Waggot.......Why ?? (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Brought in to help Thorn with all his signings are Sir Alex and Roberto Mancini that difficult to deal with we have to employ someone to recruit, believe the appointment was only until end of Jan anyway. Not a bad little earner for a month or so i should think.

kingharvest

Needed someone to take the pressure off Thorn with regard to players coming in and out. Don't underestimate the miles you have to put in to sort out a transfer.

Sounds like excellent management to me, short 1 month contract to do a job, freeing up other staff to be able to get on with their jobs in what is a busy period anyway, and crucial.

Plus, we've not done badly in the back end of december/January, results wise - maybe thats had something to do with it.

ccfcway

Needed someone to take the pressure off Thorn with regard to players coming in and out. Don't underestimate the miles you have to put in to sort out a transfer.

Exactly, look how far we went to get King to re-sign for us,

oh, we posted the contract

kingharvest

why are we speculating about a job we know nothing about? He must have had something to do with bringing in Nimely, Herman and Norwood, and probably the outgoings of ROD, McPake, Juke. Even if he's just spending time sorting out the details of the deals with the clubs/agents.

How can we possibly be well placed to judge whether that's a necessary role or not?

kg82

How pointless. Waggott was brought in to help Thorn deal with incoming and outgoing players. We've had 3 incoming players and 3 outgoing (2 of which were fringe players), so it's been a fairly productive window relative to the previous couple. And I'm pretty sure Thorn doesn't get involved with players contract negotiations, pretty sure not many managers do.

mark82

Great business? We've really benefited from the window haven't we. Why do we bother.

I think we have to a certain extent. We look better now than we did before and got a bit of cash for Juke. Not saying I like it but in the situation we did okay. I was expecting to lose more first teamers.

EleanorRigby

Players comings and goimgs is the managers job, no-one elses, how much they get paid, contracts etc maybe someone elses domain. Just puts doubt in my mind just how much Andy Thorne is the first team manager or just keeping the seat warm for another.

Agree.

Juka going to Boro long before Waggot arrived.

Boro had Nimley on loan and so passed him on to us.

Not much doing there requiring "hired help"

Easy money given the sum total of his transfer window involvement.

I am sure this could have all been handled in house.

Users who are viewing this thread