Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (5 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Don't understand the last bit ?
Talking about the atmosphere in the ground it was shocking. Like being in a library and we were terrible as away fans. was so bad we had nothing to lift us till Saka come on.

Worst away atmosphere from us in years.

Evo1883

Talking about the atmosphere in the ground it was shocking. Like being in a library and we were terrible as away fans. was so bad we had nothing to lift us till Saka come on.

Worst away atmosphere from us in years.

To be fair , the ground is dull as dishwater , everytime I've been there the atmosphere has been below what we usually get

CCFCSteve

Guys we've lost 2 matches

Exactly and with a bit of luck could easily have won a couple more. Last nights performance was worrying, for me more for the lack of energy/intensity but if we sort that the rest will improve

I know people take the piss about ‘gelling’ etc but it’s very rare that you change half a team and everything’s fine straight away especially with some players that haven’t played regularly in this league.

Robins needs to start making some big calls about formation and first eleven though. Rarely say this but he had a poor match last night. Palmer looked lost and yet stayed on for 80 mins, team looked slow/ponderous and I expected them to get a rocket at half time and come out firing…they didn’t. Bench looked strong so should’ve been used earlier. Allen, Ayari and even Saka are likely to link DMs and forwards better than Palmer in current formation or he reverts to box if palmer plays

bigfatronssba

Not me. But we also had Vik, and a defence that knew each others names.

Defence is the first thing to sort.

As I’ve said already, the attack isn’t to blame in a game where we would’ve needed to score 4 to win

TomRad85

I'd also urge everybody to look at their 3rd goal , and Ben wilsons awesome effort to stop it
the other kingdom dancing GIF by Nickelodeon

Evo1883

tbf I’m not saying anything about sacking Robins, didn’t realise that’s what that was in reply to.

But it’s been a shite start to the season.
It's been indifferent , but not entirely unexpected , many of us before last night have talked about us starting slowly , needing time to get it right with a whole host of new starters ..

Last night was poor , yes

Matt smith

I mean to be fair, two days before the end of the transfer window, the majority were saying it was a great window. We all seemed excited by the players we brought in. Of the 11 who left, a number were dross who wouldn't get into the first team.

Losing Gus and seemingly not having someone lined up, has really kicked us in the nuts. And with Sheaf getting injured, that's a double kick. On paper, I still think we've got a decent squad, bar central midfield now where the Gus hole is getting bigger by the week.
Fans said this and got heavily heavily criticized for saying it

now look what’s happened

Matt smith

It's been indifferent , but not entirely unexpected , many of us before last night have talked about us starting slowly , needing time to get it right with a whole host of new starters ..

Yes but you say plsyers need time to bed in

I just think that’s an excuse for footballers who are not good enough

you pay 8 million for a striker, he hits the ground running I’m sorry

Skyblueweeman

Fans said this and got heavily heavily criticized for saying it

now look what’s happened
Yeah, I get that but perhaps we didn't think there was a suitable like for like replacement?

MR and his team I'm sure were pee'd off when Gus went at the 11th hour with nothing lined up. We don't know if Gus had said he was going to stay.

Either way, the squad we have 'should' be good enough to be comfortably top half. Something needs to change for it to happen though.

Evo1883

Yes but you say plsyers need time to bed in

I just think that’s an excuse for footballers who are not good enough

you pay 8 million for a striker, he hits the ground running I’m sorry
It's just not true matt I'm afraid , last season burnley won 4 from their first 12 .. and pissed the league , some teams take a while to get going , that's football , that's fact

Infact you can listen to Vincent kompany himself talk about how it can take 3-4 months to start clicking

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I get that but perhaps we didn't think there was a suitable like for like replacement?

MR and his team I'm sure were pee'd off when Gus went at the 11th hour with nothing lined up. We don't know if Gus had said he was going to stay.

Either way, the squad we have 'should' be good enough to be comfortably top half. Something needs to change for it to happen though.
O’Brien was available on a loan and then we went all in on a defender from Barnsley.

shmmeee

Last night was abysmal but it popped for me something that’s been building all summer which is the recruitment doesn’t look great and none of them have really hit the ground running, nor do we seem to know how we want to play. Plus we’re so fucking quiet and limp. That’s what’s really worrying. These aren’t “get a bit of match fitness and gel with the others” issues as much as “we got the wrong crop of players in with our lottery win summer”

Sky Blue Harry H

Well he will not want us near the bottom as we can’t get near relegation or that’s a disaster
Relegation is a disaster. Near relegation is not a disaster, as - excitement, disappointment aside, you get no more for finishing 7th or 17th. The main downside, if we don't develop over the season, is potential non renewal of ST holders, who have suddenly decided that not finishing neat the top means voting with their feet/wallet.

Evo1883

Last night was abysmal but it popped for me something that’s been building all summer which is the recruitment doesn’t look great and none of them have really hit the ground running, nor do we seem to know how we want to play. Plus we’re so fucking quiet and limp. That’s what’s really worrying. These aren’t “get a bit of match fitness and gel with the others” issues as much as “we got the wrong crop of players in with our lottery win summer”
I think had we won last night , we'd be saying we've started the season strongly 1 point from the top 6 .. but that's football fans

shmmeee

I think had we won last night , we'd be saying we've started the season strongly 1 point from the top 6 .. but that's football fans

Yes, if results are different reactions are different. But we didn’t win. I was willing to give them u til the break, then give them Hull as it was a bit early, maybe that’s on me to see this as a winnable game, but fuck me we need to see a response. I just need to know they have it in them.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's just not true matt I'm afraid , last season burnley won 4 from their first 12 .. and pissed the league , some teams take a while to get going , that's football , that's fact

Infact you can listen to Vincent kompany himself talk about how it can take 3-4 months to start clicking
Also true
Robins’ comments afterwards concerned me as much as the performance. Players should not be ‘in their shells’ this soon after signing.

David O'Day

so excited you forgot to pay for your season ticket

1695205159489.png

Evo1883

Yes, if results are different reactions are different. But we didn’t win. I was willing to give them u til the break, then give them Hull as it was a bit early, maybe that’s on me to see this as a winnable game, but fuck me we need to see a response. I just need to know they have it in them.
I still think it's way too early to panic massively

Brighton Sky Blue

Relegation is a disaster. Near relegation is not a disaster, as - excitement, disappointment aside, you get no more for finishing 7th or 17th. The main downside, if we don't develop over the season, is potential non renewal of ST holders, who have suddenly decided that not finishing neat the top means voting with their feet/wallet.
Well as we saw, higher league finishes help with attracting players.

Evo1883

Also , I still think next year is the one or these players , many of us have said this ..

Yes it's possible to do well 1st season but I'd imagine that's why we're all so anxious, we want to see us do well now and don't want to watch us grow as a team over the next 12-18 months

shmmeee

Also , I still think next year is the one or these players , many of us have said this ..

Yes it's possible to do well 1st season but I'd imagine that's why we're all so anxious, we want to see us do well now and don't want to watch us grow as a team over the next 12-18 months

Growth would be fine. It’s regression that’s concerning. We’ve looked worse each game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well as we saw, higher league finishes help with attracting players.
Agreed - although hopefully by the season's end, assuming we're in the same division, he'll know where we need to improve things. Probably Kelly's last season, along with Fadz, we'll know where we stand with Callum O'Hare. Re-invest the £30m from PSG for Haji Wright on a new forward and it's operation PL for the following season.

shmmeee

Really ? I can't say I agree , I can agree we've struggled last 20 against Hull and last night

I thought we looked good v Leicester, OK then comfortable against Boro (who are the worst team in the league) and generally pretty poor elsewhere. Last two have been shocking. I hope it’s just normal stuff where players take a while to understand, but you’d want to see some flashes of brilliance or cohesion that we just haven’t.

BlueSkiesForever

Will probably get a lot of hate for even mentioning Wright in this team (and wright-ly so tbh) but I think we need some pace and height in the midfield and can’t rely on Allen to play 90 mins just yet, but basically this is (roughly) what I think we should be playing against Huddersfield on Monday.

7D528077-3DD5-45DD-890E-E5E1134FCC78.jpeg

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed - although hopefully by the season's end, assuming we're in the same division, he'll know where we need to improve things. Probably Kelly's last season, along with Fadz, we'll know where we stand with Callum O'Hare. Re-invest the £30m from PSG for Haji Wright on a new forward and it's operation PL for the following season.
Hopefully we have a decent sell on for Hamer when he is inevitably sold next summer and Gyo hits his targets too. Might give us a few million to work with while retaining the core

Evo1883

I thought we looked good v Leicester, OK then comfortable against Boro (who are the worst team in the league) and generally pretty poor elsewhere. Last two have been shocking. I hope it’s just normal stuff where players take a while to understand, but you’d want to see some flashes of brilliance or cohesion that we just haven’t.
We were very very good for large parts v hull and Swansea and got a solid draw against a good sunderland team

Users who are viewing this thread