Very Cool Scandinavian Supporters Flag/Badge (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

That’s Brilliant :emoji_fearful: I especially like the fact they’ve depicted Brian ‘Killer’ Kilcline
Riding the Elephant.

Last edited:

ccfctommy

I got speaking to two Norwegian lads in the Gas last game of last season. They wanted to go to Spurs but the game was cancelled so came here instead. They knew about Runar Normann, and told there was roughly 1000 City fans in Norway.

The man who replaced Solsjaer at Molde last year, is a City fan also.

clint van damme

There has been a Scandinavian club for many years, and an Irish one. Also, there are the Dutch twins that come over regularly, often in a one day trip - and don’t forget the Italian lad. A really nice fella, and very passionate about the club.

the London supporters club has an international section which many nationalities and clubs are affiliated to.
Have a look at the CCLSC website. Fantastic stuff

Edit: Martcov is a member. Met him at the Cheltenham away game a couple of years. Nice chap and a proper fan.

Dutch twins you say?

upload_2020-1-9_9-35-17.jpeg

Liquid Gold

Bloody foreigners staying over there supporting our teams.
I dislike the tourist nature of the Premier League, it would be hypocritical of me to then think Scandinavians supporting us is brilliant. A lot of football's problems would be solved if people just supported their local teams.

chiefdave

I dislike the tourist nature of the Premier League, it would be hypocritical of me to then think Scandinavians supporting us is brilliant. A lot of football's problems would be solved if people just supported their local teams.
I've always assumed its mostly people who have moved away or have some link to the city. Can't be many people around the world with no connection deciding to support us can there?

shmmeee

Fair enough. I doubt when it’s another country that’s the only team they support, but the support local argument is a strong and fair one.

Exit Stage Left

Fair enough. I doubt when it’s another country that’s the only team they support, but the support local argument is a strong and fair one.

Completely agree. I think there's a good chance we are like a second team for this guy to support when he visits England and could well have a local team he watches most other weekends.

The Dane

So, being danish and following Coventry, I thought I had to comment.

All of us from Scandinavia grew up watching English football, and loved the passion. There was only one game per week, and it didn't really matter who played - we watched it. I think it's quite similar to American Football now, where I just catch the game that is on tv (danish tv at least).

I have been a Coventry fan since '95, and I can recall the exact moment I started following Coventry, when "we" played Blackburn and drew 1-1. I was actually following Man United (I was a goalie, they had Peter Schmeichel, don't hold it against me) and because of that, wanted Coventry to win, but that game changed it. After that, I was done gloryhunting, was hooked, and it was Coventry for me.

I've watched, a few games live, mostly away due to finding it much easier to catch a game in London, rather than taking the trip to Coventry, Northampton, Birmingham or wherever we would be playing. I've been to the Ricoh, but I'm a jinx, and have never seen us win, in fact, never seen us lose either, but I try to stay away.

It's not that we don't have local teams to support. I'm a season ticket holder for Brøndby in Denmark, but we have a long winter break, and I guess that is part of the answer to why so many of us, have a team abroad as well.

Now, the passion from back then is not as obvious at it was: seated fans, shit atmosphere and plenty of tourists in the seats, but I've actually enjoyed us going down the leagues. I'd much rather see a lower league game, where the football being played isn't as polished as in the prem, but where you can actually tell that people give a s*it. Not just the people watching, but also the players. Having said that, I want us to go up, if for nothing else, it would make it a lot easier to catch the games on tv.

Pretty much all of my football interested friends follow an English team, but except for a single Wolves fan, it's mainly Liverpool and Man Utd - eventhough a few Chelsea, City and Spurs fans have turned up, due to their "new"found wealth and thereby success.

I too, love the flag above, and the elephant-order is a big deal in Denmark. As someone said, it's a knighting, but of the highest order and for royalty and that sort. I have no idea if there is any link to Coventry though.

The Dane

itsabuzzard

Local football for local people. Very Royston Vasey.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Dane

The other way around: Mikkel Bischoff had a spell at Coventry, but was VERY injury prone.
He came from Man City, so was probably handsomely paid, and then he was released, and signed for Brøndby... Still injury prone, still a high earner ☹️

He did fairly well for Brøndby, but I expected more from him. Nice chap though!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The other way around: Mikkel Bischoff had a spell at Coventry, but was VERY injury prone.
He came from Man City, so was probably handsomely paid, and then he was released, and signed for Brøndby... Still injury prone, still a high earner ☹️

Thanks Dane! That was doing my head in!

skybluetony176

So, being danish and following Coventry, I thought I had to comment.

All of us from Scandinavia grew up watching English football, and loved the passion. There was only one game per week, and it didn't really matter who played - we watched it. I think it's quite similar to American Football now, where I just catch the game that is on tv (danish tv at least).

I have been a Coventry fan since '95, and I can recall the exact moment I started following Coventry, when "we" played Blackburn and drew 1-1. I was actually following Man United (I was a goalie, they had Peter Schmeichel, don't hold it against me) and because of that, wanted Coventry to win, but that game changed it. After that, I was done gloryhunting, was hooked, and it was Coventry for me.

I've watched, a few games live, mostly away due to finding it much easier to catch a game in London, rather than taking the trip to Coventry, Northampton, Birmingham or wherever we would be playing. I've been to the Ricoh, but I'm a jinx, and have never seen us win, in fact, never seen us lose either, but I try to stay away.

It's not that we don't have local teams to support. I'm a season ticket holder for Brøndby in Denmark, but we have a long winter break, and I guess that is part of the answer to why so many of us, have a team abroad as well.

Now, the passion from back then is not as obvious at it was: seated fans, shit atmosphere and plenty of tourists in the seats, but I've actually enjoyed us going down the leagues. I'd much rather see a lower league game, where the football being played isn't as polished as in the prem, but where you can actually tell that people give a s*it. Not just the people watching, but also the players. Having said that, I want us to go up, if for nothing else, it would make it a lot easier to catch the games on tv.

Pretty much all of my football interested friends follow an English team, but except for a single Wolves fan, it's mainly Liverpool and Man Utd - eventhough a few Chelsea, City and Spurs fans have turned up, due to their "new"found wealth and thereby success.

I too, love the flag above, and the elephant-order is a big deal in Denmark. As someone said, it's a knighting, but of the highest order and for royalty and that sort. I have no idea if there is any link to Coventry though.

The Dane

Danes are my favourite Scandinavians. Also follow Brøndby a bit myself as I have a close Danish friend who is a Brøndby supporter.

NortonSkyBlue

I am proud we have such fans, The Swiss fans were annual visitors and I have even met a guy in Riyadh who is a Spanish Sky Blue, no connection other than watching Peter Ndlovu score the hat trick against Liverpool on TV and decided that it was Coventry City for him. He follows Huelva in Spain but it's the Sky Blues who are his team.

ccfctommy

Do you remember Morten Hyldegaard?

Johnrambo

Like The Dane said, growing up in Denmark back in the 90’s, all the football in the telly was English.

The Danish fanculture is not very good, you got like 3-4 clubs that have ok followings.

But the flag is pretty cool, and the Elephants have abit of history here in Denmark. You got the Order of the Elephant, and there is two big Elephant statues when going into the Carlsberg brewery.

The Elephant gate in Copenhagen.

Attachments

• 0339F156-D31A-4F44-A8AA-22DC972CE3FE.jpeg
    0339F156-D31A-4F44-A8AA-22DC972CE3FE.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • DCB02404-FE26-4272-8A89-B25635B7024F.jpeg
    DCB02404-FE26-4272-8A89-B25635B7024F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

The Dane

Do you remember Morten Hyldegaard?

Sure I do, but only because of his nationality and his time with Coventry. He actually seemed a decent keeper when playing for Cov, but has hardly had a game anywhere else, when looking at his wiki.

I remember he was first choice at Cov, but there was a clause in his contract, that either he was due a pay rise/bonus or his former club was due a fee? Either way, he never had game time when close to triggering it, because Cov couldn't afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread