Very important win today (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Might not have been the greatest performance but an away win is very good for morale and we stuck with it and dug a result out.

We still have Fleck, Barton and hopefully Jennings to come into the midfield area.

Cody and Ball seemed to be in the right places and I am sure the goals will come.

Tough trip to Yeovil now but it's good to get the first competitive game of the season done and dusted with a win.

PUSB

@richh87

Thank God we do have them to come in. The fact that Billy Daniels has to play says it all about our depth in midfield.

Céu Azul

Thomas out injured too though. That's a lot of midfieders to be out at the same time. We do have some depth. Really hope they get Jennings sorted before Sat though.

AFCCOVENTRY

Jennings, Fleck and Barton will completely change our style of play.

Hopefully we can see them all on Sat.

But a win is a win.... and it's an away win.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Back 4 did well, esp. Reece Brown which was good. Cody didn't really get much service and Elliot looked alright when he came on. Midfield was a bit poor but as said we have 2 or 3 coming back and I'm really excited to see Fleck and Barton. Once again I think the midfield were too narrow though.

AFCCOVENTRY

Jennings, Barton and Fleck will make our midfield much more dynamic for sure.

Looks like Brown and Wood is the preferred centre back choice.

dongonzalos

I am glad about that. No disrespect to the French boys but I had concerns about 2 of them making their debuts together.

Just really hope we keep Wood.

Also hope we lead the odd match 3-0 and can bring them on bit by bit to get used the English football gradually.

junglej13

Thorn seems to like Billy Daniels. What sort of player is he? Did he play at the tip of the diamond tonight??

speedie87

Back 4 did well, esp. Reece Brown which was good. Cody didn't really get much service and Elliot looked alright when he came on. Midfield was a bit poor but as said we have 2 or 3 coming back and I'm really excited to see Fleck and Barton. Once again I think the midfield were too narrow though.

That last sentence gives me nightmares.

SeeSeaFC

Full backs were good defensively but poor coming forward. Brown and Wood were solid, Brown is composed and can play it out well. Kilbane can't hack it out wide but was a much needed pro to stick the penner away. Attacking 4 that rotated didn't offer enough, but only had ariel balls to chase. Looking forward to seeing Fleck live next time hopefully, the midfield lacked creativity. So glad it didn't go to ET.
We put the ball out of the ground more times than on target, the stadium looked like that one side at Luton, all the way round - but these guys didn't have a big net.
Enjoyed singing ''we're gonna have a shot (and you better believe us) .... before the pen, and singing to Richard Shaw.
Good Start to the Season, PUSB

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread