Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (1 Viewer)

Boicey

COH should make a big difference.
But who is gonna score the goals?
We can’t over rely on Matty ‘the ghost’ Godden.
At the moment I guess we have to hope Simms comes good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hes let Robins spend the Vik money yes

Whatever way you look at it, we made £12 Million quid from HGus and have donme nothing with it

Thats literally sat with Doug is it not? Hence hes pocketed it
Now he’s seen the way MR’s used the funds he may want to be a bit more hands on with the expenditure and I wouldn’t blame him. If Wright turns into a dud we are stuck for 4 years as nobody will take him.

Really need him to improve

hamil99

Facebook User
Last night was very disappointing. We looked like the team without an extra days rest not Cardiff...

Hagi seems to have all the attributes to be an excellent striker, but looks like he can't be arsed

Dasilva looked a shade of the player we've seen recently, I don't know how he stayed on the pitch all game.

Except for Godden, the whole team were below par really. Not sure what Robins does for the Huddersfield game, but we need changes and we need them quick...

shmmeee

Last night was very disappointing. We looked like the team without an extra days rest not Cardiff...

Hagi seems to have all the attributes to be an excellent striker, but looks like he can't be arsed

Dasilva looked a shade of the player we've seen recently, I don't know how he stayed on the pitch all game.

Except for Godden, the whole team were below par really. Not sure what Robins does for the Huddersfield game, but we need changes and we need them quick...

Well, by Monday :p

skybluestub

The gap between our defence and forward line is massive. Eccles and Kelly are defensively minded and always sit deep. Palmer is off the pace at the moment.

All well and good playing possession based football, but when you constantly resort to playing back, or our CBs step out and leave a huge gap, we're always going to get exposed. We're lacking real creativity in the middle and that link up between defence and attack. Major priority for January has to be a CM who can pick a pass.

I can't wait to see COH back in the fold, maybe it might do Palmer a favour to have some competition as MR clearly doesn't want to play Sakamoto in a CAM role.

I know rebuilds take time, I know we massively overachieved last season and I know we lost our two best players over the summer. Still doesn't make it any less frustrating for us fans. I didn't think I'd be saying 'I'm glad Jamie Allen's back in and amongst the squad'. That 15 minute cameo last night added some intensity and at least he has the desire to run.

On to Monday, we need a response.

jordan210

Just had a look at the stats from last night

Palmers pass accuracy 71% key passes 0

Kelly Pass accuracy 95.7% Key passes 0

Jamie Allen pass accuracy 100% key passes 0

As a whole team we had 6 key passes.

Boicey

What’s so frustrating is that we have a bit of a squad and 2 games in 4 days and Robins doesn’t use it.
That team selection was dull as dishwater. No idea how he expected that team to deliver.

KersleyDigs

I feel exactly the same, I think Simms will be good for us

you do get transfers wrong, shame it was our biggest one

I’ve completely wrote him off

we need a midfielder but as mentioned I wouldn’t trust mr with it
Simms is has proved he can score goals in this league, needs time and some service!

Grendel

If MVE is injured what's he going to do at RWB?

Put Eccles there and bring Ayari into midfield?

Can't see Sakamoto starting there after his mistake tonight.

Why can’t he play Da Silva there?

BlueSkiesForever

Woke up still fuming after that performance last night. Poor team selection, why are we playing two CDM's against one of the relegation favourites. Fadz seems to have one good game and then one really bad game. Palmer was absolutely dreadful, Kelly & Eccles are scared to make a pass more than 5 yards and as bad as the strikers are they had zero service or creativity in front of them. Milan was clearly injured from the start as he couldn't beat his man and looked to have no pace. Da Silva spent the whole game in 20 yards of space but no one had the balls to make a long pass, I think Fadz did once actually. Awful, awful performance yet it takes MR nearly 70 mins to make a change.

Ayari has to start the next game he is the only player that creates anything. I'd actually leave Godden up top on his own, play one CDM and stick Ayari & Sako behind Godden.

Another 2K of us with about 4 hours sleep before work, not good enough for our loyalty.
^ Absolutely nailed it. 👌

I think Robins analysed the problems really well in his post-match interview (and I’ll always stick with him because I think he’s holding this shite team together atm) but it was wrong not to bring Ayari on earlier and not to make key changes earlier than 70 mins. It’s always his one big flaw, when it’s not working he’s reluctant to change it up, it’s always like 10-15 mins before the end of the game, well it’s too fucking late by then!

Everything about us atm lacks urgency, the team lacks urgency, the passing lacks urgency, the runs from strikers lack urgency and the team sheet itself lacks urgency. We play the same old team each week (bar injuries) and look where it’s got us, bottom 10th in the table, fucking rolling around in the dirt with the likes of QPR, Huddersfield and Plymouth. That team mentality and team sheet itself has to change big time.

Grendel

^ Absolutely nailed it. 👌

I think Robins analysed the problems really well in his post-match interview (and I’ll always stick with him because I think he’s holding this shite team together atm) but it was wrong not to bring Ayari on earlier and not to make key changes earlier than 70 mins. It’s always his one big flaw, when it’s not working he’s reluctant to change it up, it’s always like 10-15 mins before the end of the game, well it’s too fucking late by then!

Everything about us atm lacks urgency, the team lacks urgency, the passing lacks urgency, the runs from strikers lack urgency and the team sheet itself lacks urgency. We play the same old team each week (bar injuries) and look where it’s got us, fucking rolling around in the dirt with the likes of QPR, Huddersfield and Plymouth. That team mentality and team sheet itself has to change big time.

This shite team cost nearly £20 million

BlueSkiesForever

This shite team cost nearly £20 million
I know, absolutely unfathomable when you think about it. Key issue being we didn’t put enough resources, whether it be time or money or effort or whatever, into getting a good selection of midfielders. I’m hoping there are good players in Wright and Simms but the midfield battle is being lost almost every game atm and with Sheaf out it’s just exposed how weak our midfield is.

fernandopartridge

This is massive and overlooked tbh. And I was told this by my 'source' last week but didnt think it was very important.

The group the last few seasons have been very tight knit, back each other and very affable in the dressing room. Turns out this lot are feeble and not quite sure what they are doing here

Good use of 20 million hey
I think a few people said in the summer about the loss of character and leadership, Hamer, Gyokeres and even Dabo had it in bundles

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jordan210

Palmer is an odd one when you look at his match ratings. He has 3/4 bad games then will have 1/2 brilliant ones then drops off again and replete

Grendel

Palmer is an odd one when you look at his match ratings. He has 3/4 bad games then will have 1/2 brilliant ones then drops off again and replete

He has 5 good minutes in a couple of games and then certain posters start grinning and saying he’s world class

SeaSeeEffCee

How many games since he’s been here could you say his performance has been a big contributing factor in earning us points? I imagine you could probably count them on one hand.

Offhegoes

Would like to see Robins go for this team against Hudderfield, with the presumption MVE is out.

Wilson
Eccles Labs Kitching Binks Da Silva
Kelly
Allen Ayari Sakamoto
Simms

I think Fadz may need a rest. Wright, Godden, Palmer & O'Hare gives us a strong bench.

fernandopartridge

Well until yesterday I thought the defence was the only part of the team functioning half decent, I'd like to now downgrade my opinion to MVE is the only part of the team functioning properly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He was really poor last night, I'm not seeing anything particularly special from him yet aside from his pace

Matt smith

Would like to see Robins go for this team against Hudderfield, with the presumption MVE is out.

Wilson
Eccles Labs Kitching Binks Da Silva
Kelly
Allen Ayari Sakamoto
Simms

I think Fadz may need a rest. Wright, Godden, Palmer & O'Hare gives us a strong bench.
I doubt o hare will be on the bench

Grendel

If Norwich want Palmer in January I’ll pay for his Uber. Has so much talent but does fuck all

I doubt even Northampton would want him

procdoc

Are you there on a 40th?

No mate, just come out here with a couple of mates for a few days on the piss. Unfortunately I’ll be back in time for the Huddersfield game. Can’t wait to watch our expensive strike force be anonymous for 90 mins!

fernandopartridge

Wright? No. Impact sub at best but let’s be honest it’s a waste of half the Vik money. At least we won’t be paying the extra £2m.

Simms? Yes. He’s 22, I’ve seen enough flashes to think there’s a player in there if we c a get him some confidence and a goal off his arse. I don’t think he can play with Godden though and apparently not on his own either.

Which like Sakamoto, and to some extent Ayari, makes you wonder if the issue isn’t the recruitment process or what they were asked to find.
The Wright stuff is over the top, like your obsession with Allen and Moore before that. He's been poor to date but you can see he has got some attributes that could (or could not) be developed. Though I at this point agree it's not what you'd expect in a £7.7m signing.

shmmeee

The Wright stuff is over the top, like your obsession with Allen and Moore before that. He's been poor to date but you can see he has got some attributes that could (or could not) be developed. Though I at this point agree it's not what you'd expect in a £7.7m signing.

Can you? He’s a bit quick (though not MvE quick) what else do you see? I’ve not seen any strength, shooting ability, technical ability. I’d hoped he was a Wanchope style muddles his way through type, but he’s not. He’s just bad at football.

Users who are viewing this thread