view from the club (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

As read in an email sent to me and probably most of you

After getting off to a flying start,courtesy of the returning Gary McSheffrey's first goal of the current campaign, we eventually had to settle for a point, in what became a tale of two penalties.

After Simon Church had equalised, Joe Murphy expertly saved a penalty late in the first half. Lukas Jutkiewicz then missed a penalty in the dying seconds of the game to leave the team with only a point to show for their hard work. .

After creating a number of chances throughout the game, including what would have been a Goal of the Season contender had Jutkiewicz’s shot, following a run from his own half, not been tipped round the post, there are plenty of reasons for us to be positive ahead of Tuesday night’s match against Blackpool. .

Solid performances from Chris Hussey and Conor Thomas, along with a Man of the Match performance from McSheffrey and the return to first team action for Clive Platt all give manager Andy Thorn food for thought ahead of the clash with Ian Holloway’s men.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wow, the Ministry for Information has spoken! Very selective-Thomas looked good first half but was far too lightweight and slow to react in the 2nd, getting knocked off the ball and losing possession regularly.

I really don't need a non-objective source telling me what I saw like this. More bull and spin, spin, spin. Is this SISU's idea of communication?!?Pathetic-where's our sodding loan budget gone?! Won't the Turner fee pay for somebody we desperately need?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought Hussey played well. Took his man on alot and managed to get past him a good few times today. We didn't see a constant supply of deep over hit crosses like we have recently.

Nonleagueherewecome

They don't mention the schoolboy-error foul by Cyrus for the pen do they? Funny that. I saw it as 2 points dropped against a team that is a shadow of the one from last season-they are missing Mills and Long massively. If the best we can hope for against a side like that is a point, we are in big trouble. Having the club come out and tell me it was "positive" is just rubbing it in. What do they know about football? QED, bugger all! Leave it to the media, that's their job.

Otis

I came away worried.

We lack movement, were very much stretched at the back and have gaping holes at times between the 3 units of defence, midfield and attack .We lack pace and we just have that look of a relegation team. Can't put it into words, but we just look like a struggling unit. The sum of all of the parts don't quite add up. We had some good shots on target today but most of them were from distance. We don't seem to be getting or creating the bread and butter chances in and around the 6 yard box.

WillieStanley

Certainly a far cry from Derby! A little better than Ipswich. My biggest concern is there was absolutely no optionnfor an easy ball and when it was there it wasn't used!

To quote a great band "Tears in my Beer"

Users who are viewing this thread