Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (5 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

That was my thinking too. Lati can play the whole game at DM if he needs to, has the pace on Kelly and we have a solid selection of defenders.
It's either that or starting with Kelly and Eccles and then after 60 odd minutes having a midfield of Eccles and Allen.. which is definitely not going to work well.
This is it, whilst Sheaf is out either way you cut it the midfield feels slow and lacks the ability to make progressive balls forward for 90 mins. Some may ask how’s Lati going to help that? But I feel that with more time and space on the ball he will have the ability to move forward more as well as last the full 90 mins. It’s these sort of ideas that I feel we should be looking into rather than dismissing them first hand and opting to revert back to our usual way of passing the ball around in a horseshoe shape and not coming up with anything creative. Don’t get me wrong, Kelly and Eccles will have their good days no doubt about it but I’m sure they’ll have plenty of bad days too and it’s about working out what’s best overall going forward.

edgy

I thought Kelly was pretty good at Hull. He's generally a better player from the start, he seems to struggle to get up with the pace of the game when he comes on as a substitute. I'm really not sure what problem Lati in midfield is solving.

Just legs after 70 mins

JSL

Palmer has become more vulnerable since the rest of the team has improved in quality. Hes not the answer we need in midfield but he's one of our only options at the moment. I would like to see Lati, Kiching and Binks start at the back and bring Fadz on if it doesnt look stable enough

Brighton Sky Blue

Palmer has become vulnerable since the rets of the team has improved in quality. Hes not the answer we need in midfield but he's one of our only options at the moment. I would like to see Lati, Kiching and Binks start at the back and bring Fadz on if it doesnt look stable enough
Sakamoto exists and should be given the opportunity particularly if Palmer isn’t up to speed.

SBbucks

For Sky Blues driving to Cardiff - remember that the new speed limits are now in place - 20 mph is the limit in most built-up areas. Bloody pain in the butt!

Not saying it’s a good or bad idea, but how do you think they will enforce it when it just became law on Sunday? No extra cameras so won’t make any difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSL

Sakamoto exists and should be given the opportunity particularly if Palmer isn’t up to speed.
Agreed but I feel Sako is more of a right / left midfield than central. Its still something for MR to try though as he looks a handful for the opposition

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed but I feel Sako is more of a right / left midfield than central. Its still something for MR to try though as he looks a handful for the opposition
If you play a box midfield, Ayari can stay central and Saka can play more on the flanks which gives us more than one choice on how to progress the ball and a bit more for the opposition to think about.

StrettoBoy

While Sheaf and O'Hare are out and Allen not yet match fit I would give Lati a go in defensive midfield in place of Kelly.

Kelly could be an option from the bench if we need to hold out for the last twenty minutes.

covmutley

Not saying it’s a good or bad idea, but how do you think they will enforce it when it just became law on Sunday? No extra cameras so won’t make any difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not being properly enforced yet anyway. People caught exceeding 20 will be 'spoken to' by police if caught.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think we will win tonight. We haven't been too far away and a slight improvement will bring home the three points.

I feel like we might see a few changes tonight too, but would want to see Kelly stay in. He was one of our best players against Hull. Wouldn't mind seeing Sakamoto as well. Feeling pretty good about tonight and have a suspicion some on here may be pleasantly surprised.

edgy

How do you know Lati will have those? He doesn't play intense pressing football in his current position

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't. Just suggesting that's the reason people will call for it. And I wouldn't be against it either, if the situation dictated.

If we are holding onto a slender lead and Kelly is shot, then it's an option. If we're chasing the game then clearly we don't want 2 holding mids on anyway.

shmmeee

Definitely think we should be going with the box based on how the last few games have gone.

I'd go with Ayari and Saka in behind Wright, it's evident from last game that Palmer is going to need time to get his fitness back and I think it'll be a good chance for Saka to show what he's about. He looked promising whenever he had a cameo.

Kelly and Eccles is not something I'm thrilled about, but for 50-60 odd minutes they looked alright.. it's just where we go after that when we need a change that's the issue. Only real option I can think of is starting Kitching and Thomas and then subbing Lati on as a defensive mid? Not ideal but probably better than keeping Kelly on for 90 minutes?

He’s also sc
This is it, whilst Sheaf is out either way you cut it the midfield feels slow and lacks the ability to make progressive balls forward for 90 mins. Some may ask how’s Lati going to help that? But I feel that with more time and space on the ball he will have the ability to move forward more as well as last the full 90 mins. It’s these sort of ideas that I feel we should be looking into rather than dismissing them first hand and opting to revert back to our usual way of passing the ball around in a horseshoe shape and not coming up with anything creative. Don’t get me wrong, Kelly and Eccles will have their good days no doubt about it but I’m sure they’ll have plenty of bad days too and it’s about working out what’s best overall going forward.

Hasn’t he scored more than any of our midfield?

Hutch11

How do you know MR isn't looking at them and not just dismissing them

SonofErnie

One consideration tonight could be the weather conditions. With potential high winds, a more physically robust team selection may be needed.

BananaFlats

I won't be able to find out as I have just discovered the QPR tickets in my envelope rather than the Cardiff one. Mrs BSB put the QPR ones on top of it yesterday evening and I just picked it up as I left!

Whoops
Can you get a photo of your Cardiff tickets sent through and go and talk to someone at the Cardiff ticket office?

BlueSkiesForever

How do you know MR isn't looking at them and not just dismissing them
No I mean people on here and us as fans in general, it doesn’t matter anyway as obviously Robins makes the decisions and I think he’s already ruled out Lati playing as CM which is a shame as I think there could be something in it with Sheaf currently out.

Hertsccfc

I thought Kelly was pretty good at Hull. He's generally a better player from the start, he seems to struggle to get up with the pace of the game when he comes on as a substitute. I'm really not sure what problem Lati in midfield is solving.
I agree. I thought Kelly was good against Hull. I don't understand why people think central midfield is a problem. Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly are all good players. Our problem appears to be further forward, creating and taking chances.

Moving Latibeaudiere wouldn't add anything much to the midfield that we don't already have and would detract from the defence. Clearly we want to lay the ball out from the back and that us where Latibeaudiere's strengths lie.

What we need is Palmer, Ayari and/or Sakamoto to start creating and our strikers to live up to expectations.

TomRad85

I agree. I thought Kelly was good against Hull. I don't understand why people think central midfield is a problem. Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly are all good players. Our problem appears to be further forward, creating and taking chances.
You genuinely don't get why people think centre mid is a problem? I can't understand people that think this way at all.

Users who are viewing this thread