Vik 🇸🇪 (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Seen a video of all his goals this season and one thing I noticed was his reaction to scoring. Against Forest it’s like he couldn’t believe he scored compared to his goals vs Peterborough and Fulham where he looked like he knew he was going to score. Can see the confidence beaming off him.

Can also see how gutted he was not to get the hat trick on Saturday.

TomRad85

Seen a video of all his goals this season and one thing I noticed was his reaction to scoring. Against Forest it’s like he couldn’t believe he scored compared to his goals vs Peterborough and Fulham where he looked like he knew he was going to score. Can see the confidence beaming off him.
You're right. His reaction now is just like 'this is what I do, no big deal.' Could end up with some seriously impressive figures at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

If he were to go for 20m and 15m of that was put back into the team, I don’t think that would be all that bad and it didn’t do Brentford too badly.

Sick Boy

Be careful , when I suggested a figure of 15m in the hypothetically post, Grendel almost went into meltdown. £20m will finish him off !
We’d be foolish to accept anything less than 15m if he continues as he has been so far. Personally I’d prefer him to stay here and become a hero but we’re never going to get that level of investment in squad with a major player sale. It’s not served us badly on our journey back up the leagues so far.

procdoc

We have to remember a striker at this level that gets 20 or more goals that’s in the first year of a long term contract the price another club will pay is at a premium. IF Gyo finishes on 20 plus goals we should be asking the bidding to start at 25m. It’s probably what Armstrong would have went for if his contract at Blackburn wasn’t running out

Legia Sky Blue

Sell him and buy a promotion winning side then buy all of the Ricoh

...... but surely we need someone like him to score the goals to make us into a promotion winning side!! Just having that money doesn't guarantee anyone we bring in to replace him will be a success either. Whatsmore if we were to sell in January, getting the right players in would be doubly difficult given the nature of that transfer window, and if at that time it looks like we have a decent shot at promotion we would be nuts to sell any of our major players. Only at the end of the season if we have not been promoted ourselves and the player wants to move on, then that would be the time to sell, which would then allow MR time and scope to go out and 'buy a promotion winning side'.

Brighton Sky Blue

...... but surely we need someone like him to score the goals to make us into a promotion winning side!! Just having that money doesn't guarantee anyone we bring in to replace him will be a success either. Whatsmore if we were to sell in January, getting the right players in would be doubly difficult given the nature of that transfer window, and if at that time it looks like we have a decent shot at promotion we would be nuts to sell any of our major players. Only at the end of the season if we have not been promoted ourselves and the player wants to move on, then that would be the time to sell, which would then allow MR time and scope to go out and 'buy a promotion winning side'.

I never suggested selling him in January.

Alkhen

Do newly signed players ever get sold after 6 months good form? struggling to think of single occasion that has happened?

Might happen if it was a youth player bursting on to the scene but not someone who has come in for money.

*Robert Jarni does not count*

Sky Blue Pete

Great he got on. It can only improve his game playing with such great players. Hopefully get some minutes next game too

skybluesam66

Do newly signed players ever get sold after 6 months good form? struggling to think of single occasion that has happened?

Might happen if it was a youth player bursting on to the scene but not someone who has come in for money.

Hartson albeit driven by relegation

Johhny Blue

Robbie Keane?

clint van damme

Good observation that. Confidence is such a huge factor in any sport.

Torquay Sky Blue

Very true. That second goal against Fulham was the kind of finish you see from a top top striker. There's no way he's scoring that at the start of the season or even taking it on.

Alkhen

Robbie Keane?
Yeah probably the closest. would say he had a near full season and his stock was pretty high.

Man that move was depressing, most of the money wasn't seen by the club .Bellamy despite being a decent shout on paper didn't fit as a replacement. If we could have held on to Keane the next season could have been very different

Happy_Martian

I think Kosovo would run them close

Agree. Thought Kosovo would be in a similar vein to San Marino and Albania. Whipping boys and a goal fest for the more recognised teams. Small country and low population shouldn't have given them many good playing options. But watching the game yesterday, I was very impressed with their ability and confidence. Penalty (definitely not a good call by VAR) looked to have shook them and even Sweden's second initiated several attempts at goal from Kosovo. It was the third that killed them off though. They may not get through this tournament but I can see them surprising a few good teams down the line.

Legia Sky Blue

Agree. Thought Kosovo would be in a similar vein to San Marino and Albania. Whipping boys and a goal fest for the more recognised teams. Small country and low population shouldn't have given them many good playing options. But watching the game yesterday, I was very impressed with their ability and confidence. Penalty (definitely not a good call by VAR) looked to have shook them and even Sweden's second initiated several attempts at goal from Kosovo. It was the third that killed them off though. They may not get through this tournament but I can see them surprising a few good teams down the line.

Albania are currently 2nd in England's group ahead of Poland, so not exactly whipping boys either.

Users who are viewing this thread