Vision for CCFC (1 Viewer)

ICHAN

The way I see it we all want sisu out and for better times ahead for our club.

A takeover is needed for the club to progress and sisu have come to the end and why they are hanging on no-one knows, maybe they are just waiting for a better deal from hoffmans consortium and who can blame them, (if the sky blue glasses come off we would all do the same) does not help us I know but they are business people and do have to look after their clients.

If when we are taken over we the fans need solid reasurances that they will not just dump plan A if there aim is wanting promotion in the first full season they are in control and it does not happen, we need investmnent in the acadamy as many have suggested, and a reserve team again (why was this dumped?).

The first team needs building steady and a manager in place that is given time to build the squad his squad, this needs looking into seriously not a manager just to appeaise the fans or whatever but a proper manager that will be given funds and will also get the backing of the board.

We need a good scouting policy (move AT back there if he wants), no half measure rash signings but signings for the future, a new coaching regime.

Fans involment and the community, new structures in place to welcome and encourage fans new and old back to the ground,
Maybe incentives in place to try and make the fans/community feel part of the club, a better relationship with the media, the media coverage needs shaking up because they just write waffle most of the time.
Maybe even ask JH for any ideas, OK he was old school but he was very initavive for his time, have open days for schools and the local kids to watch the players train once a month or something along those lines, competitions for local kids to win signed shirts or tours of the ground by the chairman.

They need to go back to basics and build the trust back with the fans and people of coventry, that way the council,AH Trust will hopefully see that they are for the club and are serious about what they want to achieve at the club.

I do not want to see them come in all guns blazing offering empty promises as we have been down this road all so often and thats why I am sceptical, will they turn out to be another sisu under a differant name? let's hope not for the clubs future.

This maybe all pie in the sky but this is the vision I would like to see Coventry City Football Club move towards.

cloughie

Well said ICHAN a vision that would slowly grab a lot more Coventry people into supporting the club (and surrounding areas)
Long term vision needed with the right type of backing as you have said

We don,t need cluless owners like sisu that will throw money at it and expect instant success, not that sisu threw money at it , almost the opposite, it rarely works.
Just look at the foolish foxes owners , how much, minimum 10 million and still sack the manager and still no great force in the championship. Wasted money and if they don't get success soon how long before they end up in our position?

shmmeee

Have made similar posts. I think at the very least some effort to connect with those that contribute to the match day experience (pubs, tesco, the sky blue barge, etc) needs to be done. We need to rethink the product we sell. It's not 90 minutes of football it's a day out an we are missing a huge opportunity to build fan commitment.

Where's our social media strategy? What is done outside the ground and in the concourses from 2-6? How do we make sure everyone in the city knows there is a game on, can get a ticket and have a bloody good time regardless of result?

The boards job doesn't end at player signings and appointing a manager.

ICHAN

It is about a day out shmmeee or at least should be and not just a hot dog stand here and there, and a programme to buy.

It should be a whole day out experiance where the match is the main event of the day, it's been a while since I have actually been back to cov especially on a match day, do they do a boat trip from the engine or the greyhound? If not why not?

Why not promote local bands by having them play somewhere around by the ground.

Surely the council and the club as well as the differant businesses from around the site can put their heads together to start promoting the Ricoh as a great day to visit on a match day.

The thing is it should be extended into Longford, and all the areas leading upto the Ground not just outside the ground, the whole place needs a lift, this is not a go at longford either because I am from there.

If the new owners looked into differant avenues regarding rejuvinating the whole match day experiance to the fans and community, this would do more for their image than getting a 1 minute screening on a football TV show.

The gates would start to swell the atmosphere around and inside the ground would increase, fans would be a damn sight more patient with the rebuilding of the club, the city would start to feel proud of their club due to feeling involved and not kept out like it's run by the fucking free masons (funny hand shakes at the turnstyles).

Is this to much to ask of any owner or the Council?

At least they would get media coverage for the right reasons and not because 3/4 years down the line they have fucked up due to being narrow minded and wanting to make a quick return on their investment.

ICHAN

:):) Trust you LBB.

If what is being said is to be believed then there will be cash to spend everywhere.:claping hands:

Another idea is have big sky blue flags leading upto the ground especially as you come of the motorway how intimidating would that make the place look, Impression of grandier, like the egyptians did with ABU SIMBEL (gate way to egypt) years ago made the enemy appear to be giants to the invading hordes.
Is their a sky blue coffee Bar/cafe starbucks type?
Everything skyblue tv's showing games from yesteryear etc, it is endless and lets hope something is done to build the club's image within the city and not just another missed opportunity to build the bridges that have grown over the years.

Make the club COVENTRY'S again and a club to be proud of.

How many fans say the place is lifeless not only our own?

Ok I maybe going of abit but I feel it would be such a shame if an oppurtunity were to be missed, we fans want our club back and to feel part of it again and as I see it this would be a giant step in the right direction.

shmmeee

I think you and me are reading from the same hymn sheet ICHAN. Knowl (who runs GMK) has very similar ideas.

I'd love to see ashby and Brinner continue their work to push this kind of thing once the SISU out campaign has succeeded. I'd be happy to join in on a more positive campaign.

rob9872

I would back a positive campaign too. My main hope is that Christie, Bigi, Thomas and all the other homegrown talent are still here next season.

Kuklinski

Jimmy Hill was so far advanced lesser people would mock him.

I recall at the World Cup, either 1994 or 1998 when the whole Romanian squad dyed their hair the same colour, and JH argued it could give them an advantage, only to have Hansen & I think Lawrenson openly laughing at him. Jimmy argued even if it gave them just 0.1% visual advantage then it was worth doing. Hansen & co thought they were clever, but Jimmy probably thought what clowns they were for not recognising even the smallest thing that could give you an advantage.

Astute

I am going to be blind until something happens. Things like what is being spoken about don't happen to CCFC

Macca

Now I m a bit old school really. For me as long as what's on the pitch is good you can keep all the frills. I don t even like the music when the players come out. And they can stick their catering up their arse I m more than capable of surviving 2 hours without food and drink. Do I get a job on the new action group?

skyblueinBaku

I recall at the World Cup, either 1994 or 1998 when the whole Romanian squad dyed their hair the same colour, and JH argued it could give them an advantage, only to have Hansen & I think Lawrenson openly laughing at him. Jimmy argued even if it gave them just 0.1% visual advantage then it was worth doing. Hansen & co thought they were clever, but Jimmy probably thought what clowns they were for not recognising even the smallest thing that could give you an advantage.
I remember that, too Kuklinski. They dyed their hair blonde (or orange) and it must have given them a split second advantage in identifying team mates. JH was a visionary when it came to football and things football club related.

rob9872

I think the biggest thing was not so much the tactic but the togetherness of showing how tight a group they were. That has to be worth something.

ICHAN

I would back a positive campaign too. My main hope is that Christie, Bigi, Thomas and all the other homegrown talent are still here next season.

That's the thing Rob keep hold of the kids as the younger generation of fan will be able to relate to them better than shall we say older fan, this could be a good chance for a whole new outlook in the way football is seen in the city.

I can see some would prefer the old go to the match see the match go home experiance which is fine if thats what they would want.

But surely by new ideas on turning the whole experiance into more than a game of football would bring in a lot of revenue for any owner to capatalise on, some would just go to see what is going on and enjoy the whole atmosphere and maybe go to the game and so increase attendances, if the football on the pitch was just as entertaining then some may come back and so a new generation of fan is generated.

Some may argue that the club has lost it's identity and that these new fans are fair weather fans, but we all started somewhere by going to our first COV game and so got hooked on the club.

The things that could be done to promote all things sky blue are endless and the more carnival atmosphere that could be generated would surely only improve the team as a whole due to the whole change in atmosphere around the ground and the City of Coventry.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

So you believe in evolution too. :p

ICHAN

Wasn't that the Romanian team Moldavan was in with Hagi, Petrescu etc when they all dyed there hair blond? France 98

Users who are viewing this thread