Vik on the bench vs Belgium (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Sweden starting with Isak and Kulusevski up front.

Vik and some bloke called Ibrahimovic among the subs.

Happy_Martian

Sweden 0-3 Belgium

Vik was on for 25 mins and from what I saw only had 3 or 4 touches. Poor Sweden side.

Struggling to get in the game in a three man attack. Must of touched the ball three or four times. That Sweden side is dreadful.

My exact thoughts 👍. But what was wrong with that pitch or the players studs ? Belgium didn't have any problems but Sweden were slipping all through the second half, especially around the Belgian penalty area.

pusbccfc

Obviously didn't have long but it's exactly what I think would happen if Vik went to a big side as a 2nd/3rd choice striker.

For him to be the force he is, he HAS to be the main man where the side puts everything through him. Don't play it to his feet but put it long for him.

Hopefully he knows this. Playing with the big boys might knock him down a little.

CCFC54321

If you was a scout looking at gyokeres tonight then you would be going away not sure about him. However, that Sweden side is probably the worst since the 80’s and mpappe and Kane would struggle with the lack of quality around them they are that bad.

Obviously twenty odd minutes doesn’t tell the story about gyokeres but it’s a step up playing in a side similar to what that he would move to in the premier league. A Fulham, West Ham etc type of side.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Playing with the big boys might knock him down a little.

Don't get this, why would you knock him down a little, don't think he's getting too big for he's boots.

pusbccfc

Don't get this, why would you knock him down a little, don't think he's getting too big for he's boots.

Because if Dortmund, Leeds or Fulham come in for him, maybe he'll not rush at the chance of being a 3rd/4th choice striker unless he's with the Sweden squad and feels as good if not better than his teammates.

Ultimately, he's up against Isak for Sweden. That's the sort of level striker he'll be up against for a midtable PL side if he moves.

CCFC54321

I’d have a guess after this international break with Sweden will decide gyokeres future.

a) he moves in the summer fee permitting and he increases his salary but plays a lot less at a top uk or European club.

b) sits tight and goes on a free in 12 months.

c) extends his contract by 12 months so we get a higher fee for him.

The likes of linderloff will be in his ear this weekend …. “Look I’m shit and I’m on £70k a week.”

Ashdown

He’s a Swede and he will sooner or later put money first. It’s in their nature, I’ve worked with the Swedes for 30 years.
Let’s just hope when it happens we can capitalise on it.

SBAndy

Ultimately, he's up against Isak for Sweden. That's the sort of level striker he'll be up against for a midtable PL side if he moves.

It’s not really, though, is it.

A selection of first choice mid-table PL strikers:

Danny Welbeck
Aleksandar Mitrovic
Ollie Watkins
Odsonne Edouard
Raul Jimenez
Patrick Bamford

Wouldn’t say any of the above are clearly better than Vik. The idea he’d be benchwarming is questionable at best.

Grendel

Danny Welbeck
Aleksandar Mitrovic
Ollie Watkins
Odsonne Edouard
Raul Jimenez
Patrick Bamford

Wouldn’t say any of the above are clearly better than Vik. The idea he’d be benchwarming is questionable at best.

There isn’t really a mid table club other than Villa. There’s 10 clubs near the bottom and yes when you have the likes of Bamford then it’s not really high quality down there. Everyon seem to have to rely on Simms

shmmeee

There isn’t really a mid table club other than Villa. There’s 10 clubs near the bottom and yes when you have the likes of Bamford then it’s not really high quality down there. Everyon seem to have to rely on Simms

Brighton - 7th
Fulham - 9th
Villa - 11th
Palace - 12th
Wolves - 13th
Leeds - 14th

WTF are you on about?

PVA

Danny Welbeck
Aleksandar Mitrovic
Ollie Watkins
Odsonne Edouard
Raul Jimenez
Patrick Bamford

Mitrovic and Watkins are to be fair. Agree on the others though.

Grendel

Brighton - 7th
Fulham - 9th
Villa - 11th
Palace - 12th
Wolves - 13th
Leeds - 14th

WTF are you on about?

Palace below are two games from the drop zone. 12 down ads fighting to stay up - palace will go down I think

Grendel

Regardless, they’re mid table.

It’s a league where there are half the teams fighting relegation West Ham could be “mid table” next week and palace in the drop zone

shmmeee

It’s a league where there are half the teams fighting relegation West Ham could be “mid table” next week and palace in the drop zone

They could. But right now they’re not. Is your argument that if at the end of a season there’s somehow three points separating top and bottom that there’s no top middle or bottom of the table?

Grendel

They could. But right now they’re not. Is your argument that if at the end of a season there’s somehow three points separating top and bottom that there’s no top middle or bottom of the table?

The discussion was around teams being established in the league - none of these are and are all pretty poor

SBT

The discussion was around teams being established in the league - none of these are and are all pretty poor
Would be intrigued to hear your list of ‘established’ Premier League teams in that case - think a few of the ones mentioned earlier would be surprised to not find themselves on the list.

Grendel

Would be intrigued to hear your list of ‘established’ Premier League teams in that case - think a few of the ones mentioned earlier would be surprised to not find themselves on the list.

I said from Crystal Palace down any of those clubs could go down - the management churn this season shows how desperate it is

Therefore a player like Gyokeres will be more appealing to more teams. The quality is far worse than before and a player who might score goals could make a huge difference to any of those teams

SBT

I said from Crystal Palace down any of those clubs could go down - the management churn this season shows how desperate it is

Therefore a player like Gyokeres will be more appealing to more teams. The quality is far worse than before and a player who might score goals could make a huge difference to any of those teams
I’m taking issue with you saying none of those teams are ‘established’ PL teams, I suppose - that would presumably be news to Palace, who’ve been there for almost a decade. Or Villa, who have played in all but three PL seasons. Or Leeds, who’ve won the damn thing etc etc.

The argument about falling standards in the PL is a whole ‘nother debate (I don’t personally see the evidence), but I don’t think there’s been a period in top flight history where a young international striker pushing for the golden boot in the league below wouldn’t have attracted interest from a number of clubs.

Balli001

I’m taking issue with you saying none of those teams are ‘established’ PL teams, I suppose - that would presumably be news to Palace, who’ve been there for almost a decade. Or Villa, who have played in all but three PL seasons. Or Leeds, who’ve won the damn thing etc etc.

The argument about falling standards in the PL is a whole ‘nother debate (I don’t personally see the evidence), but I don’t think there’s been a period in top flight history where a young international striker pushing for the golden boot in the league below wouldn’t have attracted interest from a number of clubs.
Leeds haven't won the the premier league. However football did of course happen before sky make us beleive

Happy_Martian

We shouldn't assume that Vik's talent at this time is above or below any of the strikers in the Prem currently. They are there and performing every week. There is no guarantee that Vik will be a success or a failure in the higher league as he's never been tested at that level. And just because we say he's that good, well... in comparison, the Sunderland fans think most of their team is Champions League quality and would walk into any International team if there wasn't a massive conspiracy by the FA, EFL, MI5, CIA, Interpol and the Pope against the Mackems.

It's a moot discussion favoured by fan-tinted glasses.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He’s starting tonight vs Azerbaijan. Wearing his Cov shirt number (17) for the first time in the national team.

Do we have to pay Brighton any add on fee's?

Londonccfcfan

Do you look in the mirror and argue with yourself

Briles

Just got booked for a bit of a late one. Is it bad I was more worried about him getting injured than the bloke he poleaxed 😂

Users who are viewing this thread