be.

theprince

What if the new manager doesn't want Shaw, Carsley or Oggy for that matter as his coaches or assistant. Under Waggotts terms the likes of Wise, Southgate, mad Mick, Billy Davies are ruled out. Unless, whoever gets the job knew all along he was next manager once Thorn got the bullet, which lets be honest was always going to happen.

Marty

I personally think it's the best route to go down, keeping the same back room staff and only chop and change when needed instead of wholesale changes everytime we need a new manager. You need the right staff in place to start with and i'm not sure we have the right staff or right balance.

So far Shaw has shown himself as useless as Thorn and it inspires no confidence in his ability.

@richh87

I personally think it's the best route to go down, keeping the same back room staff and only chop and change when needed instead of wholesale changes everytime we need a new manager. You need the right staff in place to start with and i'm not sure we have the right staff or right balance.

So far Shaw has shown himself as useless as Thorn and it inspires no confidence in his ability.

Why? Because he isn't a Manager? He has been hired an an assistant Manager, behave.

Marty

Why? Because he isn't a Manager? He has been hired an an assistant Manager, behave.

Making the same mistakes, lacks the ability to change things....... Doesn't matter when he was employed as, he himself has applied for the job and is in the unique position of showing what hes made off. If you're happy for Shaw to be in charge after his teams so far shambolic display then fair enough, but I actually want this club to succeed and I don't see that happening with him in charge.

Sick Boy

It makes me wonder why, if they knew Thorn only had a limited number of games to turn it around, they employed Shaw on Thorn's recommendation? I am sure I read that the decision to bring in Shaw was down to Thorn?

shmmeee

If you want to change the culture of any organisation you have to not only cull those hardcore "bad apples" but also bring in hungry, ambitious people.

Ironically the time I think City have given this their best shot was Ransons transfer policy. The likes of Fox, Dann, Westwood, etc. were all hungry and ambitious and on their way up, I'm not sure Coleman was though.

The problem with being sentimental is that those "loyal" staff are there either because they like the status quo or because they're not talented enough to have moved on.

For a club in our position a young manager on his way up an a squad of young players is the best way.

Jurys out on Carsley but other than him and Rioch I'd get rid of the lot from tea lady and groundsman up.

wingy

It makes me wonder why, if they knew Thorn only had a limited number of games to turn it around, they employed Shaw on Thorn's recommendation? I am sure I read that the decision to bring in Shaw was down to Thorn?

Well we're not going to be paying compo either by the sound of it .So Blackwell, or reunion of the Holy trinity + 1 ,Strachan as per rumour last week:eek::thinking about:;):facepalm:

JulianDarbyFTW

Making the same mistakes, lacks the ability to change things....... Doesn't matter when he was employed as, he himself has applied for the job and is in the unique position of showing what hes made off. If you're happy for Shaw to be in charge after his teams so far shambolic display then fair enough, but I actually want this club to succeed and I don't see that happening with him in charge.

I'm sitting on the fence with Shaw, but to be fair to the guy he has said a number of times that he hasn't had the time to instill his footballing values on the players due to the number of games. The new manager, whoever it is, may well take time to get to know the players and instill his own philosophy, and I hate to think we'd say he lacks the ability to change things before he's had a little bit of time.

dongonzalos

He didn't have a limited number of games, it was a stupid knee her reaction to 45 minutes against bury.

Hence the 9 signings and Shaw.

Nunskyblue

Wise was on Soccer AM a few weeks back and he said he was waiting for the right job. They then discussed how managers when they take on jobs they take their back room staff with them. When they asked Wise what he would do he said he didn't have any as Gus had gone off and done his own thing.........

Paxman II

I would be a bit surprised if he originally posted that in a public domain tbh. It's not something I would advertise before sitting down with any candidates first?

wingy

I would be a bit surprised if he originally posted that in a public domain tbh. It's not something I would advertise before sitting down with any candidates first?

Its not actually new news Paxman ,it was stated in the media all of a week ago by Fisher ,but it may imply that certain applicants have dropped out,however the fact it was publicised by Fisher would have dettered those applicants at that point ,one would have thought.Ally all this to the financial reasoning and surely it means we're not paying compo to anyone ,It all points to Strachan.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Paxman II

I'd have Strachan tbh. We need an experienced man and he is after all a former player, a former manager during the best times (apart from the relegation - though mitigated somewhat by what happened when the best players got sold from under him - familiar story)
He is a big character and would certainly impose his persona on everything. can't say i'd be adverse to it...

Users who are viewing this thread