Villa after 'Cov Kid' (2 Viewers)

westendunited

Why would he leave a promising young team in beautiful sunny Bournemouth to go to a relegation certainty in brum.

shy_tall_knight

The fee was used to fund the squad

No I think the fee was used to fund the huge losses incurred by the Northampton fiasco. That level of fee is about our operating budget for the year, should have been used to acquire at least 1 striker that required a fee rather than getting a whole bunch of misfits.

Grendel

No I think the fee was used to fund the huge losses incurred by the Northampton fiasco. That level of fee is about our operating budget for the year, should have been used to acquire at least 1 striker that required a fee rather than getting a whole bunch of misfits.

As I said it was used to fund the squad when the club was forced out of the City

shy_tall_knight

I think if I remember right SISU said they were going tofund the losses which they did with the fees from Callum Leon and Cyrus, is there no wonder we are at our lowest point in 50 years when we don't properly reinvest any of our transfer fees.

Grendel

I think if I remember right SISU said they were going tofund the losses which they did with the fees from Callum Leon and Cyrus, is there no wonder we are at our lowest point in 50 years when we don't properly reinvest any of our transfer fees.

Which clubs in this league do?

stupot07

Well clubs in this league usually don't receive £2.5m (probably £4m now) from one player do they? Grendel are you saying the whole CW fee has been invested to make us a better team by SISU?

No it's been invested to fund the operating costs of running a football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

How can we ever expect to progress when we sell our best players for good fees then replace them with loans and frees who are past it or just not very good?

SlowerThanPlatt

Not all of the fee but a reasonable fraction would have allowed us to buy a striker in form and not get the dross we got last season. We would own the player and possible would have had a better season.

Agreed I'm not saying we should have went out and spent £1m on a top striker just £200k would be enough to prize away a lower league striker that SP wanted. However looking back I'm glad SISU didn't let him because we all know what his transfer record was like.

stupot07

And what are those then?

Funding wages (players, manager, support staff, shop staff, etc), transport, rent, utilities, the academy, training bibs, football, signing on fees, agents fees, scouts, paying off released players, operating losses, insurance, medical bills, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

When are the fans that moan about loyalty going to realise that it's gone. Money talks and everyone wants the best they can get.It is a short career for these guys and silly money is being paid out. If I was pro, I would go where ever the best deal is for myself and my family, simple. Of course I would like the good city players to stay with us for years and years but reality is they won't. I hope Wilson does move because we will get a sell on fee.

oakey

Myself and my family?

Do people mean myself, but think it sounds too selfish so add family even though that is just as selfish? "Me and mine" is selfish, just be honest, as selfishness is just as acceptable and understandable to most folk. Only a monster is not "me and mine" but it doesn't make you specially virtuous.

hill83

Myself and my family?

Do people mean myself, but think it sounds too selfish so add family even though that is just as selfish? "Me and mine" is selfish, just be honest, as selfishness is just as acceptable and understandable to most folk. Only a monster is not "me and mine" but it doesn't make you specially virtuous.

Strawman central here.

You brought up being selfish, not him.

hill83

So why do people add "and my family" ?

I'm sure you can work that out. I'm working overtime at this very moment as it's the best thing for me and my family.
If it was just me I'd be in the pub 7 pints deep.

oakey

I'm sure you can work that out. I'm working overtime at this very moment as it's the best thing for me and my family.
If it was just me I'd be in the pub 7 pints deep.

Great. That makes you normal not a saint. I do the same. Looking after one's own does not qualify us for any reward.

hill83

Great. That makes you normal not a saint. I do the same. Looking after one's own does not qualify us for any reward.

I didn't say it did qualify anyone for an award.

Basically money talks, and whether I say it's for me or it's for me and my family is irrelevant. It's not selfish either way. Give me more money. It's as simple as that.

oakey

We agree. However, not everyone is motivated by money alone.
I could have earned more by switching firms but it didn't motivate me. I have enough money for my needs.
Westwood earned more by moving but he'll have few medals or memories to show his kids and grandkids when he's older.
All I'm saying is not everyone is the same and money isn't everything once you have a comfortable income, which most footballers do.

lifeskyblue

Good luck to him whatever he decides. If I was Wilson I think I would stay at Bournemouth for another season as the pressure and expectation will be less. However villa are a big club and although likely to struggle again this season I think they will finish above Bournemouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

I think he needs another season to stake his claim, if he is playing well and scoring at B'mouth next season then a big move would make sense. I bet the likes of spurs would be sniffing around him at that point.

Gint11

We agree. However, not everyone is motivated by money alone.
I could have earned more by switching firms but it didn't motivate me. I have enough money for my needs.
Westwood earned more by moving but he'll have few medals or memories to show his kids and grandkids when he's older.
All I'm saying is not everyone is the same and money isn't everything once you have a comfortable income, which most footballers do.

Selfish

oakey

We are all selfish but we don't all hide it behind "for my family". That was my point. Just be honest about your motives. Saying you're doing it for your family is just trying to make yourself look noble to other blokes, probably impresses some women too.

Grendel

Gint11

We are all selfish but we don't all hide it behind "for my family". That was my point. Just be honest about your motives. Saying you're doing it for your family is just trying to make yourself look noble to other blokes, probably impresses some women too.

Ha ha ha. Too easy. Right, I don't understand your point at all. You are talking utter shite.

1. I am married so don't need to impress women

2 if you think you can impress woman by being on here then think again.

3. I said MYSELF and my family which clearly means the deal that suits ME and my family. If the choice I make impacts on my wife and family then I would discuss it with them and make the best one. So how I am hiding is ridiculous.

4. Bite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

I always tell the ladies about being on here. They love my impressive post to like ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread