Waggott in the Family Zone (1 Viewer)

Limey

Did anyone else manage to have a chat to Steve Waggott who was in the Family Zone before the game? He stayed there for a good hour or more speaking to families.

He comes across as a down to earth chap. I spoke to him for about 10-15 mins. He spoke most passionately about trying to work on CCFC's presence in the community including getting more school kids into the games. I told him what a hammer blow to supporter spirit the potential Wasps deal is, which he agreed on. He said that the club has difficulties in contacting the council. He mentioned that the council/club bond had been strong at previous clubs he's been at. He also said Joy will not be drawn into a bidding war, especially at £30m, which we know anyhow...

He mentioned about trying to get rid of the walk up charge on match day.

He rolled out the usual talk about FFP and revenue 365 days a year. I asked him how a small ground would have the capability of doing this compared to the ricoh and he said there was many corporate opportunities. I wasn't convinced by this and I had a hunch that he was towing the clubs line on this one.

Fair play to him for mixing with the fans. I do get the feeling that he would probably do well under different club circumstances.

I would be interested to know if anyone else spoke/asked him questions...

ccfc92

Did anyone else manage to have a chat to Steve Waggott who was in the Family Zone before the game? He stayed there for a good hour or more speaking to families.

He comes across as a down to earth chap. I spoke to him for about 10-15 mins. He spoke most passionately about trying to work on CCFC's presence in the community including getting more school kids into the games. I told him what a hammer blow to supporter spirit the potential Wasps deal is, which he agreed on. He said that the club has difficulties in contacting the council. He mentioned that the council/club bond had been strong at previous clubs he's been at. He also said Joy will not be drawn into a bidding war, especially at £30m, which we know anyhow...

He rolled out the usual talk about FFP and revenue 365 days a year. I asked him how a small ground would have the capability of doing this compared to the ricoh and he said there was many corporate opportunities. I wasn't convinced by this and I had a hunch that he was towing the clubs line on this one.

Fair play to him for mixing with the fans. I do get the feeling that he would probably do well under different club circumstances.

I asked this the other day. Likewise, it doesn't wash with me. Why would corporate/business people be staying at a small football stadium in the Warwickshire wilderness?

Limey

It doesn't take a genius to figure that the Ricoh is perfect for this, especially with the train line coming. Everytime I drive to the Ricoh I'm still staggered by the potential there. I dont know if Joy is waiting for the Council to come to her or what. Confused, frustrated, bemused!

Flying Fokker

I saw him at the club shop weeks ago. Dave Busst is the person charged with community. He said the Ricoh owners may be linked with deals like this. They are a business and these things happen. I'm sure neither of us expected this to become an all out bid to take over the arena.

Which leads me to think that the Club will take the Sky Blues out of Coventy. I think if we remain in the city (Butts Park Arean)? we will be a lower league side and they will continue as owners.

lifelongcityfan

i have had enough...club is dying...foolishly bought a season ticket this season on the back of the Ricoh Return, but genuinely losing interest fast as long as SISU is in charge.

Yesterday i couldnt be bothered to go, ( i have been a city fan for 40 7ears btw), and didnt miss it!

The thought of watchinh l3/l4 football in the middle of warwickshire does not appeal, nor can i see any signs of promotion under sisu.

For an outfit that is supposed to have no problem with funding, it doesnt seem to wantt to invest in the side nor but a superb stadium at a reasonable price

i doubt very much i will renew next season

SkyBlueSid

i have had enough...club is dying...foolishly bought a season ticket this season on the back of the Ricoh Return, but genuinely losing interest fast as long as SISU is in charge.

Yesterday i couldnt be bothered to go, ( i have been a city fan for 40 7ears btw), and didnt miss it!

The thought of watchinh l3/l4 football in the middle of warwickshire does not appeal, nor can i see any signs of promotion under sisu.

For an outfit that is supposed to have no problem with funding, it doesnt seem to wantt to invest in the side nor but a superb stadium at a reasonable price

I have to go along with all of that. We are already regretting getting season tickets again. Having never missed games on previous season tickets, we are already scheduled to miss some this season because of previously booked holidays. It costs us £29 a game for the 2 of us, plus travelling, which we could use for a decent meal out. Certainly we can do more with it than watch that rubbish yesterday.

There are a couple of those padded seats next to where I sit, previously occupied by two old women. I fully expected them to return. Others have said that, even with their PSLs, they won't return until SISU are completely gone. I thought they were cutting off their noses to spite their faces, but they appear to have made a good decision. Watching recent games has been like Groundhog Day from the Andy Thorn era.

Limey

Its quite obvious that the club could not survive yet another move. SISU took over at a pivotal time in our history so soon after Highfield Road and have royally stuffed it up. I'm so deflated after the up of the Ricoh return but cannot give up hope yet unless the so called wasps deal adds the final nail in.

As noted by lifelongcityfan it's this which is so sad...' For an outfit that is supposed to have no problem with funding, it doesnt seem to wantt to invest in the side nor but a superb stadium at a reasonable price'

RoboCCFC90

Don't bother then.. Simple really isn't it?

AndreasB

I asked this the other day. Likewise, it doesn't wash with me. Why would corporate/business people be staying at a small football stadium in the Warwickshire wilderness?

The Ricoh was like the Warwickshire wilderness yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

You have had enough but you are lifelongcityfan? ;)

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Looks like lots of people are taking your advice,well done.

Good for them.

Lets be honest if you can't be arsed for whatever reason to go up and support the team then don't bother, it's that simple really.

I am not going to give anyone heartfelt sympathy, the Club is back in the City, yes we haven't had great results and fans don't trust the owners, use those reasons as an excuse if you like, we all know Football fans are fickle, we could be saying in ten games time that we are in the top six and pushing, I doubt there will be 7,700 at the Ricoh week in and week out then, it's all an excuse.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good for them.

Lets be honest if you can't be arsed for whatever reason to go up and support the team then don't bother, it's that simple really.

I am not going to give anyone heartfelt sympathy, the Club is back in the City, yes we haven't had great results and fans don't trust the owners, use those reasons as an excuse if you like, we all know Football fans are fickle, we could be saying in ten games time that we are in the top six and pushing, I doubt there will be 7,700 at the Ricoh week in and week out then, it's all an excuse.[/QUOT

There's a difference between an excuse and a reason,people give reasons for not going they dont make excuses why would they need to?

ccfc92

Good for them.

I am not going to give anyone heartfelt sympathy, the Club is back in the City, yes we haven't had great results and fans don't trust the owners, use those reasons as an excuse if you like, we all know Football fans are fickle, we could be saying in ten games time that we are in the top six and pushing, I doubt there will be 7,700 at the Ricoh week in and week out then, it's all an excuse.

Completely agree.

You know my situation Robo. IMO, anyone who lives in Coventry, has the money to go, and is free to go (work etc) and claim they support CCFC, should be going. The best excuse is "it's hard to get to", well a 20 minute bus journey from town sticks two fingers up at that argument. I wish I could get to the Ricoh in 20 mins from my house!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

The same thing happened to me v Preston.

Obviously an attempt to obtain fan feedback or a charm offensive.

I gave him my feedback "it was a disgrace what SISU did".

He took the feedback ok. We then went on to discuss football matters on a playing side , at least that we could agree on that. Discussion ended amicably.

AndreasB

Did no one think to ask him why they bought Tudgay? He needs to explain that fucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

The same thing happened to me v Preston.

Obviously an attempt to obtain fan feedback or a charm offensive.

I gave him my feedback "it was a disgrace what SISU did".

He took the feedback ok. We then went on to discuss football matters on a playing side , at least that we could agree on that. Discussion ended amicably.

I don't think I could be bothered to talk to him about off field stuff it's all to much of a mystery to a simple man like me, but I would like to ask him how he thinks that rabble he has thrown together could ever get promoted he is more than partly responsible for signings and in the main those players are crap.

RoboCCFC90

There's a difference between an excuse and a reason,people give reasons for not going they dont make excuses why would they need to?

Okay a reason:

"Living two hundred miles away from the Coventry"

An excuse:

"Yesterday i couldnt be bothered to go"

RoboCCFC90

Completely agree.

You know my situation Robo. IMO, anyone who lives in Coventry, has the money to go, and is free to go (work etc) and claim they support CCFC, should be going. The best excuse is "it's hard to get to", well a 20 minute bus journey from town sticks two fingers up at that argument. I wish I could get to the Ricoh in 20 mins from my house!

You know that you can once you replace the VW for a C Class Merc ;)

SkyBlueSid

Why can't people get their heads round the fact that people do not need an 'excuse' not to go. People who don't go simply don't want to. All that is down to personal choices. If I didn't go I wouldn't make an excuse to anyone. Like everyone else I please myself.

You have to turn it on its head and persuade people to want to go. Ultimately, notwithstanding cheap tickets or whatever, only a winning team with a chance of success will do that. We are a long way away from that at present. As things are, why would anyone start going, espepcially if they haven't been for a few years?

RoboCCFC90

Why can't people get their heads round the fact that people do not need an 'excuse' not to go. People who don't go simply don't want to. All that is down to personal choices. If I didn't go I wouldn't make an excuse to anyone. Like everyone else I please myself.

You have to turn it on its head and persuade people to want to go. Ultimately, notwithstanding cheap tickets or whatever, only a winning team with a chance of success will do that. We are a long way away from that at present. As things are, why would anyone start going, espepcially if they haven't been for a few years?

That's all fine and people who don't want to go are well within their rights not to, my point is don't come on the forum looking to make a deal of it at the same time, send the query to the Club, maybe people employed at the Club can help make a difference.

If it's solely related to form of the 11 on the pitch then people need to keep supporting the team, the signs are there that the 3 game run of defeats we had won't be a constant.

J

Jack Griffin

Last season a lot of posters made it clear they thought it was unacceptable to critisise people who went to Sixfields.

Now there is critisism of people who are still holding out while SISU are here or are losing interest because the performances are crap.

Is there some sort of party line?

PS I will do as I please.

RoboCCFC90

Last season a lot of posters made it clear they thought it was unacceptable to critisise people who went to Sixfields.

Now there is critisism of people who are still holding out while SISU are here or are losing interest because the performances are crap.

Is there some sort of party line?

PS I will do as I please.

Yet people still slated fans for going to Sixfields..

It happens, dry your eyes Jack.

Hobo

So he spewed forth a predictable company line.

Until SISU show consistency in their party line, a vision, a plan, a belief that they can propel Coventry City FC forward and upwards...people will continue to dwindle away and find alternatives. Joy is a failure, her business plan around CCFC has failed. Won't interfere? She has not got the financial clout to interfere!

James Smith

Good of him to come out and engage with the supporters at the match.

Users who are viewing this thread