Villa (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Best case senerio, they go down, we go up. They own their ground and will have several tens of millions to invest. We play in Birmingham and have buttons.

Not sure we are the ones who can do the laughing

Magwitch

Who’s laughing? There are some on here wanting to play Manchester City should we and they progress to round V. That would be oh dear !

stay_up_skyblues

Frightening as it looked like City probably had another gear if needed. And they’re not currently even the best team in the country! Suspect it could be double figures if we were to draw either City or Liverpool in the cup and they played their best team.

Brighton Sky Blue

Frightening as it looked like City probably had another gear if needed. And they’re not currently even the best team in the country! Suspect it could be double figures if we were to draw either City or Liverpool in the cup and they played their best team.

Think it's almost a bit cruel of Guardiola to put out full strength sides at home to shit teams

better days

TBH I find the Premier League pretty depressing at the moment
There are two teams so far ahead of the rest that the days of 'there are no easy games' are now in the past
I see trouble ahead as TV money depends on it being a competitive league and not as boringly one-sided as it is this season
Leicester can give them a game on their best day but all the rest are much of a muchness
And as for VAR............

Brighton Sky Blue

There are two teams so far ahead of the rest that the days of 'there are no easy games' are now in the past
I see trouble ahead as TV money depends on it being a competitive league and not as boringly one-sided as it is this season
Leicester can give them a game on their best day but all the rest are much of a muchness

Maybe we could get all the foreign tycoons to do a pre match 5 a side

Magwitch

It does change though, not that long ago Manchester United and Arsenal dominated all the trophies, then Chelsea muscled in and Liverpool were right out of it, now look, from almost nowhere Liverpool are building a dynasty (again) that could be around for years.

oscillatewildly

Sheffield Utd, Wolves? Those two along with Leicester are more than capable of throwing a spanner in the works or at least making for an entertaining contest in the pursuit.
Add to that a recently reinvigorated Southampton and Watford.
I'll concede that the title race for this season is over though.
For me, VAR has been the most depressing aspect.

Covstu

Who’s laughing? There are some on here wanting to play Manchester City should we and they progress to round V. That would be oh dear !
I never got this either, if you want to go to their ground go on the stadium tour! We would get destroyed

Liquid Gold

It does change though, not that long ago Manchester United and Arsenal dominated all the trophies, then Chelsea muscled in and Liverpool were right out of it, now look, from almost nowhere Liverpool are building a dynasty (again) that could be around for years.
That was 20 years ago.

robbiekeane

I never got this either, if you want to go to their ground go on the stadium tour! We would get destroyed
Nah way - robins has got pep all day! Imagine peps horror when we are 6-0 down but then robins brings on Biamou and bakayoko in the 93rd minute

CCFC88

Nonsense, football is cyclical, especially so in English football due to the amount of competition. People were saying Arsenal would dominate for years and build a dynasty after they went unbeaten in 03/04, they've not won one since.

Yes for a 2-3 year period Liverpool and City have/will be ahead of the rest. Once Klopp and Pep have achieved all they want they will move on, Aguero KDB Salah Mane will move on, they wont find it easy replacing those as Arsenal couldn't replace Henry, Viera, as United couldn't replace Fergie, Giggs, Ferdinand etc.

The Premier League will never be a 1/2 team league as in Italy Spain Germany Scotland. This year will see the leagues 5th different winner in the last 8 years, anyone saying the Premier league is not interesting or exciting needs to take a look at the bigger picture.

Sit back and enjoy the level of football that these two are currently producing, enjoy watching them do English football proud in Europe and look forward to the next team to have their day in the sun as it wont be that far away.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well United in 10 years have won 13 trophies and Arsenal 7 counting charity shield not to mention how many runners-up spots that’s pretty dominant to me.

Why would you count the Community Shield? You have to win the FA Cup or league to be in it in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread