Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

3-2 massively flatters us.

There's almost part of me that wishes we'd lost more heavily so MR can't use the 1 goal defeat as an excuse to carry on trying this that isn't working.

Need to see a massive improvement next game, and for me wholesale changes to personnel cos too many players were just shocking. If Palmer and Wright start the next game I give up.

Skyblueweeman

Some of the clueless muffins on here who constantly criticise Allen, yet we suddenly look a bit more like a team when he's on and offering an option to recycle the ball. I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw Palmer play for the club again after that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I've always thought Allens been a good player. Always one of those consistent 7/10s and last season, added more goals to his game.

Looked like he's carrying more timber but understandable. Nice to see him back.

steve101

When we lose star players, we have to be stronger as a unit. We can't afford any player to have poor performances. Unfortunately, we had exactly that from several players. Wilson, McFadzean, Palmer and Wright were dreadful. Eccles not much better but finished a bit better. Kitching also poor debut.

Cov98

Saka looked good too, but nit convinced he’s a wing back. I’m not entirely sure what he is, but I’d like to see him involved more.
He’s a winger. Why we signed him when we don’t play with wingers I’m not sure. I really like him so I’m hoping we can find a place for him. He looked good as an attacking mid when he was played there briefly but I think he’s a bit too weak physically to play there for us.

Martin180

So disappointed tonight , first half was so laboured and slow , crying out for energy and creativity. Last 20 minutes just showed why MR needs to be braver . Thought Simms looked hungry and full of energy when he came on , Ayari looking for a pass or a quick 1-2 and Allen buzzing about . Have to play them against Huddersfield.
Wright and Palmer should be way down the pecking order after tonight , they were abysmal .
I thought Binks showed a lot tonight , very comfortable on the ball and loves pinging the ball out to the wing
Fingers crossed it gives Robins a huge wake up call tonight .
We can't replace Hamer but tonight showed if we have enough creative ,energetic players on the park we will create lots of chances

Ccfcisparks

When we lose star players, we have to be stronger as a unit. We can't afford any player to have poor performances. Unfortunately, we had exactly that from several players. Wilson, McFadzean, Palmer and Wright were dreadful. Eccles not much better but finished a bit better. Kitching also poor debut.
I don't think Wilson did much wrong, but thought Eccles was horrendous.

Dirk Turpin

Poor all round but probably needed the loss to give us a kick up the arse and switch it up. Kitching is a fitting name for him because hes about as nimble as a fridge

skyblu3sk

Awful just fucking awful, I think I'm reasonably calm as posters go but nothing to take away from that game. Godden may be scoring but neither striker can hold up the ball which is really hurting our game with us unable to take the pressure off. Even Kitchen looked dodge when he came on. Sakamoto, brilliant going forward but really dodgy defensively. It reminds me of the start last year when we weren't played off the pitch but every match was frustrating!

SBT

Really not sure we’ve got the recruitment right on that showing. I’d be sweating if I was Dean Austin.

We need to get Ayari up to speed asap as there’s no-one else capable of creating chances until O’Hare returns.

SeaSeeEffCee

Robins is having a terrible season so far. Got his subs wrong in pretty much every game and the team selection tonight was shocking.

Hertsccfc

I thought Kitching looked terrible.

Wright and Palmer horrendous.

Only Latibeaudiere and Dasilva played well. Wouldn't blame Wilson for any of the goals.

Can we put the nonsense about dropping Godden to bed?

DrPoolittle

Really not sure we’ve got the recruitment right on that showing. I’d be sweating if I was Dean Austin.

We need to get Ayari up to speed asap as there’s no-one else capable of creating chances until O’Hare returns.
And then we sell O’Hare in January

no_loyalty

I really don’t know how we are going to get a tune out of the 2 new strikers.

junglej13

3-2 massively flatters us.

There's almost part of me that wishes we'd lost more heavily so MR can't use the 1 goal defeat as an excuse to carry on trying this that isn't working.

Need to see a massive improvement next game, and for me wholesale changes to personnel cos too many players were just shocking. If Palmer and Wright start the next game I give up.
Completely agree. Anyone who watched the last half and hour at Hull and thought a similar set up would serve us well tonight is crazy. Robins should shoulder some of the blame for that shambles. Alarmingly bad tonight. Palmer and Wright were pathetic. We offered absolutely nothing going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread