Viktor off to Fulham? (1 Viewer)

larry_david

We'd be naïve to think clubs wouldn't be after Vik. He's quality and will go on to get better and better. We honestly need to be looking after 10 mill plus for him though. None of this first offer cheap shit acceptance, there's players in this league who will go for ridiculous amounts of money who aren't as good as him.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep - if Fulham are going up and we can get north of £10m, then - much as I'd hate losing him - we ought to be able to strengthen the team overall. If it is to happen, I'd want it sorted early, so that we have plenty of time to replace and reinvest properly.

Terry_dactyl

We'd be naïve to think clubs wouldn't be after Vik. He's quality and will go on to get better and better. We honestly need to be looking after 10 mill plus for him though. None of this first offer cheap shit acceptance, there's players in this league who will go for ridiculous amounts of money who aren't as good as him.
I think £10 mil would be robbery. We’ve got to be holding out for £20 mil + .

larry_david

I mean, to us he is worth more but yeah I take your point. Just looking at recent championship sales. Jarrod Bowen scored 22 goals for Hull and then another 16 at the age of 23 and went for 19 million.

If Vik stayed next season would he score another 17+ goals? I'm imagine he would yes, so is 19 million a fair comparison to Bowen? Vik is also a full international.

Terry_dactyl

I mean, to us he is worth more but yeah I take your point. Just looking at recent championship sales. Jarrod Bowen scored 22 goals for Hull and then another 16 at the age of 23 and went for 19 million.

If Vik stayed next season would he score another 17+ goals? I'm imagine he would yes, so is 19 million a fair comparison to Bowen? Vik is also a full international.
I’d say it’s not unreasonable, different style of player obviously but don’t strikers tend to go for more?

I hadn’t thought about a sell on clause. I’ve not heard anything reported at the time we signed him?

Terry_dactyl

There's next to no chance of that happening; Brighton likely have a hefty sell on clause too.
You might be right but we’ve seen the fees that prem clubs are willing to pay for players. For me Vik is our biggest asset in terms of fee.

skybluesam66

if we could get £15m - assume £3m to Brighton and £5m for Joy's handbags.
It is then down to MR to do damage with the other £7m and hope he ends up with more like Gyokeres and Hamer than Hilsner and Jobello.

We really do need to make better use of the loan market next season aswell to have a push towards the playoffs

CCFCSteve

Would be gutted if Vik left. He’s top of the big three to keep for me but I’m also realistic enough to realise that he’d fetch by far the biggest price, would probably quadruple his wages and will have ambitions to play in prem

Just hope that if anyone goes we get top dollar and a majority is re-invested

Kilclines curly mullet

Let’s be realistic, he is not worth anything more than £6-£8 million tops
16 Championship goals is a decent return of course it is however this Is based on one full championship season. Last season I think it was 4 goals in 19 games and at time where most fans would have personally driven him back to Brighton.

if he stays, and gets another 15-20 goals next season then maybe £10-£15 million would be spot on based on consecutive championship seasons.

For the record, in my opinion Hamer is worth £6-8 million also
Ohare £5 million tops

Sheaf £5 million

procdoc

Regardless whether if this is a legitimate story or not we will sell him, Hamer and O’Hare first chance we get. Don’t expect Sisu to invest much of the money we get into the team. Grendel is completely correct when he says Sisu aren’t interested in the team progressing any further. If they were they’d have given us the little bit extra we needed in January.

Sky Blue Pete

Regardless whether if this is a legitimate story or not we will sell him, Hamer and O’Hare first chance we get. Don’t expect Sisu to invest much of the money we get into the team. Grendel is completely correct when he says Sisu aren’t interested in the team progressing any further. If they were they’d have given us the little bit extra we needed in January.
Already haven’t

Hertsccfc

Wasn't Bowen more of a midfielder/winger? Has played further forward recently though.

Terry_dactyl

Let’s be realistic, he is not worth anything more than £6-£8 million tops
16 Championship goals is a decent return of course it is however this Is based on one full championship season. Last season I think it was 4 goals in 19 games and at time where most fans would have personally driven him back to Brighton.

if he stays, and gets another 15-20 goals next season then maybe £10-£15 million would be spot on based on consecutive championship seasons.

For the record, in my opinion Hamer is worth £6-8 million also
Ohare £5 million tops

Sheaf £5 million
Well, given what other players have gone for I think youre undervaluing just how much prem teams/teams receiving parachute payments will pay for players. Jordan Hugill went to West Ham for a reported £10 mil.
£6-£8mil would put Vik in the same transfer bracket as Gary Madine to Cardiff.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

£10m with add-ons maybe acceptable.

Although this is more applicable to sales of youngsters like Maddison, bu on top of the common sell-on percentages I think I'd also be looking at appearance fees as well, for example £50k for every PL appearance, £25k for Chamionship etc.

Grendel

I think it will probably be hamer and possibly o hare to go

Obviously a percentage will go to investors as returns a portion to transfer fees and also wages - the problem obviously is championship signings will want higher wages

Users who are viewing this thread