Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (2 Viewers)

DrPoolittle

The key issue here is that we got a whole new recruitment team just as we got our biggest cash injection in decades.

I can’t be the only one with the suspicion that Chris Badlan might have handled this summer better than Dean Austin has.

Sooner or later though, we must assume that Robins agreed….

Marty

3 hours a day of running for the next week sounds about the right training for them if they want to turn in that kind of performance. The cunts need to up their fitness anyway.

ccfc1234

I hope I am wrong but Robins looks like he has invested millions of pounds unwisely. Wright, based on what I have seen so far, looks like a Baka level forward. Please those who disagree point me to what attributes I am overlooking. His first touch is shocking and at his age those are FUNDAMENTALS you would need to assess and do due diligence on for 8 million.
Lati and Saka are improvements on what we had and for the circa 1m they cost look decent value.
All our big investments look MVE aside like money badly or at best averagely spent.

Very annoyed and MR needs to own some of it and not blame 'mistakes' and 'individual errors'

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We looked ponderous. Like England against Ukraine. Lots of possession but no incision. Cov just look better when they attack at speed.
Not convinced by Ayari but clearly, I am in a minority.
Oh! I pine for the sensible SISU spending of yore that delivered O’Hare, Gyokeres and Hamer. Instead of blowing £30 million on mediocrity
joys Handbag investment is looking a lot better than Doug Kings atm

Martin180

For the money spent on wright and simms I have to say they are dreadful. Don’t give me their young and need to bed in like gyokeres had to either.

At this moment in time I’d have that 50p that Robins wouldn’t have touched that pair if could turn back three months.
Bit harsh on Simms , think he's showed he has something just needs a goal . Would've been easy to hide tonight and he didn't

Evo1883

We could be in a position where nobody wants him in a couple of years. No way in hell will we make any sort of profit on him if he keeps this up. So we have basically wasted almost half of the Gyokeres money which was meant to propel the team forward into a new era.
Hopefully he comes good , but I'd just like him to control a football first before we look any further

baldy

That was very sobering, favourites need dropping, Fadz looked sadly very exposed, Palmer , Kelly, Eccles, awful, nothing upfront really, yes Godden scored but very ordinary. Saka looked OK, we are desperate for something creative and different, someone tell me what Bidwell did wrong...Kong hard look Robins because Cardiff were vert fucking ordinary, good sides will destroy us.

I'd rather have an 'ordinary' Godden in the team & scoring goals at the same time - that's what he's there for ffs

Marty

Even on his youtube highlights reel he looked a donkey for a lot of it.

bigfatronssba

Trying to be positive but that was awful. Needs to be a massive change next game. There needs to be a reaction.

On the plus side, we somehow currently own the Championship joint top scorer

IMG_1361.jpeg

stupot07

Some of the clueless muffins on here who constantly criticise Allen, yet we suddenly look a bit more like a team when he's on and offering an option to recycle the ball. I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw Palmer play for the club again after that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Allen was brilliant when he came on, don't think he gave the ball away, always and option and always looking to play forward then move into space.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

I'm not even convinced by Sakamoto yet. Yes, he's got a low centre of gravity and he's tricky but he slows the game down so much while he waits for the defender to catch him up, just so he can skin him again, that Cardiff had reorganised and had a box full of players every time he crossed the ball.

hill83

Hopefully he comes good , but I'd just like him to control a football first before we look any further

He’s off and running before it’s even come to him like he thinks the defender isn’t there. Infuriating. And he’s lightweight. Can’t control, can’t shoot, can’t pass. Doesn’t know where to be. The midfield don’t want to pass to him as they know it’s coming straight back. He needs serious work. £7 fucking million or whatever it is. Jesus fucking christ.

usskyblue

There’s very little cohesion at the moment.. which we’ve made up for previously with quality moments.. but there was very little quality out there tonight. First touches were often poor and simple passes weren’t executed properly.

Robins needs to settle on a regular defensive line up. We looked so sloppy at the back at times. Allen will add some energy into midfield which has been lacking so far.. and Simms needs to start imo. Although he didn’t do much, what he did bring was some physicality and he made some good runs.

There’s still a lot of work to be done.

Ccfcisparks

I'm not even convinced by Sakamoto yet. Yes, he's got a low centre of gravity and he's tricky but he slows the game down so much while he waits for the defender to catch him up, just so he can skin him again, that Cardiff had reorganised and had a box full of players every time he crossed the ball.
In a competent team Sakamoto has at least 1 to 2 assists tonight. His delivery into the box was superb.

NorthernWisdom

There is very little history of a prolific record in Turkey translating to similar success in England.
Not that fussed about that. I mean we often sign players with dodgy scoring records, we nullified Chaplin, JCH and even Walker by trying to turn them into something they weren't... I'd love to know what system for the best out of Wright and what we thought we were buying. He's shown flashes, it's still really early to judge but... my that was bad from him today.

SkyblueTexan

Everton and Wright’s former Turkish team must be thinking to themselves “wow we actually got paid millions to get rid of them”

Users who are viewing this thread